Good Neighbor Hotel?

BibbidyBobbidyBoo

<font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I'm looking into a little trip at the end of October (it will either be a solo trip, with a friend or MAYBE with my eldest daughter.. not sure yet) and since we have a trip already planned staying onsite the next month- I figure I might as well make this a less expensive trip and stay offsite.
I have found it is a lot cheaper flying and staying in an offsite resort- but I have some questions about what exactly a Disney good neighbor hotel means??

I mean does that really MEAN anything? Or does it just mean it's close? It does mention free shuttle to disney parks... but what I am asking is....
It probably doesn't mean you can get early entry in the parks- right?
But I think I read somewhere someone said you can still do the MNSSHP if you are staying offsite in one of those hotels? Is that true?

That part is kinda important. EE is not a big thing but the whole point of the trip is to go one night to MNSSHP. I need to buy tickets for that pretty soon ... but I'd need to know if I could even buy those/participate in that if I'm not staying onsite?

Please let me know about that and any other benefits you know of -of staying at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel?

Thanks in advance! :)

No matter where you are staying, you can go to MNSSHP as long as you purchase a ticket. I would get mine way in advance since they have a tendency to sell out.
Good Neighbor usually means that it is somewhat close to WDW, maybe more up to Disney "standards" as opposed to other hotels & some of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd use to have EE moringings & E ticket nights....some of that has changed and I am not sure which do or don't anymore. I know I didn't help you much on the Good Neighbor but maybe someone else can add more????

You may want to try this question under Orlando hotels-I am not familiar with the term. Maybe it means Kissimee hotels?? I think Hilton at DTD is the only hotel, besides Swan/Dolphin that gets EMH like the Disney resorts do. I don't think shuttles off property run very frequently, though I suppose some may be better than others. I think transportation on property is a big plus.
Perhaps a code will come out and you can stay on property again. DH and I are doing another trip, this time without the kids, end of Sept and I got CBR for $79 plus tax(FL resident-Visa). I also have AKL for $119 in Nov(SOG overflow), so there IS hope for codes :D ! I am still keeping my eye out for AP rates ;) !

I've only seen the term "Good Neighbor Hotel" used for certain non-Disney hotels near Disneyland (Anaheim). These hotels offer packages that can be booked through Disney travel. Has anyone heard of this arrangement in WDW?

we have a board for Orlando area hotels and that includes the Good neighbor ones. I am going to move that there :)

Oh, sorry I put it in the wrong forum. But since it had the word DISNEY in the name of the hotel description (meaning Disney Good Neighbor resort or hotel or whichever one of those it said LOL) I thought it was related to Disney -not just Orlando hotels and attractions. Sorry.

So I guess the "DisneyGood Neighbor" thing is just relating to how close it is? It's not really related to Disney at all? So how do they get away with using the Disney name like that? LOL

I don't think it's in Kissimmee (sp?) -it says 2 miles from Disney in the DTD area. Maybe I should go back and find out what the exact name of it was again to get better answers. I know it wasn't the Hilton though. LOL

Thanks for the info on ANYONE can get the MNSSHP - I'll have to hurry and get those tickets then! :)

I'm not sure if better rates will come out by then- but so far I can't find rates (even with an AP) that come anywhere NEAR close to the price of this hotel during my/our stay. And staying onsite for THIS trip isn't important enough to pay almost twice as much or more (depending on which resort). We're already going to be staying onsite just a month later and I'll probably end up alone so I won't be in a massive hurry -so shuttles will be fine and EE is not necessary on this trip either. I might even sleep in... hehe

Okay so just to make sure- if staying offsite, even at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel- you cannot get e-tickets nor use EE. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter