Good morning

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
I took an unintentional break, far longer than I imagined it would be. I just caught myself lurking the last few days and I decided it was time to reconnect. From working mostly 11 hour days on a computer, and some health issues (much better now) I just didn't come visit. I have thought about this place and missed you all.
I hope everyone is doing well.

I'll be back. :)

Oh my goodness! What a treat this morning! How are you and I hope you are doing well and happy today:). I don't post too much anymore but I still lurk around.

Oh my goodness! What a treat this morning! How are you and I hope you are doing well and happy today:). I don't post too much anymore but I still lurk around.

Nice to see you also Tina! Hope you and your husband are doing well!

I took an unintentional break, far longer than I imagined it would be. I just caught myself lurking the last few days and I decided it was time to reconnect. From working mostly 11 hour days on a computer, and some health issues (much better now) I just didn't come visit. I have thought about this place and missed you all.

Welcome Back! Don't be a stranger. Always good to see an "old timer" return (did you ever think you'd be called an "old timer"?!)

SO great to hear from one of my old "friends"!!!! :grouphug:

I didn't know you were ill, but glad to hear that you are better now, and best wishes for continued imrprovement.

Hope you and your girls are all doing well, Laurie.

I've really missed you.

Welcome back, Serena!!! :goodvibes

TTTTTTTTTT, HOW ARE YOU? HOW IS MATT? :yay:

How nice to see you here again! :)

So, fill us in on what's been going on!

TC :cool1:

Great to see you Serena! Glad you're doing well. Come back sometime soon.
:love:

Wow, the reception has blown me away. I'm grateful :goodvibes

Ok, I still live at the same place. My youngest turned 21 last month. As for my health issues. It's a long and boring storypopcorn::, but last summer I had my gallbladder removed. My doc said it was the worst one he had ever seen in anyone.

(this next part you may want to skip)

My gall bladder apparently had been rotting in me for a long time.

Ok, back to the regular schedule program. After recovering from that, I went to work for a week, but something wasn't right. I was thinking it didn't cure all my ills. Until I couldn't breath very well. Went to the ER. They took me in immediately. They thought I was having a heart attack. I had at least 6 people in that room at once. They started stripping me and they had that done and a gown on before I could protest. I don't know what all they hooked me up to, but they did decide it wasn't my heart.
I had developed an infection that had built up so badly I couldn't breath. I was in the hospital 9 days for that one. I had a tube stuck in my side for 3 weeks.
However, the CT scan at the beginning and the end showed the docs I had a mass on my ovary, that went from 3cm to 8 in a week.
I went to a cancer surgeon and he took out everything I could possibly get rid of. Thankfully, it wasn't cancer.

So, now that I am able to eat without any repercussions I find myself eating all the time.
Oh, and I am so glad I have a couch that is very, very comfortable because I spent most of about 6 months resting, sleeping, and eating on that couch.

I am back to work and learned/learning to crochet. All in all life is good. :thumbsup2

Wow! You have been through a LOT over the past year or so. I'm glad they were able to treat everything and that you seem to be making a nice recovery.

Is someone teaching you to crochet, or are you learning on your own? I want to learn to crochet or knit.

Hi Krista :wave2:
I am so much better than before. I actually don't hurt at all now Life is good.

As for crochet, I am teaching myself. I do ok, except for those darn corners. So, I do as few of them as possible. :) There are some great books that have instructions and pictures that make it not so confusing. I'm sure they have videos online too, I just haven't looked yet.
I made my girls scarves, and they actually like and wear them. lol I made the first one for my oldest. It's black with silver sparkles all through it. I took it to work to ask everyone if they liked it. If they would wear it, before giving it to Bri. She could not hide her surprise and delight that it wasn't horrible. and she loved it. It was so funny, and I understood. This is not the first thing I've taught myself to do and thought people would like. :blush:

wow, you have had a rough few months. Glad things are going better for you! Hope to see you around here more often!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter