Good location for us to request at Coronado Springs?

TinkerMarie

Earning My Ears
It looks so big on the map I don't have any idea where we want to be! :confused3

We have 3 kids, 4yo, 2yo, and 1yo. We will have a double stroller. Our arrival day as well as a "rest" day mid-trip will be spent at the resort so we will be eating lunch there those days, and wanting to swim and play. We don't care about bus stops because DH refuses to ride them (bad prior experience). I will be doing laundry on the "rest" day too. DH likes the look of the Casitas; I like them too but would also be happy with the Cabanas. Neither of us much like the look of the Ranchos section.

Where do we want to be?

We were in the 7B section. It was a standard room so we faced the parking lot, but there was a short wall between the rooms' walkway and the lawns. I can't remember the room number.

I know many people didn't like the section but we were extremely happy with it. We could see the busstop #3 from our room--just across the parking lot b/n 7A & 8. As most of the buses pick up stop number 4, then 3...We were on and comfy before we got to the front and picked up the preferred rooms.

Those who were off at busstop #4 said it was a long walk across the parking lot (and it looked it at night) then around to the room.

Once you get the layout of the resort, it is a nice little walk over to the swimming pool. We walked past a quiet pool to the big one. There are quite a lot of directional signs and maps to keep you going.

I walked from the main to our room at the end of a late night and I was pregnant. I'm not in super shape.

Preferred buildings at CSR are casitas 1, 2 and 3. They are close to the main building but not very close to the pool. They are more popular with couples and convention goers than with families. If you decide to book preferred, I would caution against the fourth floor of casita 2. Although all rooms at CSR are accessible by elevator, the configuration of casita 2 makes reaching the top floor by elevator somewhat challenging.

Cabanas 9B is now business class (effective 1/1/13), which is really club level lite. Breakfast, snacks and drinks are offered in the lounge. Despite the name, it is not restricted to business travelers. Cabana 9B is very close to the main building and not far from the pool. Besides the club benefits, you have the benefit of knowing which building you will be in.

We always book a standard room at CSR (although I will likely book business class next time to check it out). Our very favorite location is cabana 8A, and that is what we usually request. It is steps away from the Dig Site and also close to the cabanas bus stop (which I know you don't care about). Other nice standard locations are casitas 4 and 5, ranchos 7B and cabanas 8B and 9A. Quiet pools and laundries are located near casita 4, ranchos 7B and cabanas 9A.

CSR does offer some food at the pool, so you will not necessarily have to go to the main building if you want a quick lunch while you are swimming.

Just for clarity in case you do use the buses - park buses stop first at the casitas stop (which is actually bus stop #2), then ranchos (stop #3), then cabanas (stop #4), then El Centro (stop #1). You can get on any park bus and ride to the main building, but that would probably be more trouble than it is worth with a stroller. Downtown Disney buses start at El Centro, then go to casitas, ranchos, then cabanas (so don't get on a DTD bus and try to get to the main building :thumbsup2).

We had requested Cabanas, but got Casitas 5. We were delighted. 5 was fairly close to the food at the main building, and not far from the dig site pool. The laundry was in 4 I think. The laundry room was nice, but I probably won't do that again. It took me a good 2 hours to do our laundry and I missed all the fun swim time that afternoon with my husband and son.

Next time we are paying extra for Casitas. We enjoyed it.

You might request a ground floor room. I remember taking our little guy when he was 18 months. We weren't at CSR, but it was a pain having a stroller and tote bag and all and having a room on an upper floor. But there are elevators at CSR if you should happen to get an upper floor.

Have fun!!

We stayed at cabanas 8b. OMG what a great location. Its right by right pool. So convenient. Its great when you need a mug refil, just go to the pool CS! I love that they have meals there too.

I also love the fact that we were right by bus stop 4, Which is the 3rd pickup. buses were never crowded.

Casitas is nice but its far from the main pool.

Preferred buildings at CSR are casitas 1, 2 and 3. They are close to the main building but not very close to the pool. They are more popular with couples and convention goers than with families. If you decide to book preferred, I would caution against the fourth floor of casita 2. Although all rooms at CSR are accessible by elevator, the configuration of casita 2 makes reaching the top floor by elevator somewhat challenging.

Cabanas 9B is now business class (effective 1/1/13), which is really club level lite. Breakfast, snacks and drinks are offered in the lounge. Despite the name, it is not restricted to business travelers. Cabana 9B is very close to the main building and not far from the pool. Besides the club benefits, you have the benefit of knowing which building you will be in.

We always book a standard room at CSR (although I will likely book business class next time to check it out). Our very favorite location is cabana 8A, and that is what we usually request. It is steps away from the Dig Site and also close to the cabanas bus stop (which I know you don't care about). Other nice standard locations are casitas 4 and 5, ranchos 7B and cabanas 8B and 9A. Quiet pools and laundries are located near casita 4, ranchos 7B and cabanas 9A.

CSR does offer some food at the pool, so you will not necessarily have to go to the main building if you want a quick lunch while you are swimming.

Just for clarity in case you do use the buses - park buses stop first at the casitas stop (which is actually bus stop #2), then ranchos (stop #3), then cabanas (stop #4), then El Centro (stop #1). You can get on any park bus and ride to the main building, but that would probably be more trouble than it is worth with a stroller. Downtown Disney buses start at El Centro, then go to casitas, ranchos, then cabanas (so don't get on a DTD bus and try to get to the main building :thumbsup2).

Currently I have booked a water view room. Are any of the business class rooms also water view rooms? I realize the bc category has to be booked, but I would prefer to not pay to upgrade and then be facing a parking lot..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter