Good idea?

livie1205

DIS Veteran
We are going on the dream in april, we livie in north florida and the route it gives us to the port on mapquest takes us through Orlando.I thought with the kids it would be fun and alot easier to go the day before and stay at ASM at disney,I found it for 84.00 and most of the decent places near the port are more then that. I figured the kids could swim and go to DTD,I also managed to grab a ADR at OHANA! I figured they were sold out at this late date lol
I figured we could get up the morning of the cruise and have just a short drive to the port instead of driving for hours the morning when get on.Does this sound like a good plan or should we just drive the morning of? This IS our first cruise by the way!

Sounds like a great idea!

Start a day earlier - relax at WDW - enjoy Disney dining -

Definitley a great idea! Enjoy the "early" start to your Disney vacation!

That's what we are doing - Yatch's Club that night with a dinner at Yatchsman Steakhouse, hanging out at the Boardwalk with trip to Jellyrolls (our favorite bar), a sleep-in, a quick morning swim in the pool, grab a quick bite to eat and off to the port. I am just as excited about the pre-cruise as I am about the actual cruise!

THANKS!! we have been missing wdw anyway!!! so one full day hanging out is perfect! Should we pack a extra bag for close and things JUST for our ASM stay? Then we can leave that bag in the car that way we dont have to mess with our packed cruise luggage.I dont want everything to be a mess when we head to the port.I think I am most excited about going to our fav place OHANA!!! lol

We are going on the dream in april, we livie in north florida and the route it gives us to the port on mapquest takes us through Orlando.I thought with the kids it would be fun and alot easier to go the day before and stay at ASM at disney,I found it for 84.00 and most of the decent places near the port are more then that. I figured the kids could swim and go to DTD,I also managed to grab a ADR at OHANA! I figured they were sold out at this late date lol
I figured we could get up the morning of the cruise and have just a short drive to the port instead of driving for hours the morning when get on.Does this sound like a good plan or should we just drive the morning of? This IS our first cruise by the way!

livie1205 that is what DW and I like to do. We live on the west coast of Florida, not too far from Tampa. We stay at WDW for a day then drive over to PC the morning of the cruise. The last couple of cruises we have taken we have we have gone over to WDW for a couple of days before the cruise. This stretches out the vacation and gets us all excited about the up coming cruise!!! So if our Disney Cruise starts on Saturday, we will drive over to WDW on Thursday morning and have a couple of days at WDW. Then Saturday morning we wake up, go get breakfast, and then drive over to Port Canaveral for our cruise!!! (Just talking about all of this is getting me excited about our next cruise!!):woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That's what we are doing - Yatch's Club that night with a dinner at Yatchsman Steakhouse, hanging out at the Boardwalk with trip to Jellyrolls (our favorite bar), a sleep-in, a quick morning swim in the pool, grab a quick bite to eat and off to the port. I am just as excited about the pre-cruise as I am about the actual cruise!

OP--your plan sounds great!

Above poster--have you eaten at Yachtsman's Steakhouse before? We had lunch there on 12/24 and it was not good at all. In fact, it was the only Disney restaurant that I've been seriously disappointed in. Food and service were both sub-par. Granted, we had lunch, you have ADRs for dinner. But we won't be going back there.

uummm a what? sorry you lost me lol
I was wondering what that meant too. :confused3

Anyway... I think you have a great plan. Packing a bag to leave in the car is a good idea too. The less stuff you have to pack back up at the end of the cruise the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter