1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Good hotel for 1 night between cruises

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Meeky Mouse, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Meeky Mouse

Meeky Mouse Mouseketeer

My family is lucky enough to be embarking on 2 cruises in January and we'll need to stay at a hotel for the 1 night between the cruises. We'd love to stay in the Port Canaveral area, but we'd like to check in earlier than the usual the usual 3:00 or 4:00 check-in time so that we can get some laundry done. :laundy:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent hotel that would allow us to check-in early?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SnowWhite2

SnowWhite2 DIS Veteran

The easy solution is to book the night before that way you can get in as early as you wish.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Most hotels will allow you to check in as soon as they have a room ready for you. The 3 or 4 pm time is the time they can assure you that it will be ready.

5. pdwimmer

pdwimmer DIS Veteran

I vote Residence Inn. Even if your room isn't ready they'll allow you access to the laundry room. You can hang out in the lobby or by the pool while you wait for your clothing. Happy Sailing!

6. Meeky Mouse

Meeky Mouse Mouseketeer

I wish we could do this, but we just don't have the extra money. The only way we're able to do 2 cruises is to cut down on all possible expenses.

But thanks for the advice!

7. Meeky Mouse

Meeky Mouse Mouseketeer

This is a great & simple suggestion! I don't know why this didn't occur to me. Thank you so much for your help!

:disrocks:

8. Scotty69

Scotty69 DIS Veteran

I would vote for country inn and suiets. They are right there. We always stay there the night before our cruises. You could call them and find out what kind of arrangements you can make.

9. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

I second Residence Inn. They have a nice, comfortable sitting area off the lobby with a TV, in addition to the pool and laundry access. And the staff is always wonderful!

10. TheWescotts

TheWescotts Mouseketeer

My recommendations is the book a stay at one of the value resorts at WDW. It is only about an hour from port, the pools are great, and you can enjoy the free stuff to do: Ride the monorail or ferries, stroll the board walk or window shop at Down Town Disney.

11. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

Most hotels will allow you to request early check in as well. Some charge for this though we have never had that problem.

12. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Do NOT use LaQuinta Inn on North Atlantic Blvd. They refused to allow us an early check-in last winter when we arrived around 11:00am, and we ended up driving around Cocoa Beach for 4+ hours to kill time. I hadn't expected to have access to our room that early, but thought we could hang at the pool but they wouldn't allow us in.

13. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

We stayed at Four points Sheraton. Not sure what the laundry set up is there, but they gave us our parking pass and all that before our room was ready. We were there at a very very busy time-they were sold out so no early check in that day. They have a restaurant/bar and surf shop. Ron Jons is next door and there is a grocery store and drug store across the street. Beach is a short walk.

14. Meeky Mouse

Meeky Mouse Mouseketeer

Yikes! I was considering them because they're offering a 40% discount off parking at Port Canaveral. I guess I'll cross them off the list!
    :thanks:

15. chateau

chateau DIS Veteran

Love this idea, but for me it may just be torture!!!!!:sad2: I can't pinpoint just when I became a Disney addict, but I AM!!!!