Good hotel for 1 night between cruises

Meeky Mouse

Mouseketeer
My family is lucky enough to be embarking on 2 cruises in January and we'll need to stay at a hotel for the 1 night between the cruises. We'd love to stay in the Port Canaveral area, but we'd like to check in earlier than the usual the usual 3:00 or 4:00 check-in time so that we can get some laundry done. :laundy:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent hotel that would allow us to check-in early?

The easy solution is to book the night before that way you can get in as early as you wish.

Most hotels will allow you to check in as soon as they have a room ready for you. The 3 or 4 pm time is the time they can assure you that it will be ready.

My family is lucky enough to be embarking on 2 cruises in January and we'll need to stay at a hotel for the 1 night between the cruises. We'd love to stay in the Port Canaveral area, but we'd like to check in earlier than the usual the usual 3:00 or 4:00 check-in time so that we can get some laundry done. :laundy:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent hotel that would allow us to check-in early?

I vote Residence Inn. Even if your room isn't ready they'll allow you access to the laundry room. You can hang out in the lobby or by the pool while you wait for your clothing. Happy Sailing!

The easy solution is to book the night before that way you can get in as early as you wish.

I wish we could do this, but we just don't have the extra money. The only way we're able to do 2 cruises is to cut down on all possible expenses.

But thanks for the advice!

I vote Residence Inn. Even if your room isn't ready they'll allow you access to the laundry room. You can hang out in the lobby or by the pool while you wait for your clothing. Happy Sailing!

This is a great & simple suggestion! I don't know why this didn't occur to me. Thank you so much for your help!

:disrocks:

Meeky Mouse said:

I would vote for country inn and suiets. They are right there. We always stay there the night before our cruises. You could call them and find out what kind of arrangements you can make.

I second Residence Inn. They have a nice, comfortable sitting area off the lobby with a TV, in addition to the pool and laundry access. And the staff is always wonderful!

My recommendations is the book a stay at one of the value resorts at WDW. It is only about an hour from port, the pools are great, and you can enjoy the free stuff to do: Ride the monorail or ferries, stroll the board walk or window shop at Down Town Disney.

Most hotels will allow you to request early check in as well. Some charge for this though we have never had that problem.

Do NOT use LaQuinta Inn on North Atlantic Blvd. They refused to allow us an early check-in last winter when we arrived around 11:00am, and we ended up driving around Cocoa Beach for 4+ hours to kill time. I hadn't expected to have access to our room that early, but thought we could hang at the pool but they wouldn't allow us in.

We stayed at Four points Sheraton. Not sure what the laundry set up is there, but they gave us our parking pass and all that before our room was ready. We were there at a very very busy time-they were sold out so no early check in that day. They have a restaurant/bar and surf shop. Ron Jons is next door and there is a grocery store and drug store across the street. Beach is a short walk.

Do NOT use LaQuinta Inn on North Atlantic Blvd. They refused to allow us an early check-in last winter when we arrived around 11:00am, and we ended up driving around Cocoa Beach for 4+ hours to kill time. I hadn't expected to have access to our room that early, but thought we could hang at the pool but they wouldn't allow us in.

Yikes! I was considering them because they're offering a 40% discount off parking at Port Canaveral. I guess I'll cross them off the list!
:thanks:

My recommendations is the book a stay at one of the value resorts at WDW. It is only about an hour from port, the pools are great, and you can enjoy the free stuff to do: Ride the monorail or ferries, stroll the board walk or window shop at Down Town Disney.

Love this idea, but for me it may just be torture!!!!!:sad2: I can't pinpoint just when I became a Disney addict, but I AM!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter