Good dip recipe needed

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by melk, Jul 22, 2009.

1. melk

melk <font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen

Going to a cookout this weekend and was asked to bring a vegetable plate with dip.

Anyone have any good recipes that they would like to share?

Thank you!!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyhand

disneyhand DIS Veteran

Knorr (dry soup packets) has a vegetable flavor that is really good mixed in sour cream. Can't think of another for vegies just now.

4. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

How about making your own houmous? Just whizz up a tin of chick peas (drained) with a tablespoon of tahini, some olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning to taste. You can add a pinch of chilli flakes for a kick, or blitz in a (drained) jar of roasted peppers, or some sundried tomatoes, or a good big bunch of cilantro leaves. Its better than a bought houmous (so much more for your money;) ) and people get really impressed:goodvibes Just adjust the oil and lemon for flavour and texture until you're happy with it - precise quantities depend on what else is in with it:thumbsup2

5. Katy Belle

Katy Belle DIS Veteran

I have the perfect thing... but I'm not at home and I can't find one similar on the web!

It is called 'confetti dip.' I know it has sour cream, dry italian salad dressing, a shredded cucumber that you salt and then let drip/dry out in a colander and squeeze it out, and pimentos... probably some more vegetables. I haven't made it in years, but its a good one! I won't be home until mid-august and my MIL, who also has it, will be gone until Sunday! Sorry...but maybe you are up for experimenting :)

6. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

Feta Cheese Dressing
    4 oz Feta
    1 Cup Mayo
    1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
    1 Tablespoon lemon juice
    2/3 cup sour cream
    1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/4 teaspoon celery seed

Blend all in food processor. Cover & refrigerate until serving.

This was nice, but a bit bland. I'd up the cheese, reduce the mayo and add some finely chopped spring onions or chives. I used 1/2 fat creme fraiche instead of sour cream to reduce the calories

Also good for fries!