• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good deal on school supplies at Walmart today

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
My Super Walmart had spiral bound single subject notebooks (70 sheets each notebook) in College and Wide Ruled........10 for $1. I thought that was a pretty good deal!! These were on an end cap right by the card section.

Also, the 24 pack of Crayola crayons---.20 each
Elmers Washable School Glue--.20 each

I just got a flyer with this stuff listed in my inserts today. But it said the prices were good July 9-15.....I was thinking of running over there until I saw the dates. This was already available at your store today?

My girls don't start back until Sept 6 but I usually get the "list " from the school sometime this month and then we usually go right out and get it all before it gets too crazy! :sunny: :wave:

cruisnfamily said:
I just got a flyer with this stuff listed in my inserts today. But it said the prices were good July 9-15.....I was thinking of running over there until I saw the dates. This was already available at your store today?

Just got back..........they were on an end cap, not by the crayons/glue, etc.

Oh shoot, and I was over in that area of town today too.....and didn't stop!

I need to get stuff for us and for the Shoebox gifts at Christmas our church does.

Thanks!,

Dawn

Ours were out yesterday. The Rose Art 24 Crayons were .10. There were already cases of them empty. Last year we almost missed out because they were selling out so fast.

How about those 2 pocket/3 prong folders? Did you see those in Wal Mart yet? They seem to run out right around the time I go looking for them, so I want to get them early. I think they are made pretty poorly, but they are always on the kids lists. They are usually only like 15 or 20 cents a piece.

I didn't see the folders you're talking about. I actually was in a hurry and just picked up the notebooks/crayons/glue. I'm sure I'll be back to Walmart sooner than I'd like to admit (seems like I'm there everyday!!) and I'll check then.

ADisneygirl said:
How about those 2 pocket/3 prong folders? Did you see those in Wal Mart yet? They seem to run out right around the time I go looking for them, so I want to get them early. I think they are made pretty poorly, but they are always on the kids lists. They are usually only like 15 or 20 cents a piece.

I saw these at Staples yesterday for $.10 each.

Hmm,

I didn't know that wasn't the normal price. We were at WalMart 2 weeks ago and got the notepads for .10 a peice.

My Walmart had these yesterday...they were 10 cents each.
My girls don't start back until Sept 6 but I usually get the "list " from the school sometime this month and then we usually go right out and get it all before it gets too crazy!

Oh My! My kids go back on August 10 :furious: Every year it gets moved up....I feel we barely have a summer. When do your kids get out for the summer??

Excellent news. I'm going shopping tomorrow and will make a special trip to wal-mart for these. I usually avoid wal-mart as I can never get in and out in less than an hour it seems. Going without DD tomorrow though so I'll be sure to go look for school supplies. Going to print out her list now. :cool1:

Someone mentioned Staples? Does anyone know if they are having their sales yet? They will price match wal-mart at our local one (don't know if that's everywhere) and I'd rather shop there.

not all the wal-marts have their items out yet. I have been in 8 walmarts over the last 3 days ( I am a sales rep) and as of today only a couple of them had these out yet.

I was shopping July 3 and the back to school stuff was already out...we've only been out of school for 2 weeks here! We go back August 30ish. Some districts start a little sooner or later, but it's usually the last week of August.

they were just putting out the supplies when i was there the other day, the only thing i found were the 2 pack glue sticks for .20. I need to go back and get some crayons, we are going to punta cana and ive been collecting stuff for the local children, guess i`ll have to go back tomorrow!

Good to know, thanks! My daughter starts July 24th, so I need to get her stuff ASAP (year-round school).

bamamom said:
My Walmart had these yesterday...they were 10 cents each.

Oh My! My kids go back on August 10 :furious: Every year it gets moved up....I feel we barely have a summer. When do your kids get out for the summer??
My girls got out the last Friday of June! :)

Our Wal-Mart is just beginning to put school supplies out. :guilty: My DS saw it and said, "that's why I don't like Wal-Mart in the summer"! Can't blame him! They've been out of school for about a month (how fast has that gone?!!) and the go back mid-late August. :teacher:

I checked out our Walmart and they had the sale prices on the school supplies in the ad, but alot of them were sold out or not put out yet. I got .20 24-count crayola crayons, they were out of the Rose Art ones. I also got a protractor, compass, and cap erasers for .97. My kids just got out June 16th, they go back the first week of Sept., but it's nice to get an early start and beat the crowds. Thanks for posting, OP, I was going to wait until next week to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter