• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good deal on Disney tickets through Orbitz

That is what has me leaning towards just buying directly through Disney just in case something came up and we had to postpone our trip we would still have valid tickets paid for that can be used at a later date.

If there wasn't a date restriction on this deal I would be all over it.

You can still get the same price discounted tickets through Undercover Tourist/Mousesavers discount and save the $27 over disney price. they have no restrictions. You just won't get the 10% back

I have been thinking about this since yesterday when I found this thread telling about this deal.

You can get the buy 3 get 2 free which only really saves you around $27 per ticket. Not a huge savings. But the 10% cash back is what made it attractive for me.

What is holding me back is the restrictions on this ticket. You have to pick your dates, and it can only be a 30 day time span, and you have to use the tickets within those dates. Once you buy there is no canceling or refunds.

So if something came up and you couldn't make your trip you just lost $600 worth of restricted tickets.

That is what has me leaning towards just buying directly through Disney just in case something came up and we had to postpone our trip we would still have valid tickets paid for that can be used at a later date.

If there wasn't a date restriction on this deal I would be all over it.

You don't have to use the tickets during a 30 day time span. You have to trade in the voucher for your tickets. Of course if you cancel you'd probably be stuck with just a voucher.
I did this deal back in March. Orbitz emails you a voucher. You print it out and exchange it for a regular 5 day ticket when you get there.

I'm going back soon and am tempted to buy these tickets, exchange the voucher when I'm there and save them for a future trip.

sunshinehighway said:
I'm going back soon and am tempted to buy these tickets, exchange the voucher when I'm there and save them for a future trip.

That's what I did earlier this month, since I already have an AP.

Just bought 5 days for $280 (3 days + 2 free) through Orbitz.

Do you think that Disney can just scan the barcode on your iphone instead of providing the printout? I leave in two days and my printer is out of ink LOL...

Wick said:
Just bought 5 days for $280 (3 days + 2 free) through Orbitz.

Do you think that Disney can just scan the barcode on your iphone instead of providing the printout? I leave in two days and my printer is out of ink LOL...

Did it work out ok for you without the Orbitz printout?

Wavering about buying tix from Orbitz because we're FF+ testers and you need a linked ticket in order to make your FF+ selections. Was anyone able to link their Orbitz park tix to their account?

Thanks in advance.

Here now. Was able to link the tickets one I had them in hand after going thru will call. Been using fast pass + with them the whole time after that, very cool and very easy. Definitely glad we used this and saved the money!

Aww. Thanks so much for replying on your vacation!

That's reassuring that you were able to. I'm wondering if I can do it BEFORE I get there though so I can make FF+ selections now.

Do you find that there are many FF+ selections available still? Worried that there won't be many to choice from if we can't get them linked till we get down there.

I don't think you can make any before you go as you need the actual ticket in hand to link it but as soon as you get it you can line up all your fast passes from that point. We've got all our days filled with the max number of passes and the times were fine. It actually gives you multiple options to choose from in terms of early, midday, afternoon or late afternoon, depending on your schedule. Very cool especially combined with our magic bands! Haha

nlm74 said:
I'm wondering if I can do it BEFORE I get there though so I can make FF+ selections now.

No, you will have to wait until you get to WDW and redeem your Orbitz voucher for your tickets.

Thanks I learned after I booked...oh well. Guess I'll just wait to make FF+ and that's re-assuring that there are still lots of choices, even during a higher volume season.

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR TRIP!

You can still get the same price discounted tickets through Undercover Tourist/Mousesavers discount and save the $27 over disney price. they have no restrictions. You just won't get the 10% back

I am on the Undercover Tourist website right now and I cant find the "3 day base ticket + Park hopper + Water parks + 2 days free" ticket for $368. Orbitz has it, But I just read that there are tough restrictions on those tickets. Can someone help me out where I can find a website that has the deal with no restictions? Thanks in advance.

I am on the Undercover Tourist website right now and I cant find the "3 day base ticket + Park hopper + Water parks + 2 days free" ticket for $368. Orbitz has it, But I just read that there are tough restrictions on those tickets. Can someone help me out where I can find a website that has the deal with no restictions? Thanks in advance.

It's listed as Park Hopper + Water Park Fun & More (5 day) - $368.48 adult and $349.31 child. You need the link from the mousesaver newsletter. Otherwise, I think it's $5 more. Good luck!

It's listed as Park Hopper + Water Park Fun & More (5 day) - $368.48 adult and $349.31 child. You need the link from the mousesaver newsletter. Otherwise, I think it's $5 more. Good luck!

Thanks...

From what I understand how the "Park Hopper + Water Park Fun & More (5 day)" works is as follows:

I get 5 days at any of the 4 Disney parks (Including hopping)
I also get 5 fun visits, So If I go to Blizzard Beach. That counts as 1 fun visit toward my 5 fun visits.

Am I correct on this?

Please forgive me as this is my first trip to WDW and the same goes for my wife. We just want to make sure that we are getting the right ticket package as we are looking to visit 1 of the main 4 parks each day with a extra day at a park of our choice. We also want to go to Disney Quest, Blizzard Beach, and we also want to do miniature Disney's Fantasia Gardens.

How does one book from a third party website anyway? If I booked through Orbitz do they give us a reservation # to the Disney website or do they handle everything???? If anyone ever booked from them before, how did you do it???
Also can you get the DDP separately??? No Disney Package or anything. I know you can get resort only and tickets only but what about DDP???

Thanks...

From what I understand how the "Park Hopper + Water Park Fun & More (5 day)" works is as follows:

I get 5 days at any of the 4 Disney parks (Including hopping)
I also get 5 fun visits, So If I go to Blizzard Beach. That counts as 1 fun visit toward my 5 fun visits.

Am I correct on this?

Please forgive me as this is my first trip to WDW and the same goes for my wife. We just want to make sure that we are getting the right ticket package as we are looking to visit 1 of the main 4 parks each day with a extra day at a park of our choice. We also want to go to Disney Quest, Blizzard Beach, and we also want to do miniature Disney's Fantasia Gardens.

I recommend reading the "Everything About WDW Tickets" under Theme Park Attractions and more thread. The first post has table of contents so you can choose topic that applies to you.

Nonetheless, here is an example scenario:

Day 1 - EPCOT & DHS - 1 theme park ticket is used, you have 4 theme park tickets and 5 fun visits
Day 2 - Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon - 2 fun visits are used, you have 4 theme park tickets and 3 fun visits left.
Day 3 - AK & Disney Quest - 1 theme park ticket & 1 fun visit is used, you have 3 theme park tickets left and 2 fun visits left.

I hope this explains it.

How does one book from a third party website anyway? If I booked through Orbitz do they give us a reservation # to the Disney website or do they handle everything???? If anyone ever booked from them before, how did you do it???
Also can you get the DDP separately??? No Disney Package or anything. I know you can get resort only and tickets only but what about DDP???

The 10% Orbitz deal discussed here only pertains to tickets. If you book a room through Orbitz, that's different. You can't get a dining plan except by booking a Disney vacation package through Disney or AAA. You can't add it separately and you can't add it to room-only reservations made through discount travel sites like Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.

I can't speak for booking a hotel through Orbitz but I did buy tickets through them. What I did was went to the website for E-bates and then from there searched "Orbitz" and went through e-bates link to Orbitz and bought my park tickets from them. I did it when they had the 10% cash back on orbitz activities- park tickets count as an activity. I had to select how many days for parks I wanted, I went with the buy 3 get 2. No water park option. And it asked me what day(s) i was redeeming it. I chose a window of 30 day time frame... My trip starts on 8/29 so I chose from 8/11 to early Sept. Then after it's booked, Orbitz sends you an email voucher which you print- bring that to Guest Services at DTD or one of the 4 theme parks to redeem for actual park tickets.

I also booked (From E-bates) on travelocity the room at Pop. There was a promotional code I found from someone on here actually-- and it made the room that much cheaper! :)

I usually buy Florida resident weekday select tickets but I'm trying to decide if I should buy the 2 day ticket for $209 and pay $10 to upgrade or buy the the 3 + 2 free and try and get 2 weekday select passes. Does anyone know what Disney does if I upgrade my ticket to an annual pass that is cheaper then the current ticket. the 3+ 2 is worth $350 and my annual weekday ticket is only $219.

I usually buy Florida resident weekday select tickets but I'm trying to decide if I should buy the 2 day ticket for $209 and pay $10 to upgrade or buy the the 3 + 2 free and try and get 2 weekday select passes. Does anyone know what Disney does if I upgrade my ticket to an annual pass that is cheaper then the current ticket. the 3+ 2 is worth $350 and my annual weekday ticket is only $219.
Disney won't refund the difference if the ticket that you present to them for upgrading is worth more than the ticket to which you to upgrade. There's a very good Ticket FAQ stuck to the top of the TPAS Board. It's written by a CM that works in ticketing. Check it out for information about upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter