• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good deal on Disney tickets through Orbitz

So the ebates/Orbitz deal is not good for tickets I would be using for by October trip. I am responding to Califlorican post stating the deal is only until the end of September.

Please clarify (I'm a little confused),
Ryan

It seems that if you plug in dates of your trip starting September 30 or before, it will give you the special 1 day free. If you plug in October 1 or after, it will still show up but without the special 1 day free.
So if your trip starts September 30-Oct 4, it will work. But if you're going, say...October 1-5, it will not. Sorry for the confusion :(

It seems that if you plug in dates of your trip starting September 30 or before, it will give you the special 1 day free. If you plug in October 1 or after, it will still show up but without the special 1 day free.
So if your trip starts September 30-Oct 4, it will work. But if you're going, say...October 1-5, it will not. Sorry for the confusion :(

When I put in my dates (12/31/13-1/5/14), I get an offer for 2 days free when I buy a 3-day base ticket. :confused3

I am the OP and just wanted to share my experience.

I had purchased these tickets through Orbitz and Ebates for my husband's ticket months before our trip. I had flown in earlier than him and he was supposed to meet us in Florida 5 days later. Well at the last minute, my husband decided to surprise us and fly down earlier. However, his Orbitz voucher was for a different date than when he attempted to use it. Unfortunately, the cast member at the ticket window could not help us because my husband was not in the system yet. And he would not be in the system until the actual voucher date. I called Orbitz to try and fix everything but they couldn't because it was Saturday and their contact office was closed. The representative informed me that they could help us on that Monday. But we were literally waiting at the Magic Kingdom ticket window and that would not work. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was extremely nice. She offered to refund the entire amount and void the voucher. I accepted and received a full refund for the tickets.

So I just wanted everyone to know that those dates are important. Make sure you know your exact dates or else you could be sol at the ticket window.

But I would definitely do this again. The deal is awesome and Orbitz customer service is amazing!

Thanks for the update, definitely gives me some comfort to know a refund is possible if it came down to it.

I am the OP and just wanted to share my experience.

I had purchased these tickets through Orbitz and Ebates for my husband's ticket months before our trip. I had flown in earlier than him and he was supposed to meet us in Florida 5 days later. Well at the last minute, my husband decided to surprise us and fly down earlier. However, his Orbitz voucher was for a different date than when he attempted to use it. Unfortunately, the cast member at the ticket window could not help us because my husband was not in the system yet. And he would not be in the system until the actual voucher date. I called Orbitz to try and fix everything but they couldn't because it was Saturday and their contact office was closed. The representative informed me that they could help us on that Monday. But we were literally waiting at the Magic Kingdom ticket window and that would not work. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was extremely nice. She offered to refund the entire amount and void the voucher. I accepted and received a full refund for the tickets.

So I just wanted everyone to know that those dates are important. Make sure you know your exact dates or else you could be sol at the ticket window.

But I would definitely do this again. The deal is awesome and Orbitz customer service is amazing!

You just need to pick up the tix, not use, by the correct dates, right? I picked the whole month of October. We will be there oct 16-26 but have annual passes. Plan is to pick them up while we are there and use them sometime in the future. I know disney tix do not expire if unused but just want to be sure these aren't somehow special or different.

:love:
Just sending out some love to OP since this will save me $125 on my AP this October! Thanks so much!!!! :cheer2:

Tege said:
:love:
Just sending out some love to OP since this will save me $125 on my AP this October! Thanks so much!!!! :cheer2:

OK, I have to ask.....how does this deal save you $125 on an AP? Thanks.

We will be going September 11-16. We have APs, but can we get a 5 or 6 day ticket voucher from Orbitz to be picked up and not activated or used until next May.

Will the ticket still be good?

How do you actually find this deal? You go to the e b a t e s website and then where do you find the orbitz ticket deal. I went to e b a t e s and signed in and have found some orbitz coupons but nothing for Disney tickets.

ANy specifics?

How do you actually find this deal? You go to the e b a t e s website and then where do you find the orbitz ticket deal. I went to e b a t e s and signed in and have found some orbitz coupons but nothing for Disney tickets.

ANy specifics?

ETA: I found the buy 3 get 2 free deal on Orbitz. I just can't find out how to go through ebates to find the deal

ETA: I found the buy 3 get 2 free deal on Orbitz. I just can't find out how to go through ebates to find the deal

Ebates,com
Scroll down to Orbitz.
Under Orbitz click see all coupons
You will see "10% activities"

at the bottom it will say "shop now"

Click "activities"

Type "Disneyworld" in the Where box and then type in your dates.

Disney tickets will pop up.

Ebates,com
Scroll down to Orbitz.
Under Orbitz click see all coupons
You will see "10% activities"

at the bottom it will say "shop now"

Click "activities"

Type "Disneyworld" in the Where box and then type in your dates.

Disney tickets will pop up.

Thanks. Things didn't come up for me exactly like that but I was able to find it.

OK, I have to ask.....how does this deal save you $125 on an AP? Thanks.

Actually, I made an Oops and was coming to fix it. I will save $90 off of an AP. I will buy a 3+2 pass at Orbitz through ebates (and get Starwood points as well)
Then, once I get to the park I will use one day of the pass to do any bridging needed and then upgrade using my WDW giftcards purchased at Target with Red Card and Pharmacy Rewards. So, all in all counting ebates and Target discount I will save $90 out of pocket for the AP. The Starwoods points will be a little extra bonus.

:eek: All the math last night gave me a headache!!:rotfl:

Tege said:
Actually, I made an Oops and was coming to fix it. I will save $90 off of an AP. I will buy a 3+2 pass at Orbitz through ebates (and get Starwood points as well)
Then, once I get to the park I will use one day of the pass to do any bridging needed and then upgrade using my WDW giftcards purchased at Target with Red Card and Pharmacy Rewards. So, all in all counting ebates and Target discount I will save $90 out of pocket for the AP. The Starwoods points will be a little extra bonus.

We are just alike! That is exactly what I'm doing!

For those of us who are too mentally exhausted to do the math, would you mind sharing your numbers?

I have can get the discounted Disney g.c.'s at Target and I have an ebates account so I am very curious!

For those of us who are too mentally exhausted to do the math, would you mind sharing your numbers?

I have can get the discounted Disney g.c.'s at Target and I have an ebates account so I am very curious!

Ok, here is my math. If anyone sees anything wrong with my numbers PLEASE chime in. I want to try to save as much as possible.

Annual Pass $648.59
WDW 5 Day with Hopper $370.62
Orbitz 3+2 ticket with hopper $341.87

Up grade cost difference is $277.97
($648.59-$370.62)
Pay $277.97 with Target Gift Cards (save 9.75% using Red Card and Pharmacy Discount)

Difference between WDW ticket and Orbitz $28.75
Orbitz 10% cash back $34.19
Target gift card savings $27.10

Total Savings of $90.04

I have been thinking about this since yesterday when I found this thread telling about this deal.

You can get the buy 3 get 2 free which only really saves you around $27 per ticket. Not a huge savings. But the 10% cash back is what made it attractive for me.

What is holding me back is the restrictions on this ticket. You have to pick your dates, and it can only be a 30 day time span, and you have to use the tickets within those dates. Once you buy there is no canceling or refunds.

So if something came up and you couldn't make your trip you just lost $600 worth of restricted tickets.

That is what has me leaning towards just buying directly through Disney just in case something came up and we had to postpone our trip we would still have valid tickets paid for that can be used at a later date.

If there wasn't a date restriction on this deal I would be all over it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter