• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good deal on Disney tickets through Orbitz

I don't know why it wouldnt be the 9%. When I went through the booking(short clicking submit), it said the total amount due was the total amount. I was doing the room and the tix and it was charging me the full total.
I wonder if by booking them together I would get the 10.5% and the what I think would be the 9% for the hotel, or to be safe should I do them seperate?

Also, does anyone know if we can add the dining plan to this reservation of we do hotel and tix?

I was answering the PP, who was referring to using a coupon.

Oh so what your saying is by using the spring20 code, it would qualify as a coupon therefore only getting 2%cash back....got it :)

Going just off what it says, that is my best guess. I can't speak for sure though since I have never used Orbitz at all, let alone through Ebates. I guess you might get lucky and get the 9% but they'd be justified in giving just the 2% when you use the code. It seems like the code's discount would outweigh the cash back discount.

I was just curious if anyone who has made the ebates/orbitz purchase has seen the cash back show up in "cash pending" status on their ebates account yet.

I was thinking that because this is an activity purchase not a hotel reservation through orbitz that we would not have to wait until after the trip to see the cash back in the account.

I was just curious if anyone who has made the ebates/orbitz purchase has seen the cash back show up in "cash pending" status on their ebates account yet.

I was thinking that because this is an activity purchase not a hotel reservation through orbitz that we would not have to wait until after the trip to see the cash back in the account.

Cash back is almost never immediately posted. Even if I buy something online, it takes 2-3 days (sometimes more) before the cash back posts. So it is entirely likely that no one has and no one will see the cash back for at least a couple of days. When buying something online, cash back typically posts once the item has shipped. No telling what the standard amount of time is for something like this. Ebates is a very reputable company, though, so I don't think there is any big risk of you never seeing your cash back...it is just when it will post.

Good news. I signed up for ebates and purchased Disney tickets late Saturday eve. Just checked ebates and I have $132.75 pending as well as approval for a $10 Walmart card for signing up. I had received an email from my credit card company within 1minute of purchasing to let me know a charge had been made. Thanks for the fantastic tip.

Good news. I signed up for ebates and purchased Disney tickets late Saturday eve. Just checked ebates and I have $132.75 pending as well as approval for a $10 Walmart card for signing up. I had received an email from my credit card company within 1minute of purchasing to let me know a charge had been made. Thanks for the fantastic tip.

That's awesome!!!! Thanks for letting us know....I purchased my tickets earlier today and Ebates sent me a "tracking number" for the activity. Hopefully by the end of the week I will see my exact amount pending too - so excited :cool1: Is your amount 10.5%?

Thanks to OP for the tip and everyone else who has helped us Ebates newbies along the way :dance3:

That's awesome!!!! Thanks for letting us know....I purchased my tickets earlier today and Ebates sent me a "tracking number" for the activity. Hopefully by the end of the week I will see my exact amount pending too - so excited :cool1: Is your amount 10.5%?

Thanks to OP for the tip and everyone else who has helped us Ebates newbies along the way :dance3:
yes received 10.5%. 3 adults and 2 children.

FYI-Just checked my Facebook and Ebates had a post that says:Our Getaway Week sale is only live for a few more hours. Be sure to take advantage of Double Cash Back at Groupon, eBags, Living Social, Hotels.com, Lands' End, and more! It said Orbitz was normally 5.25%.
Looking further on their Facebook site looks like it started Feb 19th.

Just ordered ours for August. Between rumors or price increases an wanting to pay for the trip in advance it made sense. Hopefully the ebates will post (it sounds like people are having luck so far:thumbsup2) and even without the ebates it's still the best price I had seen. We'll see what happens with FP+, but we are traveling with a 2-year old and crowds are estimated to be not so bad, so I'm not overly concerned.

FYI-Just checked my Facebook and Ebates had a post that says:Our Getaway Week sale is only live for a few more hours. Be sure to take advantage of Double Cash Back at Groupon, eBags, Living Social, Hotels.com, Lands' End, and more! It said Orbitz was normally 5.25%.
Looking further on their Facebook site looks like it started Feb 19th.

Do you know that time this promotion ends today? I just tried looking for the actual ending time on the FB page as well as ebates home page (as I'm rushing off the computer and can't look into this for another couple of hours) but I can't find it!

After agonizing about how FP+ would work with this and whether I was making a terrible mistake, I bit the bullet and purchased 4 adult and 2 child five day tickets. I got my confirmation/voucher email from Orbitz immediately. Will I get any kind of confirmation from ebates to tell me that it went through, or just in a few days (it sounds like from the few of you posting that your money is pending) I will get a pending cashback e-mail? I've never used ebates before, so now I'm worried I didn't do it right, lol!

I just went ahead and bought. I am going on 3/9 and already have tickets, but if needed I can save those. I am going to see if I can just pick these up and use later, if not I will save the ones I have for later, I just may have too many days on the current ones to use before DD9 turns 10...

After agonizing about how FP+ would work with this and whether I was making a terrible mistake, I bit the bullet and purchased 4 adult and 2 child five day tickets. I got my confirmation/voucher email from Orbitz immediately. Will I get any kind of confirmation from ebates to tell me that it went through, or just in a few days (it sounds like from the few of you posting that your money is pending) I will get a pending cashback e-mail? I've never used ebates before, so now I'm worried I didn't do it right, lol!

As long as you clicked through the Orbitz link off of Ebates, then it will go through. You will receive an email from Ebates once your cash back post to your account.

As much as I'd love to do this, my dh loves using FP and he's afraid these tickets won't work with the new system. I wish there was a way to know when FP+ would roll out and if tickets like this would work. It's killing me not to be able to take advantage of this deal!

I am sooo tempted by this deal! I went as far as completing all the purchase info but I couldn't click on the final purchase button. Our trip is in December, and I'm leary of getting a voucher with an expiration date. What if we encounter some emergency and have to cancel our trip? I know there is insurance, but I don't want to spend more money to cover the value of these tickets. When I've bought from a third party broker site like Undercover Tourist or Mapleleaf, I received actual hopper tickets that never expire (until I use them -- unless they are the no exp tickets). In fact I still have some old no expiration ones that we paid ~ $40/day. But we don't have enough for our year end trip so I had planned to buy more anyway. Still, the voucher with an expiration date puts me off. I think it may be worth the 10% for the piece of mind of getting actual hopper tickets in my hands.

The deal is over now for the 10.5%, but I was able to get tickets for us and 2 other families and we all saved a bit extra because of this post. I did get my cash pending email and it was $132.01 plus the tickets were about $25-$30 cheaper than I already intended to spend at Undercover Tourist through the secret link! So, this was a wonderful additional savings to our trip. I'm grateful for the post!

Heather

A huge thank you to the OP! :worship:

I just recieved confirmation from Ebates for my rebate from this offer. $163.66!!!!!! :cool1:

So, factoring in this rebate, we got 5 day MYW + WPF&M tix for 3 adults and 2 kids for $1,394.46

With UT and Mousesavers, I would have paid $1,598.75

I know the 10.5% rebate is over now, but if an offer likes this pops up again and you know your dates of travel, it's a really great deal IMO! :thumbsup2

I didn't realize the 10% cash back was over. I wish I had just bought the tickets last night. Even the 5% cash back isn't a bad deal with the ticket discount.

Thanks OP. I never would have thought to look for any cash back ebates on Disney tickets.

I never thought u could get Disney tickets through cash rebate sites either. This is great! I was bummed I missed the deal...but for others, here are some alternatives.

Undercover Tourist
Cash back rebate on some sites : $2.50 or $5 per purchase.

Priceline
Cashback rebate on TopCashback.com: 5%
They offer discounted tickets on up to 10 day tickets, not as heavily discounted as UT but the rebate actually makes up the difference plus gives me an additional discount.

The Priceline with rebate works the best for me. Plus it looks like I get an emailed voucher that I redeem at the ticket counter. So I can buy the day before. UT needs a few weeks of lead time or else pick up onsite, neither of which works for me this trip.

This ends up being only abt $50-60 more expensive than the Orbitz deal because Orbitz only has 5 day tix on disciunt. Their 10 day tix was regular gate price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter