Good cold dips recipes for bread bowl? not spinach please

This is our FAVE dip and I know it sounds not that great, but you have to trust me and TRY it!

1 block of cream cheese
1 can of crab meat (drained)

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, stir the crab meat in. Warm it up in the microwave. Sometimes it can come out too thick and I just add a bit of coffee cream or milk (not much!).
This is AMAZING with bugles as well.

Again, I know it sounds plain and stuff, but even my extremely picky 12 yr old begs me to make it for her.
I bring it to parties all the time and get begged for the 'recipe'. When I tell them what is in it they look shocked!

What else can you serve it with besides bugles?

This one is more of a spread too, and I dont know if it would work in a bread bowl, but I like to soften some cream cheese and spread it on a plate. Just put some pesto on top and serve with crackers. You could also sprinkle a few sundried tomatoes on top. This is the perfect color for christmas.

Here are two that I love:

One from Alton Brown:

Onion Dip from Scratch
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
In a saute pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions. Refrigerate and stir again before serving.

One from the Barefoor Contessa:

1 medium eggplant
2 red bell peppers, seeded
1 red onion, peeled
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.

Cool slightly.

Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for salt and pepper.

Dill Dip!!!! People rave about the stuff when I serve it or take it somewhere. AND it is so EASY!!!!!!

I tried some dips at Sam's Club last weekend and they had some Bacon Cheddar stuff that was yumm-o!

I am not a big dip-making person. I do make some hummus from scratch, and I make the Lipton envelope onion dip on occasion, but I cannot control myself so it is better I have no dip in the house.

I have looked all over for Beau Monde seasoning,:scared1: but can never find it! :confused3 :headache: :rolleyes: :eek:

The Beau monde seasoning that I use is in a spice islands jar gourmet blends. It is a tall glass jar about 5 inches. I live in Central NY and they sell it at Wegmans good luck finding it. I use this recipe also for dip, I put some corn beef cut up in it also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter