Good Bye Doorway To Dreams Chicago!

azcanbhm2

Earning My Ears
As some of you all know the Doorway to Dreams in Woodfield mall is closing. We were there today and found out that it will close at the end of Sept., and that we will be given a new guide. For all of us that bought our membership this is really sad. If you get the chance, stop in to say good bye and share some memories.

This is sad news. We bought our contract at this location and the cm's are the best i've encountered in a dvc setting. Our guide Bill is excellent. We live in Milwaukee and love to visit on occasion. Thanks to the OP for the news so I can make one more visit before closing.

I am sad it is closing, but they assigned me to a guide there a few years ago that is useless. Look forward to a new guide. No real good memories to go share with anyone there.

Had read previosly this was going to happen. We were just there about 2 months ago. It was a nice way to get a Disney fix.

I am sad to see it go as well. We didn't buy our initial contract there, we bought in while on a WDW vacation, however we did do an add on at SSR last November at the DTD Store. The guide was great and really helped us with our needs. I will be making a point to go and say my good byes before it closes.

Steven was awesome from DTD, my whole family loved that guy. I hope he gets a great job within Disney because that's the type of guy who exudes the Disney difference.

Best thing ever was the Dis meet that was held there.

Not only is the location closing but all the CMs (and guides) are going to be gone. Been talking to my current guide (we bought our BLT and Aulani contracts there) via email about it for a while. A lot of the Cast Members have been there a long itme. My guide was with the Walt Disney Company for 13 years.

I did like going there from time to time. I don't think we would have bought DVC if we couldn't have walked around the model to get a feeling about what the accomodations would be like.

Without the Chicago store, I'm not sure we would have bought DVC.

We bought in 2009, watched the web video. We were 50/50. We decided to make drive to the Doorway store and see the rooms. After that, we liked it enough that we purchased from our Florida guide.

Our guide is out of the Chicago office as well. We had Laurie and never had anything but a pleasant experience with her.

And especially our guide, Diane C., who we enjoyed so very much.

Went by the store yesterday and I told DH I couldn't go in. Everyone looked so sad. He spoke to a couple CMs and asked how many members purchased their first contract through the store. They said they didn't know! :sad2:

I was so looking forward to going down to Chicago and visiting DTD. We bought our contract in flordia but were happy to see they did the parties and meets in Chicago. Now we will have to plan a trip to WDW every year we want to get the ornament. :(

That is sad to hear! We never had a guide from there, since we only added on, but their events were great (and I'm sure sold a lot!). The events gradually cheapened, and then disappeared.

I still recall having a sampler of the food at Saanaa well before it opened!

I am sad to hear this too. We stopped there shortly after it opened on a drive back to Minnesota. I was really sick, but i was determined to get a little Disney fix, so we toured the model. I also got a pin that I keep with all my other Disney pins.

i hope I can get my yearly ornament through the mail then, cause I pay alot of dues to get that inexpensive piece of metal lol

And especially our guide, Diane C., who we enjoyed so very much.

Diane C. is our guide, too, and I liked her SO much more than our previous guide in FL. I also loved getting a fix and looking at the models when we were NOT in the world, thinking about how this is taking time away from our vacation. I understand why it's happening, but I'm still sad, and wish it could be different.

I received this last week:

As part of our cherished community of Members in Chicagoland, your Disney Vacation Clubfamily would like to share with you the news that our Disney Doorway to Dreams store in Schaumburg will close on Sept. 14, 2012.

The decision not to renew the store's lease was part of our regular course of evaluating and adjusting our offerings.

Members continue to be welcome at Disney Vacation Club Preview Centers in Florida, California, Hawai'i and Japan. Those Members who currently have a Chicago-based Vacation Club Guide will receive more information soon.

All of us at Disney Vacation Clubthank you for being part of our Member family, and we look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon.

MrShiny said:
I received this last week:

As part of our cherished community of Members in Chicagoland, your Disney Vacation Clubfamily would like to share with you the news that our Disney Doorway to Dreams store in Schaumburg will close on Sept. 14, 2012.

The decision not to renew the store's lease was part of our regular course of evaluating and adjusting our offerings.

Members continue to be welcome at Disney Vacation Club Preview Centers in Florida, California, Hawai'i and Japan. Those Members who currently have a Chicago-based Vacation Club Guide will receive more information soon.

All of us at Disney Vacation Clubthank you for being part of our Member family, and we look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon.

did you get this in the mail or an email?
our guide, derek, is out of chicago and we honestly probably wouldn't have purchased our contracts with out him.
i am sad to see him go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter