Good Books???

*DisMom*

Mouseketeer
alright, i need some suggestions for some good readings for upcoming vacations. we have a long car ride to disney, plus a week at the beach in a couple weeks. i have read the twilight series (several times..ha!ha!). i just finished something borrowed and something blue by emily giffin...loved them both! i love nicholas sparks...read a few of his...anyways, if you have any suggestions, please let share them with me!!!! thank you so much for any help!!! i am in desperate need for some new and good books!

Try the Janet Evanovish "Plum" series (One for the MOney) there is a series of 14 books based on a bounty hunter in Trenton NJ. They are laugh out loud types of books. Fun and easy read.

The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle

and thought it was very good. Not really light reading, and a bit disturbing at times, but a good, thought provoking read. (and I'm very picky...)

Working my way through Twilight series now.. just finished 2nd book.:goodvibes

I love James Patterson books- especially the Alex Cross series and the Women's Murder Club.
Also recently discovered Jodi Picoult- loved Plain Truth.
I am also a fan of The Other Boleyn Girl and many other books about Henry VIII and his many wives.
Have fun- reading on vacation is so much fun!

The "Left Behind" series by Tim LaHaye are excellent.......I LOVE books by Diane Mott Davidson...they are "culinary" mysteries. Very good reads and have recipes in them that are amazing. Also anothe "culinary" mystery series is by Joanne Fluke. Also includes recipes. You may enjoy them. They are not gory but are just suspensful enough to keep you reading. Hope you have a great vacation.....(wish I could read while riding in a car....I get soooo car sick!!!)

If you like Nicholas Sparks, try The Wedding. I love that book. AND, it isn't like all the others - noone dies at the end! (I'm not giving away anything). Still a cryer, but I love it.

I liked all of the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella. I also enjoy Debbie Macomber's books- just nice books that don't require any thinking. I just finished the Twilight series tonight! Have a great vacation!

I second the Shopaholic series, hysterical, especially if you can relate:rolleyes1

I also love Jennifer Weiner, she wrote Good in Bed, In her Shoes, and a bunch of others that I can't remember the name of. Chick lit, nothing heavy.

Emily Giffin has some others too that are pretty good. I recently read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Wells and that was good too.

One of my favorite authors is Mary Kay Andrews. She is from Georgia & her books/characters are based in the south. Hissy Fit, Little Bitty Lies, Savannah Blues & Savannah Breeze are great! They are girly, semi-mystery, comedic stories. Each book also has a recipe for a dish mentioned in the novel at the end of the book. They are all great beach reads! Another goodie is Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen. The Nanny Diaries is also a great read if you haven't checked it out already...much better than the movie of course!

I love James Patterson books- especially the Alex Cross series and the Women's Murder Club.
Also recently discovered Jodi Picoult- loved Plain Truth.
I am also a fan of The Other Boleyn Girl and many other books about Henry VIII and his many wives.
Have fun- reading on vacation is so much fun!

The Other Boleyn Girl was a great book, pretty sexy too for that era:laughing: ...Phillipa Gregory...Ive read a bunch of her other books based on the tudors....all fantastic so far!

i was going to suggest the Shopaholic series as well --- i LOVED them ---

i also really really enjoyed the 3 book series by Jen Lancaster --- she is hysterical and i really liked her writing style --- Bitter is the New Black, Such a Pretty Fat and the 3rd book slips my mind, but if you google her name you will find them...

i am reading a book by Laurie Notaro right now (it was free on my Kindle) and it is also a great read...her writing reminds me of Jen Lancaster's --- the book is The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death...

My favorite subject (besides Disney of course) READING:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Here are some of my all time favorites

The Stand by Stephen King (super long but such an amazing story)

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

Woman Of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford; there are 4 other books in this series

I also enjoyed the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella

I wish I had a long car trip coming up so I could read:banana: :banana: :banana:

If you like romance, light reading, I'd recommend Julia Quinn, either The Duke and I or How to Marry a Marquis.

I love the book series by Deanna Raybourn. She is a fairly new author and sometimes I can't find her in Barnes and Noble, but I did find her books on Amazon.

She rights a series of books, the "Silent" series. Book 1, "Silent in the Grave", Book 2, "Silent in the Sanctuary" and Book 3, (recently published) "Silent on the Moors". The series is set in Victorian England and is about a rich widow and a private investigator. The chemistry between the characters just jumps off the page.

This is my favorite series of books followed closely by Harry Potter and Twilight and I highly recommend picking them up. I think you could find the first two in paperback at Walmart too.

If you liked the Twilight series- try the Southern Vampire books I think the first one is called Dead Until Dark. They are the books that the HBO show True Blood is based on. They are much more "grown up" ;) than the Twilight books- so beware!

thank you all so much for the suggestions...i am making a list right now, but feel free to keep the suggestions coming!!!

If you like mysteries, Wendi Corsi Staub is really good! Great beach reading. She's one of my favorites.

I LOVE :lovestruc the Twilight series. You won't want to put it down, as I read all 4 books in a week. About 6 of us at work have read them all, and all agree they are great. We range in age from 26-52, so don't feel that they are untouchable, you won't be sorry!!! :cloud9:

alright, i need some suggestions for some good readings for upcoming vacations. we have a long car ride to disney, plus a week at the beach in a couple weeks. i have read the twilight series (several times..ha!ha!). i just finished something borrowed and something blue by emily giffin...loved them both! i love nicholas sparks...read a few of his...anyways, if you have any suggestions, please let share them with me!!!! thank you so much for any help!!! i am in desperate need for some new and good books!

I just re-read your post and I don't know why I didn't realize that you've already read Twilight. I too have read them all more than once. Sorry I can't offer any new suggestions, although Revolutionary Road is quite popular... I don't know anything about it personally though, I've still got Twilightitis.

If you like Twilight there are some other vampire series - the Laurel K. Hamilton is ok for the first two or three books (then gets bad). MaryJanice Davidson and her "Undead and Unwed" books are funny in concept (similarly, they get worse over time), same thing with the Charlene Harris books (which are the best written of them, IMO).

I love to take Carl Hiaasen to Florida with me. Try Skinny Dip as a first book if you haven't read him before.

I'm rereading the Anne of Green Gables books - as I do every couple of years, because I find them charming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter