Good books ro read to DS's 2nd grade class?

suzct

<font color=darkgreen>Obviously,I need simple inst
I am the Mystery Reader on Friday for my son's 2nd grade class. Can anyone recommend a good book ot 2 to read to the class? I guess something seasonal or funny that would engage the class?
Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks!!
Suzanne

Halloween Books:
"The Hallo-weiner" by Dav Pilkey
"Space Case" by Edward Marshall
"Ghosts in the House" by Kazuno Kahara
"Five Little Pumpkins" by Dan Yaccarino
"Humbug Witch" by Lorna Balian
"10 Trick-or-Treaters" by Janet Schulman
"Shake Dem Halloween Bones" by W. Nikola-Lisa, Mike Reed

Regular Books:
"Madison and the Amazing Car" by Lisa Laliberte
"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst
"Andy and the Lion" by James Daugherty
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?" by Bill Martin Jr.
"Click, Clack, MOO: Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin
"Dinosaur ROAR!" by Paul Stickland, Henrietta Stickland
"Froggy Gets Dressed" by Jonathan London

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Poems from "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. So funny-- and the whole class will be cracking up! I still remember my 2nd grade teacher reading them to me!

I always loved "Giraffes Can't Dance" by Giles Andreae for read alouds. The text is rhyming and it's easy to use a lot of expression while reading it. The illustrations are great too. And I think it also has a nice message.

I love Riki Tiki Tembo!! I also like The Napping House. Another good one - for Thanksgiving if you'll be reading again - is Thank You Sarah.

Anything by Robert Munsch is great. (Except for I'll Love Your Forever.) His books are hilarious and the kids love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter