Good/Bad Rooms at BCV

DVCSunDevil

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have experience with any good or bad rooms at BCV? We have a trip planned for Easter week and I am hoping to get room numbers for rooms that have good views or that have something else positive about them. Likewise, I was hoping to get room numbers for rooms with bad views or that have something negative about them. This info would help when we check in.

Thanks in advance!

Any room that faces the road is a bad room IMO. However, those rooms had a good view of Illuminations when that was going on-if you don't mind the noise of buses while you listen to the music. My favorite ones were the "woods view", towards the elevators-good view of Epcot WS and fireworks at night, without the road noise.

Any room that faces the road is a bad room IMO. However, those rooms had a good view of Illuminations when that was going on-if you don't mind the noise of buses while you listen to the music. My favorite ones were the "woods view", towards the elevators-good view of Epcot WS and fireworks at night, without the road noise.
Awesome...good to know! Thank you so much. I will definitely try to ask for the "woods view". Is that normally something you request at check in, or do you request that in advance?

We had our first stay at BCV this past Oct, 2020. Stayed in room 472. 1 bedroom. Beautiful view of the quiet pool back there, and that side of the resort, and nice sunset .Very, very close to our car in the parking lot.....But, amost the end of the hallway, and for me, FAR from SAB, and a longer walk to everything. Still loved it. We own at BWV, and are used to the long hallways there, and almost always choose to walk to HS and Epcot, so we are used to the walking. But I'd heard so much about BCV being closer to Epcot, and a smaller resort with shorter walks, and I found it funny that was seemed to walk just as much there. Didn't detract though from the resort. Really enjoyed it ,and our view was wonderful ,but not the closest to SAB.

Awesome...good to know! Thank you so much. I will definitely try to ask for the "woods view". Is that normally something you request at check in, or do you request that in advance?

I request it in advance. The pool view is very nice also. Occasionally the room assigner gets confused when I request woods view, because technically some of the villas that face the road are kind of "woods view". However, asking for WS also and near elevator would help-I haven't thought to ask for those. At least the pool view is definitely quieter, and sometimes you're in an area where you can hear the water from the fountain in the creek behind the quiet pool, which is so restful.

I request it in advance. The pool view is very nice also. Occasionally the room assigner gets confused when I request woods view, because technically some of the villas that face the road are kind of "woods view". However, asking for WS also and near elevator would help-I haven't thought to ask for those. At least the pool view is definitely quieter, and sometimes you're in an area where you can hear the water from the fountain in the creek behind the quiet pool, which is so restful.
Good to know. Thank you for sharing. This will definitely help :)

We had our first stay at BCV this past Oct, 2020. Stayed in room 472. 1 bedroom. Beautiful view of the quiet pool back there, and that side of the resort, and nice sunset .Very, very close to our car in the parking lot.....But, amost the end of the hallway, and for me, FAR from SAB, and a longer walk to everything. Still loved it. We own at BWV, and are used to the long hallways there, and almost always choose to walk to HS and Epcot, so we are used to the walking. But I'd heard so much about BCV being closer to Epcot, and a smaller resort with shorter walks, and I found it funny that was seemed to walk just as much there. Didn't detract though from the resort. Really enjoyed it ,and our view was wonderful ,but not the closest to SAB.
Great...thank you! We are staying in a studio this visit. But the feedback is definitely helpful.

One last question...how do you go about making the request? Do you call member services? I accessed my reservation via my DVC account and can't find anywhere to make reservation requests. I went into the MDE and can't find anyplace there, either. The MDE does give the option to request "Near Elevator", but that is it.

I may try to put in some requests this way. I usually call MS, but this seems easier. How many requests can one add to a reservation?
Not sure, but I heard on other threads that the response time on some emails has taken a loooooong time. As in, at least a week. So as long as the email is sent early enough you should be OK. I just emailed MS tonight with my request. Although, I may still call tomorrow anyway because if MS has a question or is confused with my request I don't know if they would respond to clarify.

Does anyone have experience with any good or bad rooms at BCV? We have a trip planned for Easter week and I am hoping to get room numbers for rooms that have good views or that have something else positive about them. Likewise, I was hoping to get room numbers for rooms with bad views or that have something negative about them. This info would help when we check in.

Thanks in advance!

Room 455 was quite nice. Near the laundry, away from elevators, close to the ice machine and an extra large balcony. The view was nothing spectacular though.

We just checked out of 276, which is a studio. The view was fine, it overlooked a canal and the quiet pool. We were all the way at the end of the hall, which is awesome for using the staircase. From there you have easy access to your car, the busses, and a semi-hidden sidewalk that takes you on a shortcut to the main walkway leading to Epcot. All of this would have been great except I had to use an ECV, so we had to trek all the way to the elevators and back, and it was quite a long way. I had requested first floor near the lobby, and I got almost the opposite of my request. But the room was ready early in the day, so I can’t complain.

I may try to put in some requests this way. I usually call MS, but this seems easier. How many requests can one add to a reservation?
If you have multiple requests, it’s best to state clearly what the priorities are. That’s another reason I like to email or chat when submitting requests - I can specify what’s most important. And obviously, the more requests you submit, the less likely you are to be granted all of your wishes!

We just checked out of 276, which is a studio. The view was fine, it overlooked a canal and the quiet pool. We were all the way at the end of the hall, which is awesome for using the staircase. From there you have easy access to your car, the busses, and a semi-hidden sidewalk that takes you on a shortcut to the main walkway leading to Epcot. All of this would have been great except I had to use an ECV, so we had to trek all the way to the elevators and back, and it was quite a long way. I had requested first floor near the lobby, and I got almost the opposite of my request. But the room was ready early in the day, so I can’t complain.
Good to know. Thank you for sharing! Is there a way to bookmark a thread for future reference?

Aha...thank you for sharing! I learn something new every day :)

There's also the "watch" thread option, but that is more for active threads when you're looking for replies. That option gives you a notification any time someone posts.

You can find your watched threads when you're in the Forum tab at the top of the page, then there's a Watched tab in the row right under that.

I guess it depends what you like.... Pool view, illuminations view, woods view or BC view. I used to try to illuminations view when the kids were young. Now they are adults and I like the pool view. We can see when the pool is empty and scoot down there. We had a great dedicated 2 bedroom with a large balcony where the building bent. Room 343.557276

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter