Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

I wish I did some research before buying some pins on ebay. We have lots of relatives in Southern CA so we've been to DL & CA many times. We're totally new to pin trading tho. I bought 4 lots of 25 pins from 2 sellers for $48. One of the sellers sent pins with rough edges & light weight. My kids were so happy & excited so I kept them. I gave this person a positive feedback but mentioned the rough edges & light weight. Basically, I got what I paid for since they were so cheap. :confused3 The other seller sent some decent pins. On that feedback I said, the pins were probably fine for trading but NOT for serious collectors. Both sellers left the same feedback on me: "Hope to deal with you again. Thank you." I've been bidding on some 25 pins lots from other sellers for my niece & nephew. A couple of them have BLOCKED me from bidding on their auctions. :confused: I thought it was a glitch, so I sent a message to one of them. I got a rude response about how they don't want my business because of the feedback I left. :sad2: I looked at the feedbacks that the sellers left. I think when they leave "Hope to deal with you again. Thank you.", it's their code to block the buyer. :confused: Has anybody else got this feedback and has been blocked from bidding? :confused:

Anyway, I bought some pins from gitanoman. They were more expensive but they have smooth edges and heavier. I'm waiting on an order from themuchnessofdisney also. :banana:

Since I bought 2 lots each from the 2 scrapper sellers, I could still leave both of them negative feedbacks. I don't want to get negative feedback from them tho. I've had 100% positive feedbacks since 2007.

Don't fear negative feedback. Sellers do not have the ability to leave feedback for buyers. eBay took away that ability a few years ago to prevent retaliatory feedback. As a seller it sort of sucks because you can't warn people about non-paying bidders, or people who try to scam you with partial refunds, which eBay is about to mandatorily introduce.

You can get blocked. I know for a fact that a lot of those sellers ban together. Some are too competitive to communicate, but others will not only block you, but they will tell others to block you in the forums on ebay since they are allowed to post about their experiences with buyers and they aren't always truthful. Even if they don't mention your name, other sellers use advanced search to figure out who is being talked about. Also, other sellers who read the posts may block you out of principal. eBay has made things very anti-seller and some sellers just auto-block to protect themselves. I only recently learned about all of this, but as a buyer, you have nothing to fear but blocking. And, if they don't want your money, you can probably find an HONEST seller who does.

lisacaterra good pins. Not cheapest prices, but hard to find stuff, brand new, and cheaper than other sellers.

oldmooma Lots of info. Depends on what you are buying. Individual pins over priced in some cases, reasonable in others. I was happy with some of my individual pin purchases but not others. Use your judgement. Claims to be on original cards but they aren't always. Sometimes they are just thrown on some random card and sold as new. Example, I got a two pin set that had Stitch and Ferb... Obviously not new on card. This was part of a new on card lot. Pin lots, same story. Good prices, legit pins, but lots of duplicates, and be careful of fine print. It states new in auction title and item specifics, but details will tell you that you will receive booster packs (new) 1 & 2 pin cards (new) and some "new but traded for" pins. I ordered a couple times because was happy with first shipment. GREAT prices and nice variety and if you don't care about damaged cards because you just want to trade with cast members a good purchase. Not happy with second. Second purchase had tons of duplicates, Hidden Mickey Mystery Pouch pins put on cards as "new on card" and received a loose ziploc bag with some of the "new but traded for pins" being damaged and scrappers. They weren't wrapped well. They were all just thrown in a ziploc bag rubbing against each other. Shipping overpriced as well. Especially since no care is taken in packaging. The only pins I can recommend with good faith are the Booster packs and vinylmation packs. Brand new, unopened and cheaper than park. You will get duplicates if you buy more than one. She buys a lot of clearance pins to sell in those lots. No problem with that, except she is mixing in phoney pins with those lots. MOST are good, but not all. She may not know they are scrappers. But, in my last batch of 50 I got 10 scrappers and a bunch on wrong cards. Sort of seemed like false advertising.

He's in the green but I have had great experiences with totaljohn for years on individual pins! Good, hard to find stuff and reasonable prices. Always keeps in contact with you so you know what is going on.

From the orange koolstuff2005 Purchased a bunch of loose pins. All were legit, but not the pins in the photos. One pin was horribly damaged, and it was not a stock photo. Another pin claimed to be a new Disneyshopping pin on card. It was a Disney Shopping pin placed on a broken LE card that had nothing to do with Disneyshopping. Third pin was also not stock photo and terribly damaged, so I don't know where their photos are coming from. One pin I think is a scrapper. Need to meet with a friend to verify. Rest of pins were great, and there were quite a few of them. I got some great old stuff to finish off collection. You have to watch for their sales.

Great experience with disneypalace, gyantzpod and beekerlg every time I use them... some for a few years.

domdisneypin sent me some really great individual pins. Only one wasn't in the condition I hoped. But, all the rest were. Packaging was a little unusual, but all arrived safely.

LOVE disneydreamer531. Bought a lot of loose pins to complete collections at great prices. They were either new or like new.

disneypinpros low price scrapper pin with overpriced shipping.

I will be avoiding dknoxinbox. They sell tons of pins. I bought 4 hidden mickey/cast lanyard pins. All four were scrappers. I very politely informed them. One was horribly cut and had rough edges and pieces that were supposed to be cut out weren't. Two had terrible divits. One was completely misspelled on the front of the pin. They said they try to catch scrappers but they sell so many sometimes they slip by. I try to give benefit of doubt, but all four pins in one shipment? Only refunded me for pin that was misspelled. I purchased it for a friend as I already had it and he wanted it. I have the legit pin. VERY obvious difference.

sansshot2000 great old pin at great price.

themeparkconnection Beautiful OLD pin, great price.

msasvcs same as above

givemedisney a little expensive, but it was my own bid, so can't blame them. GORGEOUS brand new LE pin hard to get.

boomerbilia a few individual pins to top off series I have. Varied prices. Great stuff.

treasuresforfamily 2 Disney Auction P.I.N.S. which were great!

Well, that's it for me for the last month. I bought a bunch of stuff last night and I will report back when I get them. I have bought a lot of scrappers from others already listed in red or orange, but it will take forever to go through my eBay history to find them. Since they are already on the list, I figure people know to avoid them.

Have fun trading. I'm off to look up cruise info for our first one!

OK so I haven't bought pins in years since my collection is ridiculous at this point :lmao: but I am looking to buy some for a friend of mine that is coming with us on our trip in Oct.

I am looking at the seller "castlepins4u" and I am a little concerned. I didn't see him/her on any list and their listings seem to be legit except for the line "might get duplicates" which is always a red flag to me.

He/she also says that all pins are on original cards or in original packaging which is a good sign. I'm conflicted here. They have relatively little feedback but it's all positive. Listing a few "pin lot" auctions but not hundreds. So...I may take a chance and see what they have as I will have them delivered to me for my inspection before giving them to our travel companion :lmao: What do you think?

Okay, here goes my feedback on ebay Disney pin sellers I've dealt with:

disneyfamily801: obvious fakes - rough edges, light weight, & misspelled words like "litte mermaid palace" :mad:

irpliquidators: some obvious fakes like above but had some decent pins also. I'm not sure if they are just better quality fakes or the real deal. :confused3

domimgood: The RUDEST, NASTIEST person I've ever dealt with on eBay. I sent them a polite email asking if there's a glitch because I could not bid on their auctions. I mentioned I have 100% positive feedback since 2007 and a verified Paypal account. :confused: They told me they don't want my business because of the feedback I've left on other sellers. Have fun buying Disney pins at full price at the parks, etc. :confused3 What a LOSER!! :sad2:

423disneypinfreak: I had been bidding on their auctions, but they blocked me after I got the rude email from domimgood. :confused3 Oh well. They just lost a good customer.

My GUESS is the sellers of fake pins communicate with each other about who might know & mention some signs of counterfeit pins.

I'll keep the obvious fake pins on our pin board at home since my kids like them. I'll throw them out when my kids are not paying attention or lose interest. :rolleyes1 I bought some authentic pins from gitanoman, themuchnessofdisney, & rmgerace that we might trade at DL & CA next month.

Has anyone bought from gomf03 yet?

I had a seller block me once, I asked how his sick family member was doing because all of his auctions said "I'm selling this collection for a sick family member" but it said that for years, I know people can be sick for that long so I asked because I was genuinely concerned. It seemed that past pins I'd purchased from him were fine so I was all ready to bid on more. Well, he responded calling me all kinds of nasty names! It was totally uncalled for, he used profanities, called me names and told me he was going to block me. He's no longer sellling on eBay. lol I did report his message to me to eBay as well.

I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts yet to use that function. So, I will post some of my experiences here, and when I have enough posts, I will send you that PM. If any of the posts I list break policy, feel free to remove them. I am just going to post by personal experience. I will try to use the search function before I post of a specific seller. I have bought hundreds of pins the last few months and have a lot of people to comment on, but they may already be here.

If you post about your own personal experiences then you're fine. I got your PM, thank you :)

OK so I haven't bought pins in years since my collection is ridiculous at this point :lmao: but I am looking to buy some for a friend of mine that is coming with us on our trip in Oct.

I am looking at the seller "castlepins4u" and I am a little concerned. I didn't see him/her on any list and their listings seem to be legit except for the line "might get duplicates" which is always a red flag to me.

He/she also says that all pins are on original cards or in original packaging which is a good sign. I'm conflicted here. They have relatively little feedback but it's all positive. Listing a few "pin lot" auctions but not hundreds. So...I may take a chance and see what they have as I will have them delivered to me for my inspection before giving them to our travel companion :lmao: What do you think?

I read his auction saying if you buy multiple lots you might get duplicates. I think he is worth checking out!

I will agree with disneyfamily801 being horrible. Please get them on the red list. I bought from them awhile ago. And it was the worst pins I have ever seen. Paint falling off, rough edges, light weight, color missing. I just coudnt believe that they had any positive feedback at all.

Okay, here goes my feedback on ebay Disney pin sellers I've dealt with:

disneyfamily801: obvious fakes - rough edges, light weight, & misspelled words like "litte mermaid palace" :mad:

irpliquidators: some obvious fakes like above but had some decent pins also. I'm not sure if they are just better quality fakes or the real deal. :confused3

domimgood: The RUDEST, NASTIEST person I've ever dealt with on eBay. I sent them a polite email asking if there's a glitch because I could not bid on their auctions. I mentioned I have 100% positive feedback since 2007 and a verified Paypal account. :confused: They told me they don't want my business because of the feedback I've left on other sellers. Have fun buying Disney pins at full price at the parks, etc. :confused3 What a LOSER!! :sad2:

423disneypinfreak: I had been bidding on their auctions, but they blocked me after I got the rude email from domimgood. :confused3 Oh well. They just lost a good customer.

My GUESS is the sellers of fake pins communicate with each other about who might know & mention some signs of counterfeit pins.

I'll keep the obvious fake pins on our pin board at home since my kids like them. I'll throw them out when my kids are not paying attention or lose interest. :rolleyes1 I bought some authentic pins from gitanoman, themuchnessofdisney, & rmgerace that we might trade at DL & CA next month.

Has anyone bought from gomf03 yet?

Thanks for warning on domimgood. I had one of their auctions in my watch list. I think I'll pass. I have a few from gomf03 I am watching.

Just got some pins in the mail yesterday.

totaljohn great pin. Always liked this seller.

thepinconnection 3 pins new on card and are perfect. Paid full price, but they were just released and LE's so I can't complain.

don2680 bought some Booster Packs below sticker cost. I think I got a great deal. They are brand new in package.

gyantzpod another great LE pin that is brand new. Always liked this seller as well, but I only buy if there is something I am specifically looking for.

Still waiting on results from about a dozen more sellers so I will add to this when I get the pins. I ordered from nearly 10 in one day and only got 5 of them in the mail so far, but one is from Hong Kong. The Hong Kong ones were new on card and LE's, not pin lots. I gave them a good looking over before I decided to buy. I think it is someone buying from the park and re-selling. I'll let you know how that one goes because I bought some pins I was in love with! They may be a good source for those hard to find HKDL pins.

I ordered about 75 pins from sleepy, they are going to send them to my hotel for me! I waited a bit too long to buy good traders and only had a limited number, contacted Sleepy and asked if they could send them to my hotel, told them I'd understand if the answer was no, but the answer was yes. I won 23 individual pins and 3 small lots. I have faith they will be 100% but will report back after our trip. :)

I ordered about 75 pins from sleepy, they are going to send them to my hotel for me! I waited a bit too long to buy good traders and only had a limited number, contacted Sleepy and asked if they could send them to my hotel, told them I'd understand if the answer was no, but the answer was yes. I won 23 individual pins and 3 small lots. I have faith they will be 100% but will report back after our trip. :)

Is that Sleepy's Emporium? If so I just bought three.

Today's mail brought three gorgeous Soda Fountain pins at great prices from three different sellers, all still new on card.

pinmagic4u, disneyworldorlando, squasha78

Will post more as they come in.

Is that Sleepy's Emporium? If so I just bought three.

Today's mail brought three gorgeous Soda Fountain pins at great prices from three different sellers, all still new on card.

pinmagic4u, disneyworldorlando, squasha78

Will post more as they come in.

Yes, Sleepy's Emporium

Just want to throw it out there, but if anyone is interested in some Vinylmation Urban #8 Pins (Set of 2 Random Mystery Pins), I got some extra for my birthday and I'm selling them on ebay, right now have 3 boxes up for auction, will have more up depending on interest (otherwise I'll give them to my nieces and nephews :goodvibes). They are still in their original packaging and not opened at all!! Check them out if you'd like under spartankid34...a fellow Diser :thumbsup2

For sale posts are not allow, you might want to edit this before you get in trouble for it.

No problem, I did it purely by accident as well and got points because someone reported it.

We need to add disneytradingpins4u to the list. They admit to selling scrappers.

"50 Disney Trading Pins no duplicates

You will receive the exact 50 pins shown in the picture. All pins are guaranteed to be tradeable with cast members in all Disney Parks. Pins all have the stamped Disney Logo on the back and have the rubber Mickey shaped backing.

I believe in honesty and full disclosure:
These pins are perfect if you want a cheap way to trade with cast members at the parks. As you can see for yourself in the pictures, they are scrapper quality so they probably aren't ones that you want to keep for yourself but Disney policy requires cast members to accept them in trade. For those not familiar with Disney pins, scrappers are basically factory seconds. They have some sort of flaw that would not pass quality control such as rough edges, small imperfections in the paint, off coloring, ect.
These are the exact same type and quality of pin that anyone selling a "random lot of pins" that are "authentic" but do not specifically say "not scrapper" in their auction.
These are what I use to trade all the time so I know for 100% certain that there is no way they will deny a trade but I think it is important to be completely clear to avoid problems down the road.

Since you are getting the exact pins shown, they are all packed up and ready to go, most orders paid for before noon Monday-Friday ship the same day, everything else will ship the next business day (unless it happens to fall on my monthly trip to Disneyland when there will be a 1 day delay). Please pay within 5 days - if you win 2 or more and pay for them together you will be upgraded to priority mail for free.

thanks and happy trading :)"

Well, I give them credit for honesty, but eBay's VeRO could really crack down on them for that if they are reported. Not to mention, publically advertising that you take scrappers to the park every month is going to make you a lot of enemies. I won't be buying from them, and the fact that they publicly admit to selling scrappers and trading scrappers to most likely get legit pins to sell off is bull! I know a lot of people are doing it. The cast member lanyards are full of scrappers making it harder to trade but I don't want it thrown in my face.

pixiewings71, thanks for the heads up about Sleepy. I can't tell you how many times I have run out at Disney and felt so disappointed. Now I have a back up just in case.

Have a great trip and let us know how you make out!

I've honestly forgotten about this thread in all of the confusion of my Junior year. So sorry guys. I was reminded when I got 75 scrappers from real.cool.stuff. DON'T BUY!

I'll work on an update soon, but it will definitely take a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter