• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

I have no experience with nanatobean, but I would not buy from them. Looking at the feedback as a buyer, one of the sellers shown, does sell scrappers. I have experience with this seller. Again, it is a stock photo, mentions duplicates, price and the picture shown has pins in small bags. Most of these are the warning signs of scrappers. No returns policy, too.

What is a "Chaser" pin? I just bought a lot from domimgood and I thought I had some fakes cause there is no paint on them. Then I look them up on pinpics and find out that they are called "Chasers" --- are they authentic? Tradeable?

Had very good results so far with this seller. The only pin that was fake was the Mickey whip indiana jones with pluto (the tiny writing was even on this fake - so this fake has been improved). As soon as I pointed it out I was refunded for the pin with out even sending it back. They based the pic they took against pinpics info and said it was only the second time they had ever been tricked. All the other pins were fantastic well priced and authentic.

fortunately I did not spend much. That should have been my tip off I know. But this seller was my first ebay purchase for pins. :eek:

Not only did kateydidit give me all authentic pins she threw in the GWP spinner board I needed for the Pirates GWP set I needed for free.

Got a rare
WHITE RABBIT ALICE POCKETWATCH 60TH EVENT LE Disney PIN on card. Very happy about it.

Another negative review of ebay user: Domimgood - bought a lot of 50... 24 of them are scrappers/fakes... will come back with an update when I get their offer of resolution...

I thought three-kings-trading might sell fakes. I've been following them, as they have pins I am interested in. Some may be real :confused3 or now there are fakes out there of the 2011 HM pins. :sad2:

So I finally got my pins-took a week to get them. I looked each up on Pinpics and from what I can tell I got were scrapper pins. They have defects in the paint and one pin minnie's eyes were not even colored in. Let's not even talk about the rough edges on most of the pins. Anyone else have experience with this ebay seller?

Updated: 06/23/2011 noon
Just got the following response from this ebay seller:

Dear bubsmoljo,

Hi - I am sorry that you were not happy with the pins. We try and include some extras to make up for the occasional scrapper. It would appear that you batch must have contained an unusually high percentage of bad pins. We are refunding your full payment and trust that you will dispose of the scrappers (or cut off the pin portion and use them for decoration). Again sorry for the bad experience you had. Thanks for understanding.

Jeffrey

- jeffreyyoung

dizneymandoug - has anyone had experience buying from him? He has a lot of Disney stuff, not just pins - seems like his pins are on cards and would therefore be legit, but I'm wanting to be careful...... Thanks for any info if anyone has any on him!

I have no experience with nanatobean, but I would not buy from them. Looking at the feedback as a buyer, one of the sellers shown, does sell scrappers. I have experience with this seller. Again, it is a stock photo, mentions duplicates, price and the picture shown has pins in small bags. Most of these are the warning signs of scrappers. No returns policy, too.

Thanks - that was my feeling too........

dizneymandoug, I have no experience with him. Looking at his feedback as a buyer, he has purchased pins from a questionable seller. If you read the description of his pin lot, it states that pins may or may not be on cards.

Has anyone had any experience with this seller? I recently got burned on an eBay pin purchase with the vast majority being scrappers. I wasn't sure until I found this thread and read up on what to look for. Not sure what to do now, but am checking any seller against this thread before I buy.

Thanks!

This may have already been discussed earlier in the thread but does anyone know why the D&N pin station site doesn't have anymore sets of trader pins? I had ordered some based on a recommendation from this thread for my last trip and wanted to get some more for my next trip but there are non available.

I would refer to pinpics before buying from dknoxinbox. Some of the pins for sale have the possibility of being scrapped. While other pins for sale seem to be legit. If you are willing to pay the prices of this seller, I would also look at domdisney. I have purchased from him and his pins are authentic.

I can throw my two cents in. Just bought a pin from ebay user dyllan. I'm not sure if he's a regular pin seller, but he sold me the Hanes promotional one from 2008 - white t-shirt with a raised mickey on the front. Got a good price for it, and it definitely seems authentic.

Haven't tried any other sellers yet - and I'm glad I didn't... I nearly bought from someone who, according to this list, sells scrappers.

I just received a "20 pin lot" from Evaandmike. I'm not an expert, but after researching for a couple of hours on pinpics, I think I only have about 3 legitimate pins. Almost all of them that I received had a disclaimer on pinpics about unauthorized selling directly from China. I may be just pessimistic, but that made me believe mine might be scrappers. My biggest concern is the edges of the pins. They don't look like they were cut properly. They are very rough & have bumps, etc...on the edges.

I really didn't want to purchase any "lot", but my kids really like the surprise of not knowing what pins you might get, so I selected someone that lived in FL, had 100% feedback, & only bought a small lot of pins.

I'm just not sure if I will trade them when we go in August...I can't guarantee they are scrappers, but don't want to continue to bring them into the parks if they are. I will now purchase the booster packs (which is what I wanted to do from the beginning) but I had to listen to my DD!

Sorry for being so long winded....just wanted to let you guys know my experience with this seller.

Can someone point me in the direction of a couple of sellers that sell a lot of pins for trading for a good price? I'm looking at probably 20 or so pins I need for my DD, and I really don't care what ones they are (not scrappers obviously).

Can someone point me in the direction of a couple of sellers that sell a lot of pins for trading for a good price? I'm looking at probably 20 or so pins I need for my DD, and I really don't care what ones they are (not scrappers obviously).

The guy I purchase mine from when I need them (sells very sporadically on ebay) finally has some listed again in lots of five ... he does give a discount on shipping if you purchase more than one lot. Just do a seller search for MUBUNNY

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter