Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Just a heads up so this one can be added to the BAD list.

Ordered some pins from Ebay, there are several out of the 25 that were fakes (verified by pinpics.com). One of them is ariel, and the flower in her hair isn't even colored in, just an empty hole...

anyway, shame on me. We got lucky the first time and none of the first lot can be proven to be fakes, atleast not by my wife and I.

The ebay seller is Disney.Crazy

Thank you WhitDisney...great post and a lot of good information!

I've won a few auctions from coconut_cutie...I don't recall seeing them in this thread (but I could have missed them). They are selling a lot of individual pins starting at 99 cents each. I'll post a report when I receive them.

I'm also planning on buying some more from muchnessofdisney...have been very happy with her service! ;)

Thank you WhitDisney...great post and a lot of good information!

I've won a few auctions from coconut_cutie...I don't recall seeing them in this thread (but I could have missed them). They are selling a lot of individual pins starting at 99 cents each. I'll post a report when I receive them.

I'm also planning on buying some more from muchnessofdisney...have been very happy with her service! ;)

I agree, WhitDisney, your post was awesome :thumbsup2

I also like buying from muchnessofdisney. They are one of my favorite sellers, along with bizzybee1, pham22 ( I think that's the name, I buy authentic vinylmations and mystery set pins from them),funmamas and Miami Disney Pins for APs.

Wow! I found these boards just in time. I was about to buy a lot from ebay, but got a hunch that something was up with it. We will be starting pin trading on our upcoming cruise next year. Guess I will not be able to start as cheaply as I thought, but at least I can be guilt free about the pins my kiddos trade with others. Thanks.

Can someone mention a couple of the good sellers that sell smaller lots :flower3: we recently returned from trips and did some trading with the starter sets and loved it! We don't have any trips planned but would love more pins :rotfl:

Can someone mention a couple of the good sellers that sell smaller lots :flower3: we recently returned from trips and did some trading with the starter sets and loved it! We don't have any trips planned but would love more pins :rotfl:

We buy from funmamas. She sells lots of 21 pins for 36.75. You get 3 brand new booster packs, or starter sets for that price, you can't beat it!

We buy from funmamas. She sells lots of 21 pins for 36.75. You get 3 brand new booster packs, or starter sets for that price, you can't beat it!

I always have bought from funmamas, but tried emailing her for my upcoming trip and have not heard from her. I can't find her lot of pins on ebay either...??Anyone,, have a link>>?

Wow! This thread has opened my eyes. Thanks for having a thread like this. I stepped out of the pin trading world 6 years ago and now have decided to let some of my pins go. I've learned alot from this thread. I'm just a small fry in the selling of pins (I've always been a collector and trader on dizpins), but got some great pointers on how to list them. Though I just listed alot of old lanyard pins that end this weekend. Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier or I would've added offiicial, 100% tradeable to my descriptions. Too many to modify now. I'm not a big pin seller, but a collector passing my collection to people who want them in their collection. Maybe one day I'll make it to your "good" list". I will be going to my ebay account now and blocking the red sellers from my account to keep them from bidding on my auctions. If anyone is interested, I'm JJT219

I use to be addicted to pin collecting and trading, but kicked the habit. While I do regret all of the $$$ I spent on multiples for trading, I don't regret all of the friendships I made along the way. I'm retired now, so have more time to do this now. It will take me years to make a dent in the amount of pins I collected during those years of collecting.

Update: I was checking the bad sellers and have found most no longer sell or even have accounts. I'm not done checking all of the red sellers yet, but am guessing they have moved on and have a new account not listed on the red list.

The list has not been updated for some time now, unfortunately the OP has become busy and deserted us. :) I keep talking about making a new list but I think I'm going to be offered a new job soon so I won't really have the time....I'm hoping to be able to start working on the list tho to weed out those who aren't selling any longer. :) I'll be sure to check your listings on eBay. :)

LURKER NO MORE:
I’ve kept up with this bookmarked thread for over a year. I’ve always lurked, but never posted. Although I appear new, many of you will recognize me from Pinpics and pin trading. I finally decided to chime in when I had too many thoughts not to share and when what started as a great thread to protect new traders has seemingly taken a turn.

Education in pin trading is critical and though I know my one post won’t matter much, I’m hoping to help steer this thread back to its original purpose and share a little wisdom gleaned over the years. I have a lot of thoughts, so get comfortable OR skip to the next post. lol

I see, and have purchased from, fantastic sellers: bizzybee1, flame*o*chist and many more. To new traders, there ARE good sellers on eBay, but more about that in a minute.

I see some sellers dumped the junk, and have now apparently gone legit: funmamas anyone? Just steer clear of the Holiday Vinylmation she still has.

I’m also thrilled to see the awful sellers like nannub/Parrotsandpins and mikebitesme thankfully go under when word gets out that they’re just a pipeline for the trash coming from China.

Great job everyone! I believe it’s directly a result of this board. Now that is smart talk! Everyone can see how to be safe and enjoy this wonderful hobby.

I’ve read every post and it is easy to see those who love trading, posting on their personal experiences to protect others. That was the intention of the thread and I applaud the OP.

~ ~ I don’t know you PixieWings, but I like you a lot! ~ ~

THIS THREAD:
Can we get the Disney groove back in this thread? This thread is all about the magic of pin trading while protecting one another, not making assumptions or mud slinging without facts. When we publicly guess about things like that, that is what gets people threatening lawsuits and then we can’t share names anymore. As far as I know this is the only place we can publicly name sellers and I don’t want to see the thread go away.

Of course we’re meant to share opinions, you’re reading mine now. I applaud those giving out legitimate information about pins they bought that are scrappers and how they know for sure. If you’re new to the hobby, read all posts critically though and use careful judgment when reading the posts of people who haven’t actually made the purchase or held the pin.

GOOD SELLERS:
I have been buying and trading pins on/off since 2005. I started back in the glory days of Disney Auctions and I know a lot of the traders and sellers. If it weren’t for bizzybee1, kittkat2bad, themuchnessofdisney, and youngqueen and I’d be all twitchy not being able to get my fix.

GIFT CARDS:
One of my best friends is a corporate buyer for a company and the only real perk of her job is that she is allowed to use the rewards points/gift cards for herself. I’m quite sure that many sellers have day jobs and that they rack up points too. Certain cards have no limits on corporate accounts, so just because someone is using gift cards does not make them shady.

I read about the seller using gift cards and being called in to question because of a perfectly normal practice of redeeming rewards. They’re a great seller and they have the harder to find pins. They ask $$$ for some because they are rare and some are a great deal, but I’m not mentioning the name again so you don’t go picking off all the pins I want. Lol They don’t sell pins in lots and I have purchased great pins from them every time. Sure they won’t share their proprietary secrets, but that does not mean there is something shady. If they shared it would be certain business death. Anyway, I’ve bought from that seller, their pins are amazing and always “perfectly perfect” as they state in their auctions and I found them personable, friendly and their shipping was so fast I think I heard a sonic boom. Lol

BULK:
How does Costco have things so cheap? They buy in bulk. How does the Dollar Store do it? If you have enough credit in the coffers and can buy in bulk, prices are much lower. There’s no mystery in that. It is just a gamble that I, for one, wouldn’t be willing to make but a huge thanks to others for making the leap. I love it when sellers buy boosters en masse and pass the savings on. I appreciate the attempt to squelch the scrapper issue too. I won’t buy pin grab bags/lots, but booster sets that are new in package are great!

EBAY BUSINESSES:
I would strongly disagree that all eBay sellers are just one person sitting alone at one computer. Some are, sure, but those with tons of feedback usually are not. Also, not everyone leaves feedback, so those sellers sold even more than what is showing. I cannot imagine people able to ship out hundreds of auctions every day by themselves, so if they say “we” they probably are more than one person. Someone posted worrying about sellers saying “we,” but I know at least one with a lot of auctions who are a group of traders selling together. This is not them putting on airs, they’re being honest. Some do run it like a business with separate people who do the listing, shipping and answering email. I know there used to be a seller, MarciMouse (I think) who did it that way but I haven’t seen her around lately. So, picturing eBay sellers as a single person at a single computer is not always the way. There are many, many sellers with hundreds of thousand feedback replies. That is a business and some Disney pin sellers are the same, a business. I would not discredit a seller for saying “we.” They could just mean him and his wife or it could mean they have a staff of workers.

Gift cards and buying in bulk are only two ways I mention and my guess is that a seller with more than 1k active listings on eBay gets their pins in many different ways but it does not mean anything shady. They have a pocket full of methods and I don’t blame them for not sharing. That is them being savvy and trying to earn enough for it to be worth their time. It would be nice if everyone was philanthropic, but alas reality is what it is.

CLEARANCE:
I know sellers who are former cast members and have moved north or east – their former co-workers, friends, family still living in Florida or California find the deals and send them to the centralized seller and share in the small profit. If they sell enough the profit goes up. I see nothing wrong with that. We all know there are those amazing clearance sections near the parks, but all of us outside the state can’t comb them weekly. Personally, I like that the clearance sections are not just going to the few who live nearby the parks. Spreading it out makes it closer to fair and keeps the market stable. If only a few people were getting the sale items, we would be paying a lot more.

People who do not live near the parks can have several sources for getting pins and the Post Office is happy to deliver them anywhere. This does NOT make the sellers less reputable, just smart for having a central hub.

There is nothing shady in these examples and no huge conspiracy or fraud, just smart business buying low and selling higher. Most people don’t have the time or patience, but if these sellers do then it helps keep the market from only being a few people near the parks.

SMART TACTICS:
Someone posted, and I agree, if a low priced pin gets you in their store, you’re more likely to buy more – Target does it, why wouldn’t sellers on eBay? Again, there is no mystery to it and no tricks, just simple math and smart business.

If the seller makes a few bucks, I’m perfectly fine with it. They have to eat, they have to make a little something or they will stop and more importantly I need the pins! Lol

Please be careful about dragging names through the mud without facts.

SCRAPPERS:
Let’s remember, pins that have been scrapped are copies of real pins, so there are real versions of that pin out there. Just because a seller has a pin that has been scrapped does not mean it is a scrapper. There are real versions of the pin, otherwise they are listed as bootleg. If all they have are pins that have been scrapped or are bootleg, now that is absolutely a red flag, but there are legitimate versions of the pins still floating around once they’ve been scrapped.

DISNEYSTORE.COM:
I have purchased many pins from DisneyStore.com myself that had I not bought them from the source even *I* would have thought they weren’t legit and would have returned it to the seller. Not every pin is perfect. I got a DSF pin in trade this week and Mickey’s eyes are sunken in. This pin is mint on card and I know the trader very well, she bought it new at DSF. This is just an example of a legit yet not a perfect pin. Immediately deeming a seller as a fraud for having a less than perfect pin isn’t using our best judgment. I would contact the seller and ask for a refund, more about that next.

PAYPAL:
I know I’m getting terribly long winded, I’m almost done. It’s very difficult to get *jacked* on eBay because paypal protects buyers to the n’th degree. EBay owns paypal and without happy buyers, sellers don’t matter and the whole thing goes down the drain! No matter what a seller says about returns, paypal will make them take back a scrapper and you’ll get a refund. If you think you’ve gotten scammed on eBay then call foul and you’ll get your money back. No problem. Relax and enjoy the hobby.

OLIVEJUICE:
Finally, then I’ll finally shut up: does anyone know what happened to Olivejuiceyou21? They were fantastic, but it appears someone, literally, died?!  They’ll be sadly missed.

Awww thanks! :) Welcome to the board, hope to see you around again. :) Yes this thread does need to get back on track, I do agree with that 100%! :) It's easy to get side tracked and the original feeling is still here, I think it needs to be updated and streamlined tho. :)

Got all 5 today. They look great!

Thanks for your input. :)

I agree, WhitDisney, your post was awesome :thumbsup2

I also like buying from muchnessofdisney. They are one of my favorite sellers, along with bizzybee1, pham22 ( I think that's the name, I buy authentic vinylmations and mystery set pins from them),funmamas and Miami Disney Pins for APs.

:thumbsup2 I've never used the muchnessofdisney but I think I will give them a search. :)

Oh my...I pretty much completely forgot about this list until I started planning my Disney trip this year... update coming TOMORROW ASAP

Currently working on the massive update, but I have to leave very soon. Sorry to everyone that this hasn't been updated forever!

Hey, everyone!!! :wave2:

I've checked the list on the first page as well as a search and have not found anything on the following sellers. I figured I would ask if anyone has experience with them as it is about time to try and buy pin lots for our trip (yes, I'm one of those psychos that pack six months early! lol).

The sellers are am questioning are: klay16, irishjwc, and monkabuda. I also saw the information posted about sunshinesunwear and am re-considering purchasing from them.

Just let me know when you can. Thanks so much!!!

I purchased from monkabuda, when she first started. Some of the pins currently listed in the sets, are known to be scrapped. The pin I purchased is older, so it is difficult to know if it is fake. Although, I believe scrappers of it do exist. Klay16 has purchased a lot of 100 pins himself. I don't know if he uses these for trade or turns around and resells them. As for irishjwc, the picture shown, does have known scrapper pins in it. So my suggestion would be, buyer beware. Also, when duplicates are mentioned, it can be a red flag. Here are some good reference links. http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm
http://www.pintalk.com/showthread.php?1524-Bad-Mickey-waffle&p=7410#post7410

i just bought from seller bizzybee1....it was for a 25 pin lot of booster packs...
i'm hoping that these are legit....it's a green seller, so...i just did buy it now yesterday, so they haven't arrived yet
i must say though, the seller is great with communications....i had asked if at all possble to not include booster packs of princesses or star wars since i am giving these to my neice and nephew for their trip in may, and i'm pretty sure these are pins they would want to keep...and then i asked to try and not include the nerds set, because i would probably keep those...
but, the seller was totally understanding and said they would try...that's all i could ask for!
so, so far so good...however, i haven't recieved them yet....but i have a feeling they'll be good pins...
and hopefully my neice and nephew will have as much fun trading as their aunt and uncle do

Bizzybee1 is :thumbsup2. I've purchased a pin from her and put that listing in my watch list. I think those pin sets are on clearance at the Disney oulet stores. There seem to be a lot of auctions for those pin sets.

i just bought from seller bizzybee1....it was for a 25 pin lot of booster packs...
i'm hoping that these are legit....it's a green seller, so...i just did buy it now yesterday, so they haven't arrived yet
i must say though, the seller is great with communications....i had asked if at all possble to not include booster packs of princesses or star wars since i am giving these to my neice and nephew for their trip in may, and i'm pretty sure these are pins they would want to keep...and then i asked to try and not include the nerds set, because i would probably keep those...
but, the seller was totally understanding and said they would try...that's all i could ask for!
so, so far so good...however, i haven't recieved them yet....but i have a feeling they'll be good pins...
and hopefully my neice and nephew will have as much fun trading as their aunt and uncle do

I buy the same pins from funmamas, but way cheaper :thumbsup2 They have a 21 pin lot in new booster packs for only 36.75.

I like bizzybee1 also, for individual pins (I buy a lot of holiday pins from them) but for real pins for trading, funmamas has the best deal.

BizzyBee has great pins! I wouldn't worry at all

I buy the same pins from funmamas, but way cheaper :thumbsup2 They have a 21 pin lot in new booster packs for only 36.75.

I like bizzybee1 also, for individual pins (I buy a lot of holiday pins from them) but for real pins for trading, funmamas has the best deal.

I just removed funmamas from the bad list ;)

They'll be on the good list when I finish

The update will be finished tonight! I'll do it during the second intermission for the Pens game.

Thanks for the information. I just want to make sure we're not buying and circulating scrappers. It's not fair to the CMs (and, thus, Disney) if they get a bad pin nor a child who comes up behind my kids to trade. I was heartbroken two years ago when I realized I bought scrappers. I just felt so awful; like I was cheating Disney.

Thanks again and everyone have a wonderful day!

Hi, I'm sending a long winded email concerning some pins I just bought from on eBay (it was a lot of 20 pins). I wanted to provide you with the person's name so you can list them on the first page of the thread. I suspect them all to be scrappers.

At first glance they looked ok but when I inspected them further they looked odd. They looked like they had brush stroke marks on them. DF says he thought they were using a polisher to try to 'fix' the pins. I wrote back to the person stating I couldn't give them the 5 stars they wanted because something seemed wrong with the pins and I question whether I can trade them or not. The below is the response I received:

'Thank you so much for contacting me before leaving a feedback i really appreciated if you are no happy with your order is no problem just return the pins to me I will refund your money plus the return postage and if happens you still want to keep some of them just keep it...the parks really don't care about the quality of the pins people trade...you will see some times after you trade you find out that the one you took it has some paint or black spots in the back...but the fun of this in the parks is to trade this pins are not for collections. I really appreciate your honesty and telling me about this instead of leaving me with a bad feedback because it really hurt my account... thanks so much. Please let me know what are you going to do. regards '

At any rate I feel uncomfortable keeping the pins & trying to trade them because it isn't fair for someone else down the road to end up with a scrapper. The ebay person is disneyeasypin, I don't believe I saw them listed on the first page. I appreciate that he is offering to refund my money & return shipping. I'm guessing he really doesn't want a bad review.

Thank you.

PM quote for reference

My sister won a few pins from mr.disneycollector. All the pins are known to be scrapped, and turned out to be so. The pins will go into their collections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter