• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

No big lots, so I think you may be good with those three. I can't tell, obviously, without looking at one of their pins, though, and even then, I probably still won't be able to tell.

Thanks so much for checking them out for me! Very nice of you!:love: I did'nt by any large lots... all were about 2-7$ each. I bought an Aristrocats 4 piece pin set on a card. I LOOOOVVE that movie!:) I'm totally new to this so I have no idea how to tell a fake from a real.... I won a really cute one today...it this one.. It's so cute!:)..................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350228634333

I'm also obsessed with the Haunted Mansion pins! :confused3:rotfl:

Thanks so much for checking them out for me! Very nice of you!:love: I did'nt by any large lots... all were about 2-7$ each. I bought an Aristrocats 4 piece pin set on a card. I LOOOOVVE that movie!:) I'm totally new to this so I have no idea how to tell a fake from a real.... I won a really cute one today...it this one.. It's so cute!:)..................
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=350228634333

I'm also obsessed with the Haunted Mansion pins! :confused3:rotfl:

I LOVE the Dole Whip pin... I traded for it a few years back. I actually have that whole set.:)

I am putting pinsonthego on the red list. This lady is obviously bibbity bobbity botuique, or whatever her name is. She writes the same way, her feedback responses are the same "blackmail" "responded to all emails" and the title of her "buy as many as you need" is the same as BBBC. Anyways, if I am wrong about her being BBBC, she sells scrappers anyway. She only has 40 styles, which is an immediate red flag. Think about it, how could she only have 40 styles? The only way to sell pins at a low price is to buy them for a low price from someone else and sell them at a low price, unless you are the person trying to liquidate them. If you do buy cheap pins and resell them, you will have a variety of pins, not just 40 styles. DO NOT BUY FROM PINSONTHEGO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am just sick. Haven't done disney or boards in about 3 years. Just bought some pins on e-bay cause I enjoy putting CL/HM pins back INTO the park. Think I got some from shells7pak.

Why do people do this? I think some on e-bay buy from China and then go and trade in the parks and sell those online. So there is JUNK on the CM lanyards most of the time.

I am an adult pin trader and HATE to see kids trading away what I KNOW are good pins for scrap. I have been known to speak quietly to a parent and tell them (not sure if it is appreciated or not). I wish the CM knew more about the pins and would refresh their lanyard after it was full of junk.

Oh well....I KNOW I have some good HM/CL from last time and will be hoping to find some people who just like pin trading for what it is (saying hello and meeting new people) and who are NOT in it for profit. Karma stinks and these lowlifes will get what they deserve....eventually!

Don't worry about it. You didn't know about scrappers back then. Glad you now see how greedy people are though.

I scan through this thread, and I may of missed it, but I am wondering about Zoom-time? Are they ligit? My DH is thinking of ordering, and I told him before he does I'd like to check with my Dis Friends to be sure... I trust you guys... Cus you can't always belive they are by the FB :confused3

oh and 2 more cfc93 and mikeand nancy1020 sorry

TIA

I don't find zoom time with any searches, but I did find cfc93 and I would assume from the quantity of pins they have available that the majority of them are not good. And mikeand nancy1020 I'd assume the same thing. I have not purchased from either of them tho so I cannot say for sure. If it was me, I would not purchase from them.

I ordered a while ago from gold747, I got a lot of 15, all but 2 were bad. I contacted him and he offered me a refund, I told him I would accept either a refund or replacement and he was going to replace them. I got a message from him yesterday asking if I would accept a refund as he wasn't sure what he has that is good and what is bad, I told him I'd accept either resolution and today he refunded me. I probably won't bid on any of his other auctions after this transaction but I cannot say that he is knowingly selling scrappers.

Mt Nittany, can you change Gold747 from red to yellow, he did give me a full refund and he did ask me to give him another try. I think I will bid on another of his auctions to see what I get. I would advise caution when buying from him currently but I would say he's honest enough to give another chance. :)

I had an awesome transaction with puppysnuggler2. I don't know if they regularly sell pins or were just getting rid of some of their own. All of my pins came on their original black tags (whatever you call these) or in the boxes they were bought in (or gifted in). Got some great deals too. I would highly recommend them.

If they are already listed on the thread I apologize. The name was not familar so I didn't think they had been.

Hi could you add a couple of sellers to your bad sellers list. These are sellers on ebay UK. The first is directsuppliesuk I purchased 8 pins off them in a grab bag type auction where you decide how many pins you want and they send you random pins that they claim have been traded by them personally in disney parks. When they arrived they had sent ariel, eric, 3 peter pan chess piece hidden mickeys & 3 mickey pins. 2 of the mickey pins... darth vader Mickey and the Mickey & Donald patriotic car only had one eye painted on the mickeys! I emailed the seller to say I think I had a couple of scrappers and they replied saying they try to weed out any scrappers but they sometimes get through. They offered to send 2 replacement pins the email was signed by ANDY. When the replacement pins arrived I was sent raiders of the lost Arc Mickey and Mickey with goofy in the herbie car. On both of these pins the eyes were still gold metal... not even painted!
I had a look on ebay for other pics of these pins and decided these look like scrappers too. What I also found was another seller called andyorangeplanes who seemed to have all the pins listed that were in the lot I got from directsuppliesuk he too was also called andy and the location of the seller is the same area too. Coincidence? I will let you decide! Both the sellers have good feedback but not 100% and if you go far enough back you will find the negatives saying "Warning Fake Pins" wish I had looked that far back. I have learnt now. I will only be buying off the list of green sellers from now on even if it means buying from the USA.
Pin trading has only just begun in the Disney stores in the UK and I doubt the cast members will know what to look for in a good or bad pin. Also I was trying to find the page of scrappers pics on pinpice but could not find it. Could you please post a link where I can see pics of scrappers. Many thanks!

Hi could you add a couple of sellers to your bad sellers list. These are sellers on ebay UK. The first is directsuppliesuk I purchased 8 pins off them in a grab bag type auction where you decide how many pins you want and they send you random pins that they claim have been traded by them personally in disney parks. When they arrived they had sent ariel, eric, 3 peter pan chess piece hidden mickeys & 3 mickey pins. 2 of the mickey pins... darth vader Mickey and the Mickey & Donald patriotic car only had one eye painted on the mickeys! I emailed the seller to say I think I had a couple of scrappers and they replied saying they try to weed out any scrappers but they sometimes get through. They offered to send 2 replacement pins the email was signed by ANDY. When the replacement pins arrived I was sent raiders of the lost Arc Mickey and Mickey with goofy in the herbie car. On both of these pins the eyes were still gold metal... not even painted!
I had a look on ebay for other pics of these pins and decided these look like scrappers too. What I also found was another seller called andyorangeplanes who seemed to have all the pins listed that were in the lot I got from directsuppliesuk he too was also called andy and the location of the seller is the same area too. Coincidence? I will let you decide! Both the sellers have good feedback but not 100% and if you go far enough back you will find the negatives saying "Warning Fake Pins" wish I had looked that far back. I have learnt now. I will only be buying off the list of green sellers from now on even if it means buying from the USA.
Pin trading has only just begun in the Disney stores in the UK and I doubt the cast members will know what to look for in a good or bad pin. Also I was trying to find the page of scrappers pics on pinpice but could not find it. Could you please post a link where I can see pics of scrappers. Many thanks!

There is no real page of scrappers on Pinpics. Also, I have seen a lot of pins with gold eyes. They may not be scrappers. I will add them to the red list, though, because they have only 30 "styles".

As for Andyorangeplanes, do you know for a fact that they are scrappers? I will not add them to the red list if it is not certain. They don't really have any lots in their history, which makes it a better chance that they are real.

I have a few sellers to possibly add to the red list, could someone please check for me and agree/disagree?

earstwoyou, who only has 30 different styles, which probably means that they are scrappers.

Also, pins_surplus, who is definitely BBBC. Look at their description, vs BBBC's. I'll PM a link to both of them to anyone who wants. The descriptions are the exact same, and the layout is the exact same except for a few changes. They definately just changed a few things in the code. They have the same font, the same layout, and the same annoying music. I am adding them right now, regardless of what everyone else says.

The last couple of weeks I've been purchasing pins from past holidays spent at WDW. Being a newbie buyer I have a couple questions, any help is appreciated :)

Has anyone bought pins from Your WDW Store? I purchased 10 days ago, haven't received pins or responses to my email...I'm not sure what to think..

Also, if an EBAY seller sends you the wrong pin, how does a good seller handle it? I was sent a pin that doesn't match the EBAY description (the pin has a different scene and year on it) and the person is telling me the pins are the same, when obviously they are not..the person says send it back and they will refund..I'm not so sure as this pin took twice as long to arrive as those sent by other sellers...I guess I have to follow the Pay Pay dispute process?

thanks!

The last couple of weeks I've been purchasing pins from past holidays spent at WDW. Being a newbie buyer I have a couple questions, any help is appreciated :)

Has anyone bought pins from Your WDW Store? I purchased 10 days ago, haven't received pins or responses to my email...I'm not sure what to think..

Also, if an EBAY seller sends you the wrong pin, how does a good seller handle it? I was sent a pin that doesn't match the EBAY description (the pin has a different scene and year on it) and the person is telling me the pins are the same, when obviously they are not..the person says send it back and they will refund..I'm not so sure as this pin took twice as long to arrive as those sent by other sellers...I guess I have to follow the Pay Pay dispute process?

thanks!
Not sure about Your WDW Store

A good eBay seller should refund you the full price, plus shipping, plus your shipping cost, or refund you your shipping cost and send the other pin free of charge. This is just my opinion, but that would be the best way for customer service. I'd just open a PayPal Dispute if I were you, but wait for another person's opinion also.

Oh I definitely think that person who sent the wrong pin should make it right. Filing a dispute is what I would do!

Mt Nittany, I'll check those ebayers out from home tonight, PM me the auction you think belongs to BBBC please.

And to the UK trader, welcome to our board!! :) We are happy to have you, I will review the sellers you listed as well and give my thoughts on those. :) I hope you love our hobby and thank you for being aware of scrappers!!

Oh and to find scrappers on pinpics, just use the search function. Hit search and scroll down, hit search again and scroll down, here you enter "scrappers" in the box and hit enter, it will link you to known scrappers. :)

I think based on what directsuppliesuk has up for auction that these are probably bad. Maybe not all of them, but some of them at least.
As for andyorangeplanes, it appears he has some that to my knowledge have not been scrapped yet so I'm unsure. He also doesn't have a lot up for auction so I'm hesitant to point fingers at that seller.

Mt Nittany, I checked earstwoyou and honestly, when I see all those lots of 100 and the "pick your own" lot at such a great price I have to assume those are mostly scrappers. :(
I think I'd have to agree with you about pins_surplus, that is way too similar to BBBC.

Disneypinsrus, not good.....I received some that are very bad, rack pins were OK but none of the LE's or HM's were. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter