golf?

jagson

Mouseketeer
If going to play golf as a single at a WDW course, does the pro shop set you up with a group? If so, do they try to put you with a player(s) of equal golf skills? Bad situation is to put you with someone of lesser or better skills. What's been others experiences? Can't see how its feasible to hook you up with the right group. Would hate to ruin someones round of golf.

Yes, you're always paired with others if you sign up as a single. But no, they don't consider golf skills. DH has played MANY rounds of golf at WDW (too many, wifey says) and there's been a wide variety of the skills of the players he's played with. He's a 2 handicap, and so he's been met with some very appologetic beginners. But as he always says "Hey-we're all for the same purpose-just having fun!" Please try not to worry about it. Enjoy!

My wife and I play and usually are paired with one other if not a twosome. They never ask our skill level, so that is not a consideration. I would not worry about it - everyone we have met has been nice to talk with or helpful if they have a little more knowledge of the course.

I usually golf as a single. The PP have it right. There is no assignment by skill level, but everyone I've met as a single have been great to play with. Like the PP said, we're all there to have some fun.

My DH has also played lots of golf at WDW. That's how I get him to return year after year - as much golf as he wants :lmao::lmao::lmao:

They have always paired him up with others. And he has always had a great time. He has met some really interesting people along the way.

Make those tee times and enjoy yourself :banana:

As noted, they hook you up and it is luck of the draw. I am a low handicap (5) and have played with all skill levels there and have generally not had any issues as most everyone is friendly and uncritical and the rounds are enjoyable. Pace of play is generally slow, rounds can take 4 1/2 hours after the very early morning tee times get off, so there is really no problem with someone hitting a lot of shots on a hole when others aren't because you are not going to move any faster no matter what. I can see potential trepidation being caused in the other direction, where you are a 30 handicap and get hooked up with three single digits but even then it should be fine. With usual hook-ups, I see players who shoot in the 90s to low hundreds there, i.e., that seems to be the average vacation golfer there. The only time I have had a problem, and over twenty-five years of playing there this has only happened twice, is when you get hooked up with an "angry" golfer who throws clubs, curses out loud constantly, and is generally unpleasant to be around, but again that is rare.

My DH has also played lots of golf at WDW. That's how I get him to return year after year - as much golf as he wants :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Does my DH have another family in Louisianna? :rotfl:
Does your DH always play on site? DH has, but last time he met someone who raved about the course at Bonnet Creek, but he can't figure out if you can play there if you're not staying there. The courses at WDW are so nice, he says, that he'd rather play multiple times there than go off site for variety.

Simba's Mom: so far Dh has only played WDW courses. It just works better for him. He gets anxious if he doesn't know where his next course is :rotfl::rotfl:.

when we go to HH, we usually take a ride to find all the courses he'll be playing, esp if he hasn't played them before. He is too funny :lmao::lmao:

I was reading some journal notes from WDW trips, and on one trip, he reported that he played with a fellow that he had played with on another trip to WDW. How interesting is that? And the probability is pretty low that it would happen.

drusba: did you ever play with my DH???? He can sometimes get very frustrated while playing golf. I've tried telling him "it's just a game" but he sometimes doesn't "hear" me :laughing:

I was reading some journal notes from WDW trips, and on one trip, he reported that he played with a fellow that he had played with on another trip to WDW. How interesting is that? And the probability is pretty low that it would happen.

drusba: did you ever play with my DH???? He can sometimes get very frustrated while playing golf. I've tried telling him "it's just a game" but he sometimes doesn't "hear" me :laughing:

Always a possibility but when I speak of the "angry" golfer that is one who is a far cry from being frustrated. You can hardly go through a round and not have moments of frustration but the "angry" golfer is one who is truly unpleasant to be around. One time I just wanted to tell the guy to leave (actually I had a deep desire to take one of his clubs and ...). He threw clubs constantly, cursed constantly, showed no etiquette, and the worse thing was he was carrying on like that while with him was his 14 year old son, whom he often harshly criticized during the round.

Also, if you are a regular golfer when you go to WDW, it is not so rare to be hooked-up with ones you have played with on a different vacation. That has actually happened to me about a dozen times. The reason: when you usually go particular times of year, you run into other regular golfers who usually go that time of year and you are picking close to the same times of day that they also usually try to pick.

Whewww - not my DH :banana::banana: we don't have any munchkins !

He is usually a pretty well behaved golfer. And I see your point about running into the the same golfers. Last trip in May, DH was put in a four-some with a guy who also lives in Louisiana. The next day we saw them at DHS. I guess I think about all the thousands of folks at WDW at any one time and find it interesting that you would see the same folks in different places in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter