• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf classic and crowds in Oct?

disynut

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going down the week of Oct 7(our Fall Break here in KY). We've gone before during our Fall Break and I think it landed on the same week as the Golf Classic(I think it is the National Car Rental Golf Classic now, but it has changed names a couple of times so I'm not really sure), and while crowds weren't as bad as they have been, we kept hearing people say they were worse than they had ever been at that time, and they were contributing it to the Classic.

Does anyone know the dates of the Classic this year? We're hoping to score ressies at the BCV, but is this a high visiting time for DVC'ers?

Thanks in advance,
Jen

The tournament is Oct 17 to 20, with qualifying, practice, and celebrity rounds on the 14th to 16th. You can always find the dates of any tournament at pgatour.com

One unforgettable OKW memory was being out on our patio and seeing Payne Stewart playing during the preliminary rounds of the tournament. (This was pre-Tiger Woods.)

As far as crowds are concerned, it's not the golf tournament that's the problem, it's Columbus Day which is celebrated 10/14.

It sounds like you'll avoid both if you plan on visiting the week before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter