Golf Carts refused!!!!!

tarasewicz3

Earning My Ears
I just got a call from Golf Cart Enterprise, and was told that Disney has refused to allow off
property golf carts. I called the bike barn and they told me that is correct. I tried to state my case, I was given the number to GCE by a Disney Rep. when I made my reservation in February(needed a six person cart). I calmy explained that I paid GCE $291.00 on a recommendation from a Disney employee and he politely stated they were wrong to tell me.

Well this really stinks, does this mean people who own them also can not bring them into the resort???

I asked Bike Barn about them and he said they have no way of insuring they are safe. I asked him if it was safe to ride with more than 4 on one of their carts and he would not answer. I am fuming here!

Hi,

I know this is very frustrating, but I can understand why Disney has finally put a stop to letting other companies bring in golf carts. Besides the liablity issue for Disney, I am sure it's very possiable it was also becuase too many "off site" golf carts were coming in that were not electric. The policy there clearly states no gas powered vehicles and anyone who has stayed there knows why they have to have that kind of policy in place. The "gas" powered vechiles like scooters, motorcycles and golf carts create too much noise and distracts from the peace and quiet that most campers enjoy. I have to say that unfortunatly every time I go there (which is almost once a month), 90% of the golf carts that I have seen there that were not rented out by Disney were "gas" powered and were very noisy. I am sure that the "gas" golf cart rentals just got out of hand. However, I do agree that Disney should in fact at least a have a few golf carts that one can rent that holds more than 4 people. I know they use rather large ones to carry luggage and guests at some of the resorts, so maybe we can all suggest to them to bring a few of their smaller versioned ones over to the Fort for folks to rent.

Mmketeer /Thanksgiving week...

Disney can claim what they like, Most of the time they dont have enough to rent during peak times.Hail to the mighty dollar Scrooge mc duck.its just my humble opinion.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I really need to know if the FW carts can carry 6 people. There are 5 of us going down next June and we need a 6 person. If Disney is not going to allow competition on golf carts, then they will need to adapt. This is a very serious blow to our plans.

I called and talked to a manager at the Bike Barn and here is what she told me:
Disney security at this time is not allowing outside vendors on site to avoid any risk. They are also not allowing them because they do not carry the proper liability insurance. This is what she told me. However, because of my need for a larger cart, and because she is receiving more requests for larger capacity carts they are in the process of obtaining more 6 and possibly 8 person carts. I told her that I was showing up in June of 02 and she gave me a ressie for a 6 person cart should they have them in place at that time. You can look at this two ways.

1)Disney is watching out for their patrons by refusing carts that do not have the proper liability insurance and also keeping unauthorized vendors off property.
OR
2) Disney wants their share of the rental market back. Disney saying you rent from us and us only is pretty slim pickins.

To Rent or Not to Rent.....

I'm not surprised they did this, when we were there in Dec. 00 we rented a cart (I don't remember the company) But it didnt have headlights or tailights, and we were harrassed the whole time we were there by the security.:( We said we would never get a golf cart again! Disney's are too expensive and it wasnt worth being harassed to get a cart elsewhere. So we just bring bikes (there is only 2 of us)

I am wondering about something........If you drive a truck and get it empty after checking in can you go rent your own golf cart and put in the back of your truck?? You could then tell Disney that it is your cart. Surely they can not tell you no.Right??? What about all those folks that do take their own cart? Is this a do-able thing??

Whats next? Must rent bikes from bike barn ,Fishing poles?worms?As far as saftey goes my horn didnt work, the cart lurched And guess what they didnt have a replacment available,And i paid what 43.0 a day alot more than my camp site.Talk about a bad taste in my mouth!Putee!

I was told by a CM ( not the Mgr. ) that I could go and pick one up from an outside dealer...they would not know the difference between the outside ones and personal ones.

Just back from a weekend at FtW and we saw lots of people with not-from-the-bikebarn golf carts.

I am on the phone with the bike barn right now and am SO ANGRY.

The first CM that answered the phone did not even know about the embargo on outside vendors. I had to ask her to double check with someone else.

Another person explained to me that due to security reasons they do not want carts that are dropped off to just be "hanging around unattended."

Well, I'm really frosted about this. Not only do they not have availability on the 15th of November, we will still not get there by the time the bike barn closes at 6:00pm.
Because we are arriving so late we had planned to use our Golf Cart Enterprises cart to spending the evening touring the resort and seeing all the sites. Now we won't even be able to do that.

If Disney is going to make this type of decision they had better have alternative plans in place to accomodate their guests. Since we are only going to be there for four nights...spending the evening touring the resort is not something that
can be replaced with another activity.

I am 30 seconds away from cancelling this trip all-together.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Crowsie

I just called to reserve 2 carts for our December stay.
Since I know we can't use GCE anymore, I want to make sure we are covered. I asked the CM about 6 person carts being available in December and she said all the carts fit 6 people. She is talking about the smaller golf carts that they have always had. I guess they think you can squeeze 6 people on there? I didn't even think this was allowed.

You might have a hard time fitting 6 adults on the cart, but you will often see 4 adults and a couple of kids. The signs say a limit of 4, but you know how that works.

Barbara
202 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter