Golf Cart -- Worth it or Not?

fortcampers, did you read my mind? I was just getting ready to post that it would do my family some good to do some extra walking but a cart for one day would be fun. We'll only be there 4 full days with at least one of those spent in the parks. I'm still trying to figure out for which day to reserve one...how far in advance should I do this? We'll be checking in a week from this Fri! :cool1:

We book a golf cart for 2 days during our 4-Day Trip in December, nothing beats "looping" during Christmas Time.

In fact we took the advice of lots of folks, and booked early!

fortcampers, did you read my mind? I was just getting ready to post that it would do my family some good to do some extra walking but a cart for one day would be fun. We'll only be there 4 full days with at least one of those spent in the parks. I'm still trying to figure out for which day to reserve one...how far in advance should I do this? We'll be checking in a week from this Fri! :cool1:

If you are going a week from Friday CALL NOW!!! They may be sold out already!!!

Hoosiergirl----I'm not sure about reserving in advance---this was our first time at the Fort. We've always done hotels off-site with our large family of 6. I'm sure someone will chime in about reserving in advance, which will also help us the next time we go. Does anyone know how early in advance to reserve a golf cart for 1, 2 or even 7 days? Thanks!

I'm sure we're being over cautious, but we reserved it 8 Months ahead. I would rather know we have it booked, then panic days before.

It's just that important to have a Cart that weekend in December!

My two Pressed pennys.......

You can reserve a golf cart up to a year in advance.

Count me in with the majority. If you can afford it, it's worth it. As the others said, it's part of the Fort experience. And if you don't have a potty at your campsite, it's a lifesaver for those early morning nature calls when your site is 432 feet from the comfort station. :)

That's why we have the trunk to put the beer cooler in! Anything to make my brother's stay more enjoyable!!:thumbsup2

For our family, a cart is a must. Once we started going to the Fort, we ended up purchasing a golf cart. We really enjoy it and my girls love riding around.... plus we are way too lazy to walk the Fort - with my two little girls, it would take us all day. I think my husband and I would end up carrying them most of the time and I do not think my back could take it.

Have a great time on your trip!!!

No Question about it you NEED a cart. It has inspired us so much to buy our own that we use around our house & when camping. Just to point out we are not lazy people,we are active, but you'd be walking miles if you wanted to take advantage of any of the fun around the campground~ it is a huge place.

A little story one night we took the boat to magic Kingdom for the fireworks after a long day @ another park. WELL the boats had stopped running to the campground and we had to come home on a bus.... Well from the bus stop we had to walk like at least a mile w/ 2 tired kids in the dark it was a nightmare! If you have a golf cart you can leave it plugged in at many of the locations down near the petting zoo,marina area which is right where the bus stop is too! Always make sure you know when the boats stop coming back to the campground for that matter the buses too!

Do they require a credit card when you call to reserve the cart ahead of time or is this something they just make a note of and you pay once you get there?

Thanks in advance!

Colleen

No Question about it you NEED a cart.

A little story one night we took the boat to magic Kingdom for the fireworks after a long day @ another park. WELL the boats had stopped running to the campground and we had to come home on a bus.... Well from the bus stop we had to walk like at least a mile w/ 2 tired kids in the dark it was a nightmare!

Unless it was after 2:30 in the morning, you should have been able to take a bus back to your loop!!! There is no reason to walk through the campground except from about 2:30 am - 6:30 am.

What number do you call?? What do they require for you to put a cart on hold??? Credit card??

Howdy!

We just booked last week. They took a Credit Card number to hold it, but we won't be charged until we pick it up. Unless we don't cancel within 24 hrs, then we get charged for 1 day's rent!

I booked our golf cart about ten months in advance. Two weeks before our trip, my DH says, "Let's cancel it. We could use the exercise." He has lost 134 pounds and has kept it off for five years so EVERYTHING is about exercise.

Well....no sooner do we get there and wait and wait and wait for a bus and then lug on our three year old that wants to be held all the time does he say, "Let's go see if we can get a golf cart." Of course, they were completely sold out so we put our names on the list and we got one but not until Thursday which was four days into our trip. During those four days, it took us forever to get anywhere and one of us was always carrying our child. I tried really hard not to say told ya so.

The golf cart is really a must if you have small children. It made our lives so much easier and we didn't have to wait for the FW buses to come around. Plus, it was really nice to take our son for a ride during naptime. It kind of forced him to actually take a break from all of the action.

Next time, we will definitely get the golf cart. If your children are smaller, I would really suggest it.

What number do you call?? What do they require for you to put a cart on hold??? Credit card??

I called the Bike Barn at (407) 824-2742. I only had to wait about 5 minutes on hold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter