Golf Cart Enterprises: opinions?

RoguePony

Earning My Ears
We're renting a cart from GCE for the first time. I have one reserved through Fort Wilderness, but before I cancel that, what has people's experience been like with Golf Cart Enterprises?

They said I don't need a confirmation number because I'm on the schedule and reserved with my credit card. I just have to a couple of days before and set up the delivery time to the FW parking lot. The other thing is: their site said you had to pay a $15 fee for a windshield, but the person I spoke with said that all the carts came with windshields.

Their prices are great; I just would like to hear if everyone had a good experience with them before I give up my reservation with the Outpost.

Thanks!

I suggest you give them a call.

As of this past month, GCE is telling folks that they can no longer deliver carts to the Fort. You can only pick them up from their place of business, and they only have a couple of trailers available.

TCD

Definitely call them if you were expecting a delivery at the Fort. As of a week ago they were still trying to "work things out" with Disney, but were not able to regain access to deliveries. As TCD mentioned, you can rent one of their trailers to go pick up your cart if that's an option for you.

We rented from GCE last year (when they could still deliver) and their service was terrific. They were very on the ball, on time, and quite pleasant to work with.

We actually had 4 carts reserved with them for right now (for us and friends) but ended up cancelling when they were not going to be able to deliver. While we could have gone to pick up our cart, that wasn't an option for our friends, and we didn't want to spend a ton of time going back and forth to get all 4 carts.

At pretty much the last minute, we called Kenny at Tee Time - another off-site rental company that lots of people here have used. For some reason (we all suspect because he keeps a very low profile) he has not been booted out by Disney - not yet at least (keeping fingers crossed).

Kenny managed to book us 4 carts, offered us a terrific rate (we're here 3 weeks, our friends 2) was super to work with and delivered the carts 2 at a time. His service is also terrific - when DH was whining he got a super pokey cart that couldn't get out of its own way, Kenny was happy to come switch it out for us while we were at Hollywood Studios so the new one was waiting when we returned.

Here's Kenny's info from the Golf Cart Thread...

Tee Time Golf Cart Rental (Kenny)
(no website)
email:ttimegolfcarts@aol.com

Costs for 4 person carts (as reported by DISers in early 2009, call for current pricing)
approx. $224-$240/7 days (as reported here - call for current pricing)
$300/10 days
$470.80/month-31 days (as reported here 6/19/09 - call for current pricing)

Prices include delivery (6am - 9pm), taxes, plastic rolldown rain shield, head & tail lights, and a windshield.

30% cancellation fee within 2 weeks of scheduled delivery.

4 person carts only.

Just double check the current rates, as that was posted a little while ago. And actually I think the rate we got was even better. :thumbsup2

Good luck!

I actually got a call from GCE just as I was about to call them; we arranged to rent a trailer from them and get the cart.

But now I'm wondering if I should call Tee Time.

I had to cancel mine today, no time to go pick up the cart, if I am going to go to all that trouble I will just bring mine.

We rented 4 carts from them in Oct and they were great to deal with. I am a very cautious person and to deal with a company so far away and give them a credit card number, etc, etc. Very reliable and trustworthy.

I highly recommend Kenny at Tee Time. Super guy!! we rented from him a couple of weeks ago. He is very customer focused. We will definetely use him the next time we are at the Fort.

Thank you, everyone! Sounds like we're in good hands with either company.

We left a voicemail on Friday for Kenny at Tee Time, but he hasn't called back yet; I just sent a followup email. Hopefully he can still deliver. If not, we'll go with our GCE rental. They're being very good to us, but it's a 2 hour pickup and return of the trailer each time.

I rented from GCE last month, it took about 30 mins to drive up and pick it up. Its not that far to go, its just a pita. The trailer has small tires so I stored the trailer under my TT out of the way and safer than worring about it out in the overflow lot and I didn't have to make another 2 trips to return it and then get it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter