• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golf Cart Accident

Please forgive my stupidity, but what is the point of lifting a golf cart? Decorating it to one's heart content is understood, but higher off the ground????? Why?

It's a guy thing lol. I have a lifted cart and it looks good. If it stays lifted I'll just be more careful. The guy in that mile high lifted cart is pathetic though. That is an accident waiting to happen because it will flip very easy.

It's a guy thing lol. I have a lifted cart and it looks good. If it stays lifted I'll just be more careful. The guy in that mile high lifted cart is pathetic though. That is an accident waiting to happen because it will flip very easy.

I agree Donnie, but it sure does look good.

hey, watch it! you won't catch me in a cart that isn't lifted. there is a reason that we own 2. I WOULDN'T LET DH DRIVE MINE. :thumbsup2

Please forgive my stupidity, but what is the point of lifting a golf cart? Decorating it to one's heart content is understood, but higher off the ground????? Why?

Take your stock cart offroad. Let me know when you are stuck because I will still be floating in the mud and the muck having a good time. Also I am 6'2" and a taller cart is easier to get in and out of.

Hey wait a minute. It's not just a guy thing! I drive a lifted golf cart and a rather large lifted truck. Everywhere we go he gets the comments "nice truck, nice golf cart" and he tells them "thanks, it's my wife's!" I tell my husband, "you see honey, it's all about the lift and rims. :cool2:

I'd love to hear that she is okay.

Gatordad, I'm disappointed. I made my return to the board a few weeks ago and totally expected a snarky comment from you. Instead, chirping crickets.

Meg

Gatordad's been on facebook mostly..... Less questions about the busses and should I rent a golf cart.

This one? It would be cool to see at a golf cart show, but a bit too much for the Fort. IMHO

WDWGG187.jpg

I saw this guy getting burned...... The 3 disney suits looking at it, and shaking their heads.... lol..

Found out today that she is now out of ICU and is expected to make a full recovery.

Good thing Donnie, the Fort Wilderness Mayor, does not violate Disney's cart rules. We don't need another Mayor scandal.

Good thing Donnie, the Fort Wilderness Mayor, does not violate Disney's cart rules. We don't need another Mayor scandal.

Golf cart scandal is the least of my worries. There's pics of me with a pregnant nun floating around on facebook. I have damage control to take care of.

Tigg was talking to MikeyMobile and they said the drive was very drunk, took the turn to fast and the one side of the cart went off the road. and the dropp as the 2 wheels went off the blacktop caused it to flip. The little girls was on the rear seat but it was flipped out as a flat bed at the time.

There was a Clubcar Carryall that was wa lifted very high in our loop. The floor was up to my chest. Disney told them that they were not allowed to drive it. That was on Friday. They took it out once it got dark on Sat night and after about 15 min they were escored back by a cast member.

I also think that they should stop letting people use Mules and the other side by side UTVs. Some of them can go 50 Mph.

Tigg was talking to MikeyMobile and they said the drive was very drunk, took the turn to fast and the one side of the cart went off the road. and the dropp as the 2 wheels went off the blacktop caused it to flip. The little girls was on the rear seat but it was flipped out as a flat bed at the time.

There was a Clubcar Carryall that was wa lifted very high in our loop. The floor was up to my chest. Disney told them that they were not allowed to drive it. That was on Friday. They took it out once it got dark on Sat night and after about 15 min they were escored back by a cast member.

I also think that they should stop letting people use Mules and the other side by side UTVs. Some of them can go 50 Mph.

I taked to an OCSO Deputy that was at the site of the cart and he said alcohol was not a factor with the 92 cart. Could be wrong and maybe he didn't want to say.

I taked to an OCSO Deputy that was at the site of the cart and he said alcohol was not a factor with the 92 cart. Could be wrong and maybe he didn't want to say.

They may have just given him a break. He has enough to worry about now.

I may have been wrong about the seat belt. It obviously couldn't be used if the seat was down. I assumed because she was sitting on the seat after the accident, but that could have just been used after the kart was rolled back over.

I also heard alcohol was not a factor and he swerved to avoid an oncoming cart with no lights. Unless someone actually speaks to the parents, we will never get the real story as cart deniers will distort the truth...they simply cannot help it.

I honestly hope they do not ban private carts. I just don't think I can afford to come to the fort as much as I do.....if I had to rent a cart. I might not even come at all. If I had to pay for a site AND a cart that almost (I said almost) doubles the price for us. We actually bought our cart to use just at the Fort!

Every year......from when my daughter was 18-22 was pulled over each and every time she drove a cart. They said she looked too young to drive! Of course she WAS old enough!!! But this year was the ONLY year she was not pulled over. I was actually upset that she was not. I also felt Disney Security wasn't looking at cart drivers! Also I am seeing a lot of parents with young children sitting on their laps driving.....and it makes me so upset! All it takes is one sharp turn and FLIP!!!!!!!!

I hope the little girl is okay!

I did see a CM stop a woman last week with a small child on her lap driving. Made me feel good that someone there cared enough to say something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter