Golden Mickeys on Magic????

dlawallace

I believe in the Magic!!!
I just got our detailed cruise guide in an email. It says the Golden Mickeys show will be playing??? It didn't mention any other shows besides that one :confused3:confused3

I didn't think Golden Mickeys was on the Magic??

:confused3 I copied and pasted from the guide

FUN ABOARD THE DISNEY MAGIC (cont'd)
Vibe
This coffeehouse-themed hangout—complete with dance floor and snack bar—provides teens
ages 14 to 17 a haven for enjoying movies, video games and new friends.

The Golden Mickeys
The whole family can enjoy a glitzy, Broadway-caliber musical production featuring your
favorite Disney characters.

I'm a newbie so I know nothing about the shows, but we are on the same cruise and I'm curious about the e-mail! Is it from Disney or your TA?

The Golden Mickeys has always been on the Magic and Wonder. It is shown on formal night on the 7 night cruises. The Magic also has Dreams and the Cinderella based show (can't remember the name right now). The Wonder has Dreams and Toy Story.

disneyfaninaz said:
The Golden Mickeys has always been on the Magic and Wonder. It is shown on formal night on the 7 night cruises. The Magic also has Dreams and the Cinderella based show (can't remember the name right now). The Wonder has Dreams and Toy Story.

The Golden Mickeys is not on the Magic curently. They do Twice Charmed on formal night. Villains Tonight is the third show on the Magic.

We just returned there was no Golden Mickeys on the Magic during our cruse, it was Twice Charmed(which was the best of all of the productions)..Villians Tonight which was a great production, and one other one, I think it was Dreams but no Golden Mickeys(but they do sell golden mickeys in the gift shops)

The Golden Mickeys has NEVER been on the Magic. It was only on the Wonder until the Dream was built, now it's on that ship also. My daughter works for DCL and is on the Magic right now with her second contract as a mainstage performer (she's Anne Marie in Disney Dreams and Drizella in Twice Charmed). Formal night has always been the Twice Charmed show on the Magic.

The Golden Mickeys has NEVER been on the Magic. It was only on the Wonder until the Dream was built, now it's on that ship also. My daughter works for DCL and is on the Magic right now with her second contract as a mainstage performer (she's Anne Marie in Disney Dreams and Drizella in Twice Charmed). Formal night has always been the Twice Charmed show on the Magic.

I'm sorry, I beg to differ. Golden Mickeys was on the Magic because I watched it twice on my cruises. It may not have been on formal night as it is on the Wonder but at least 3 years ago, Golden Mickeys was on the Magic.

Congrats on your daughter, she is very lucky to be performing on board.

I'm sorry, I beg to differ. Golden Mickeys was on the Magic because I watched it twice on my cruises. It may not have been on formal night as it is on the Wonder but at least 3 years ago, Golden Mickeys was on the Magic.

Congrats on your daughter, she is very lucky to be performing on board.

Agree with you disneyfaninaz, I've been on the Magic 4 times, and only the last cruise last year didn't have the Golden Mickeys. The other 3 cruises did have it. The cruise last year had Twice Charmed, Dreams and Villains Tonight. I love Twice Charmed and Dreams, but would be perfectly happy never seeing Villains Tonight again.

Agree with you disneyfaninaz, I've been on the Magic 4 times, and only the last cruise last year didn't have the Golden Mickeys. The other 3 cruises did have it. The cruise last year had Twice Charmed, Dreams and Villains Tonight. I love Twice Charmed and Dreams, but would be perfectly happy never seeing Villains Tonight again.

I agree! I haven't seen Villians yet, but I absolutely loved Twice Charmed and Dreams. I got to see Dreams again on the Wonder recently and fell in love all over again with it. Likewise, I would be perfectly happy never seeing Toy Story again.

jczosack said:
The Golden Mickeys has NEVER been on the Magic.
This is a wrong statement. I have seen the Golden Mickeys at least three times on the Magic. First time in '05 on the first west bound Panama Canal cruise which was my first DCL cruise. Saw it on two seven nighters have taken on the Magic as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry, not true. Golden Mickeys was on the Magic until it was replaced by Villains. I've seen it on the Magic with several people in the "live feed" role--Roy Disney, Whoopie Goldberg, etc. Not sure when it ended, but it was definitely on the Magic in May, 2009 (Love Tarzan!)

Twice Charmed is actually one of the "newer" shows....as in only maybe 7 or 8 years old!

They can't swap shows between ships easily because of the scenery storage issues involved.

I have seen The Golden Mickeys 2x on The Magic, once in 2007 and then again in 2008! Just saying. And no it wasn't on the ship this past year when I was on her 2x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter