• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golden Forest _ Is it worth it for only 2 nights ?

princessjodiebo

Mouseketeer
So i am getting closer to the official booking day for march and i am still undecided on where to stay ?

We are going by plane and then ezyshuttle which still works out way cheaper than eurostar and should be arriving at the hotel about 12 midday

We then would need to leave about half 4 2 nights later - i have had a look and the park should be open til 10 both nights plus with 2 older children we should be able to fit everything in and still have chill time

We are going as a belated 13th birthday trip for my son after a really crappy year - My dad has been battling kidney cancer and after having surgery to remove one along with a 7lb tumour he is offically all clear !!

We didn't have time to book anything this year as it was all up in the air but budget permitting i want to make this as special as i can for all of us

He wants to stay in either the new york or the sequoia and i have been to the new york but never the sequioa so was wondering if people had any thoughts or advice

Is Golden forest worth it ?

We are also planning christmas next year there too am i right in thinking that the new york will be shut by then ?

Just trying to work out what would be best as we are only there for such a short time :confused3:confused3

Hi,

Sorry your family have had such a rough year. Sounds like you need a Disney break!!

I have never stayed in the Sequoia Lodge before but I have booked it for next summer and we are staying golden forest despite characters being removed.

I chose to go ahead with Golden Forest as it's a special trip as I will be taking my family. We will be there for 4 nights but my thinking was that there is a seperate dining area, so less queing...you would expect off the back of this, plenty of selection. Also there will be an 'american breakfast' and a lounge offering drinks and snacks...good if your at the pool for some of the day. Finally, I believe the golden forest rooms have a fridge.

It's worth noting, I also love the HNY and they also do a cooked breakfast, this is my regular. From reviews, I don't think you or your son will be disappointed with either!

Good luck in your decision.

K.

Sounds like your family need a treat so, as you say, you want it to be special!

I haven't stayed at the SL before, but we are going for 2 nights (3 full days) shortly and doing GF there - we've only stayed at the DLH before this trip! But I've wanted to try the SL for ages and think it's a great theme for autumn/winter!

I am not sure what is happening with the HNY but I think the fact you don't have a breakfast slot at GF SL is a winner for me! I really couldn't cope with being told I have to go to breakfast at a certain slot:lmao:.

I appreciate you may not use the afternoon tea bit with only being there 2 nights (we intend to use it on the Saturday as we hope the children will have a little lie down in the afternoon), but I think there are free drinks right up to 10.30 pm so you may use it then?

I think the fridge is a plus too, and I believe the rooms are often on higher floors so sometimes have some kind of view - even if it's not of the park/lakeside.

Bell hop is another plus - I will be on my own with my children on arrival, so any help with bags is a boon!

Just another couple of options to think about though:

How about a GF lakeview room - it could be nice, although a little more money - for 2 nights, we decided not to bother tbh.

Or, how about waiting until Jan in case there is a flash sale - you might even get the DLH for a decent price then!? I think someone on here said the French site may have a flash sale around that time. March will be cold, so the proximity to the parks would be a bonus!

Have you considered NPB admirals floor? It's not my cup of tea as a hotel and I can't really ever see us staying in it but apparently plenty of the rooms have been refurbished and are nice.

i was thinking about hanging on for a flash sale but the current offer includes free half board

For the 2 nights in a golden forest room for the 4 of us is just under 750

To be honest i don't know if thats good or not - its from sun - tues

What would you do - hang on or just book ??

I can't honestly make up my mind :/

Maybe book my flights/eurostar and then just hang on for a flash sale unless people think the free half board offer is the best im gunna get ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter