Golden Eagle Catamaran or Orient beach?

Princess Olivia

DIS Veteran
Hi. The Golden Eagle Catamaran sounds great. It's the only formal excursion I have booked for me, Dh, DD9, DS8, my mother and niece 17. We are planning beach visits in St Thomas on our own. Is this excursion fun and worth the time? Would we have a better time at Orient beach? Hate to be stressing over this semi silly stuff but I am!! Thank you to AWOL who addressed this with me earlier. Would love to hear some experiences from people who have done both. Thanks.

Jennifer

I'd do the golden eagle catamaran. It's a lot of fun... I think the beaches are better in St Thomas/St. John,so you will have a great beach day there, as well as at castaway.

From everything I've seen and heard - you can't go wrong with the Golden Eagle. We've talked to people that have done it and they had a great time.

I've been to Orient Beach and it is a beautiful beach, the water was great. The surrounding area is very pretty. There are services and watersport and naked people watching. There were 7 of us and it was less than $70 for all of us to get there and back again, rent chairs and umbrellas - much less expensive than paying DCL for about the same thing (ok, DCL's excursion includes a lunch - but for $30+ per person you can get a very nice lunch!!)

We did Golden Eagle Catamaran back in January 2002 and had a great time! The crew was wonderful. We had at least 40+ DISers onbard and eveyone had a blast. I can still remember sailing back to the Magic and everyone dancing to 'YMCA"

We did the Golden Eagle in 2002 and it was one of the best excursions we ever did. It was a lot of fun. My family wanted to do it again this upcoming cruise but I talked them into a tour of the island this time.

I did get seasick on the way out to the beach because the captain was hitting every wave..but my kids thought it was great. Coming back it was a lot calmer. Hope this helps!!

You guys are the best! This is just the stuff I was hoping to hear. So far The Golden Eagle looks like my best bet. I can't wait now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter