GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Coffee Swap 2012 OPENINGS

Hi everyone!

We're back home and our fridge swapping went just perfectly! I had bit of a fright picking the fridge up from Luggage Services but it was mostly the CM not really looking carefully. When we arrived, there were two brown carts painted to look like suitcases sitting in the driveway near Luggage Services. The CM helping me looked in the first cart but not the second cart! I asked if I could look for myself - and guess where the box was? Bingo! Second cart, large as life with my name all over it. :rolleyes: Just goes to show - be nice but persistent if the CM's tell you they can't find the box.

The fridge works great, just be careful getting stuff too close to the freezer compartment if you don't want it frozen. I put my DH's prime rib left overs too close. Sorry honey. The "goody box" was a great bonus! Thank you a thousand times to whomever added the Febreze! I forgot to pack that and it rescued a few things that I wanted to re-wear. Goofy22 let me know she picked up the fridge with no problems after I dropped if off for her.

Thanks for letting me participate!

I am scheduled to have the fridge from 10/15 to 10/22 but will be changing my dates to earlier in October. Hopefully opening up this slot helps someone else that would like to use the fridge that week. :goodvibes

Sorry for the delay in getting back to PM's. I had to have surgery in July then husband had surgery in Aug, then school started. Bottom line I forgot you guys. Sorry:flower3:
I am back. I have responded to all PM's and updated all the cancellations and additions. Welcome new swappers. Fingers crossed to those in wait list. And thanks for sticking with me everyone.
I am already getting requests for next year which makes me very happy:yay:. I am glad I took this fridge over and can add a little magic to so may disboard friends. Have great trips and enjoy every minute.:wizard:

Everything went great ! I took some pics to get posted here as soon as I can of the frig and box etc.. so everyone can see what their looking for! I swapped in person with MickeyMinnie so the freig is in her possesion now :) The frig works great! The coffee pot IDK I didnt use it! The toaster I tried to use but could not get the arm to engage to toast I even tried holding it down with no luck! I don't think its going to work so if you really want one I would have someone donate a new one ! Although I did leave it just incase I was having bad luck! LOl but my 17 yr old tried to and also was unsuccessful! Extremesoccer Mom Thankyou for organizing this swap it's a great help! I also added some ponchos and boxes of cereal that we didnt use! If anyone is looking to use the coffee cups disposable ones with lids there are only about 6 in the box! If you have any questions ask me Ill see if I can answer! Also there was a lunch tray from the food court taped across the back im assuming the vent cover broke or fell off but the frig is working fine idk when that was done but that's how I recieved it I have a pic of that also! ;)

Hello,

I'll be at POP from Oct 14-Oct 23 and if Oct 15 to Oct 22 is still available then I'd like to reserve the fridge.

Thanks

I have you penciled in but you will need to make 9 more posts somewhere or just a bunch here so you can PM me your information.
Welcome.
Hello,

I'll be at POP from Oct 14-Oct 23 and if Oct 15 to Oct 22 is still available then I'd like to reserve the fridge.

Thanks

You can open up my slot from Dec 29 - Jan 8.

I bought into DVC and I was able to book DVC for this trip. :cool1:

I hope someone can pick it up.

Thanks

NOTICE as of 9/14/11 the Fridge is missing. I will be placing a call tomorrow to see if I can find it and get back on track.

I hope it shows up as well - would love to know what is going on as I have a $80 Garden Grocer order I will need to cancel.

I am so sorry. I have been calling everyday since I found out. Our fridge still has not been found. I have a feeling that someone else got it by mistake. There were 2 other fridges in storage but not ours. The gold stars are no longer on the box making it more difficult to find. I will continue to call through this week then I guess I will have to close the thread. I am as upset as all of you. I had the swap for 3 years.

I feel absolutely aweful that the fridge has not been located. I don't understand how they can Lose an entire fridge. Why do they not even check things to make sure the correct person is receiving something from the luggage department? I am not sure what I could have done differently, but I feel like there should have been something. I'm so sorry everyone.

I am so sorry. I have been calling everyday since I found out. Our fridge still has not been found. I have a feeling that someone else got it by mistake. There were 2 other fridges in storage but not ours. The gold stars are no longer on the box making it more difficult to find. I will continue to call through this week then I guess I will have to close the thread. I am as upset as all of you. I had the swap for 3 years.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Sandi. You are probably right that it was given to the wrong person. Maybe when they check out, it will 'appear'. :wizard:

We went to luggage services three times and asked different people each time about the fridge. No luck. :(

First time I ever went to get a fridge that was in luggage services for so long. They told me there were two fridges in storage, but not the one from our swap.

We went to luggage services three times and asked different people each time about the fridge. No luck. :(

First time I ever went to get a fridge that was in luggage services for so long. They told me there were two fridges in storage, but not the one from our swap.

It is funny. When you look at the other swaps, they all look like they are being used. So why are there 2 fridges in storage? Maybe you can use one of those...doesn't look like anyone is missing one. :rolleyes1

It is funny. When you look at the other swaps, they all look like they are being used. So why are there 2 fridges in storage? Maybe you can use one of those...doesn't look like anyone is missing one. :rolleyes1

I thought about that. If anyone finds a new fridge to keep this going let me know.

Luggage services won't usually give you things that aren't addressed to you (or a name that you know). I did ask if we could use one of those fridges. I threw out a heck of a lot of half used baby food jars since we didn't have a fridge.

I'm assuming that it still hasn't been found :confused: We will be there on the 10th and my inlaws have offered to let us have their small fridge to bring with us since we are driving down. Didn't really want to do that, but I guess we will.:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter