Gold Ears Discontinued?!

WDWLIGHTNINGZ

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Title Says All!</
On VMK Fansite there is a thread saying that someone went to DLR and they are no longer handing out cards for gold ears!

Can anyone confirm this?

Don't know about DLR, but they are still giving out cards at WDW :).

someone on vmk the other day tried to tell me that they won't take the hidden mickey print outs for gold stuff anymore, but I didn't believe them. I have a friend that's going there within a week so she'll find out then when she turns in my print out for me.

And I don't think the real gold ears are supposed to stop until the end of September, though my friend that works there said it could be as early as the end of this month, so I don't really see the vmk card ones going away until the real ones do.

:o

gold ears discontinued? well that's sad but at least they might be considered rare now :D

Just back from DL.

Saw someone turn in the Gold Edition Quest today.

Penny Press cards are in the Pooh store by Splash.

Gold Ear cards are in the Candy store by the Pooh Store.

July is the 51st birthday. There have been rumors that the 50th stuff (gold) will end on the 51st birthday. Cast members at DLR state that it is an 18 month celebration - ending in December. I wonder if this is part of the confusion.

- Disney Dreams

Peacefully said:
someone on vmk the other day tried to tell me that they won't take the hidden mickey print outs for gold stuff anymore, but I didn't believe them. I have a friend that's going there within a week so she'll find out then when she turns in my print out for me.

And I don't think the real gold ears are supposed to stop until the end of September, though my friend that works there said it could be as early as the end of this month, so I don't really see the vmk card ones going away until the real ones do.

I had someone tell me the very same thing~ the gold collections is most certainly still being given out at WDW with a voucher from the hidden Mickey Quest.

looking at gold mickey ears card right now says Redeemable through September 30, 2006 on back of card in small print

Fonna said:
I had someone tell me the very same thing~ the gold collections is most certainly still being given out at WDW with a voucher from the hidden Mickey Quest.

Good. I figured they were just trying to get me to trade for their stuff. Like I'd trade a gold penny press for invisibility magic (which I didn't want to trade in the first place) anyway.

Was just there last night. I asked for cards for the 2 pirate hats we bought, and got handed a stack of about 15.. so yes, they still have em!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter