Gold AP question

Corinne

DIS Veteran aka DVCTink
i have always ordered AP's online in the past. I ordered the gold pass through member services and received the confirmation number (which I added to MDE profile, but since have lost). We never received the green exchange card, do they still send them?? Help.

In the past only if you ordered the exchange card. Since you entered the AP to your profile, that is your proof of an AP.

:earsboy: Bill

i have always ordered AP's online in the past. I ordered the gold pass through member services and received the confirmation number (which I added to MDE profile, but since have lost). We never received the green exchange card, do they still send them?? Help.

As long as you have it in MDE, you should be OK. They should be able to pull it up from there. Member Services should also have record of it.

When we tried to get an AP discount, we needed to show a card, provided with our Magic Band order, to prove we were AP holder. Also needed photo ID.

In the past only if you ordered the exchange card. Since you entered the AP to your profile, that is your proof of an AP.

:earsboy: Bill
Thanks Bill, but to Bill PA's point, they always ask to see your AP for discounts. Will I still be able to get one?

Thanks Bill, but to Bill PA's point, they always ask to see your AP for discounts. Will I still be able to get one?

Yes. You still have to activate when you arrive and they will give you the card then. Although most of the same discounts are also given to DVC these days so you could use that card also.

Trying to determine if we should get AP's for our next two trips, the cost will be close, but what are the discounts actually. The website just says "dining" and is the photo pass with the ap like memory maker? That could be the tie breaker! Thanks :cloud9:

When we tried to get an AP discount, we needed to show a card, provided with our Magic Band order, to prove we were AP holder. Also needed photo ID.
Passholder Cards are no longer sent with Passholder MagicBands. If you need a Passholder card for Discounts, you will need to get one from Guest Relations or a Park Ticket Window.

Trying to determine if we should get AP's for our next two trips, the cost will be close, but what are the discounts actually. The website just says "dining" and is the photo pass with the ap like memory maker? That could be the tie breaker! Thanks :cloud9:

The AP dining discounts are close to being the same as the discounts you can get with your DVC member card, usually 10% off at a number of restaurants, although some of those exclude dinner times. Go here for comparison tables: http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf. I would not buy the AP for the dining discounts.

Cannot say whether the photopass you get with the AP is the same as memory maker but the AP photopass gives you for download, for no extra charge, all the photos taken of your group by Disney photographers in the parks and the ride photos, and you have up to a year after the photos are taken to do the download before they are erased in Disney's system.

Trying to determine if we should get AP's for our next two trips, the cost will be close, but ... is the photo pass with the ap like memory maker? That could be the tie breaker! Thanks :cloud9:

Yes, the AP PhotoPass is like Memory Maker but better, because each photo is available for download for a year after it's taken rather than just for 45 days. We love it - would never buy MM for just DH & myself, but we've gotten many fun/lovely photos now of the two of us, thanks to APs!

Yes. You still have to activate when you arrive and they will give you the card then. Although most of the same discounts are also given to DVC these days so you could use that card also.
Thanks Kathy, you have had the answers to all my questions lately!:littleangel:
I'm wondering, when did I become a newbie!??!:laughing:

Thanks Kathy, you have had the answers to all my questions lately!:littleangel:
I'm wondering, when did I become a newbie!??!:laughing:

:goodvibes Just glad to share some of the knowledge I've gleaned over my numerous trips this last year! I had a couple that weren't part of our normal including my first Run Disney event and had Memory Maker for the first time and then got it again with the Gold AP when that offering came out so had to learn that too! I've felt rather newbie-ish this year too! Need any info on the Darkside race participation?! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter