• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gold AP 2017 block out dates

syng0

Mouseketeer
Anyone knows when will Disney release the block out dates for their gold AP for 2017 ? I'm trying to plan for annual pass this summer and then use it for a 4/1 - 4/8/17 trip. Wondering if the days will be blocked out before I purchase.

The blackout dates should just be the week before and after Easter. 4/8 will likely be a blackout day in 2017, but the rest of your trip would be clear.

Anyone knows when will Disney release the block out dates for their gold AP for 2017 ? I'm trying to plan for annual pass this summer and then use it for a 4/1 - 4/8/17 trip. Wondering if the days will be blocked out before I purchase.

You could always get gold and upgrade if for some reason the blackout dates are diff.

The blackout dates should just be the week before and after Easter. 4/8 will likely be a blackout day in 2017, but the rest of your trip would be clear.
Are you basing this on this year? I assumed (and certainly possibly incorrectly) that the dates this year had to do with both Easter, and college spring breaks.

But this year the Saturday the weekend before Easter was blacked out, so if that pattern holds, the 8th next year would be blacked out

1. The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: December 17, 2015 – January 1, 2016 and March 19, 2016 – April 1, 2016, December 19 – 31, 2016. January 1 – 2, 2017.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Strangely there's no mention of Easter timings in 2017

Probably because the do not want to commit.

I am fine with the black out days, but really (and perhaps even legally), they should be required to tell me if 1 year from yesterday is a black out date. People buying an annual pass today should be given that information.

When do they usually announce the blackout dates for the following year? Yes I would think that they would have to disclose to people purchasing annual passes in April starting next month what the blackout dates would be for April next year when their pass is still valid.

There is no usual time for an announcement yet for black-out dates for restricted APs since they were invented only in October 2015, and, at that time, Disney provided the dates you see on the site now.The Gold is supposed to have only Easter time and Christmas time black-out dates and based on the ones in 2016, you should assume that they will include April 8 to 21, 2017 for the Easter period and not time in April before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter