Going With The Flow - Day 10 - 30th July 2009

wicket2005

<font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H
Hi

All just getting ready to go out to a park, don't know which one yet (sheet didn't turn up). We all feel tons better for not theme parking yesterday, just needed a bit of a break from them. We are looking forward to going in one today now.

Scores on the doors today, 3 to 1, Hollywood Studios 3 Sea World 1, Craig is sure we are all conspiring.

Hope you are having a great day :cool1: What are the crowds like now?

The crowds today were quite bad. Thanks for reading.

We headed down to Hollywood Studios a bit later than scheduled, just 10 minutes but it made all the difference. We missed the rope drop so by the time we got to Toy Story Mania there was a 40 minute wait, we just fast passed it then walked back to Tower of Terror and Rock N Rollercoaster but both of these had longer lines than we cared to wait in.

Instead we went off and did the Great Movie Ride and the Backlot Tour which includes Catastrophe Canyon. We then walked back up to the Rock N Rollercoaster but the fast pass times were too late for us so we just went on Toy Story Mania. This is a great ride, both me and Craig won the beaver award s but for the first time Ian and Gary both got the cat award.

We then had lunch at Pizza Planet, I opted for a healthy chicken salad which I then smothered in Ranch Dressing which wasn't so healthy whilst they had the pizzas. Afterwards we spent some time wandering round the shops before catching the Camera Action Stunt show or whatever it is called, always get into a muddle with its name. We enjoyed the stunts.

The weather is red hot again as it has been for the majority of the holiday. We are back in the room whilst we get changed to go down to the pool. Poor Craig has lost his sunglasses at the moment, so I am going to have to see if I can find them. We are hoping they are in the car.

I'm so jealous that it's red hot in Orlando, the weather here is pants !! It sounds like you've had a fun time at DHS. Mmm, I love those salad dressings at Pizza Planet too :thumbsup2

Enjoy your chill at the pool ::yes::

No need to feel jealous Mandy, pants here at the moment, a t-storm has just rolled in, hopefully it will roll off soon.

Thankfully Craig had left his sunglasses in the car.

We had a pleasant lie by the pool and a dip in the cooling water, then the clouds started coming in, followed by those ominous spots of rain, now going full pelt, so we are back in the room. I think we will wait till it eases off a bit before going out.

At least it gives you a chance to put your feet up without feeling like you should be somewhere! Hope it clears up soon for you!

Too true Kymie, nice to just stop for a while.

Anyway with it raining quite heavily we decided to try Jake's Bar for tea, I know a fellow DISer had recommended it. I am so pleased we did we had a lovely meal, we all choose steak.

It was still raining but not quite as heavy as we made our way to Citywalk we had decided to buy tickets for the 9 pm showing of Ice Age 3 which I had been wanting to see before going into Universal.

In Universal we enjoyed going on The Mummy and Men in Black. We were also pleased to see people on Rip It Ride It Rocket, all employees, one of the CMs said the ride was opening soon. We are hoping to get a go on it before we leave.

The cinema in Citywalk is lovely and we very much enjoyed watching Ice Age 3 there. When we came out there was a band playing on CityWalk.

Orange Avenue, they sounded really good and have an another cd coming out soon. We listened till they had finished then strolled back to the hotel, on the look out for any snakes.

We had a message on the phone to say Ian had forgotten to sign the credit card receipt for his meal so he popped down with it. Now quite late so going to sleep.

Gary had the bright idea of deciding where we are going the night before so he knew what time to get up, ie onsite day means he can sleep in, Disney/Sea World he has to get up. Anyway the decision was 3 to 1 for Sea World with Ian voting for Animal Kingdom. We want to go on the Manta again.

Another fab day. Sorry about the rain but at least it seems to be over quickly.

Have a fun time at SeaWorld. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter