going with a baby... what about the rides?!

jacobsmama

Mouseketeer
We've booked our trip for february when our gorgeous little boy will be 1 (while we're there)! Just wondering what rides will he be allowed on? and how will he ride? he's only 7.5 months atm but already pretty much walking so by then he will be walking obviously and will not want to be stuck in his buggy all day so hoping he'll be able to go on some stuff to keep his interest! anyone know what he'll be able to do

TIA xxx

He will be able to go on most things in Fantasyland and quite a lot in the rest of the park and the Studios :)

After he has turned one anything with out a height restriction he will be a loud on.

Before he is one it's anything with out a height restriction, dumbo, tea cups, oribtron, buzz light year later blast, Casey junior and the flying carpets.

We took DD and 6 months and just before her 1st birthday (left less then 48 hours her birthday) we had a great time both times. The charcters will make a huge fuss of him DD has been so lucky with the interaction she has received.

If you have any other questions about taking a one year old I would be happy to help you x

thanks for you help!

tinks what was your lo like with the characters?! my only concern is him being a scared by them but he is a very sociable little boy xxx

DD loved them I worried for weeks before that she would be scared. If you see DD crying near a character it is because they arent giving her the attention. In my current TR there are pictures of her meeting Pluto he stands up to sign her autograph book and she started crying as soon as he knelt back down she stopped! LOL! Crazy child.

I would suggest taking them some where they can observe characters from a far watch other children meet them at one of the meet and greets. We went to the little performance they do on the stairs at the Disneyland Hotel at 4pm (Thurs-Sun) and let her just watch them. We weren't going to approach any one but Dale came over and waved and tickled her and she was fine.

We've just been, our youngest is 15 months - we went on Pinocchio, Dumbo, Snow White, Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Storybook boat ride, Playhouse Disney, Animagique, Alice's Labyrinth and a few others. Rides she was fine with (they were only gentle ones anyway obviously), the characters freaked her out to start with (she screamed when Minnie approached her at our hotel), she was really wary but as the week wore on she loved seeing them and pointing them out (especially Mickey who she loves) - even getting excited and by our last day she was sitting on Suzy's lap in Auberge!

Good luck, we had a great time and I'm sure you will too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter