Going to WDW in September!! But where to start?

LauraMichelle15

Disney World Summer 2013!!
Hi Guys,

My name is Laura and i live in the UK. Im new to this site so bare with me :)
Me and my boyfriend have booked to go to Walt Disney World from 1st-5th of September!! We're SOOOOO excited as its our first visit and i will have just have celebrated my 21st birthday!! The only thing is....i dont know where to start when it comes to planning what to do on each day and was wondering if i can get some tips and reccomendations on things to do and to fit everything into 5 days!
Here's some details:

Resort: Art of Animation little mermaid themed room (I know, awesome right?!)
Ticket: Magic your way with Park Hopper
Dining: Disney dining plan
:cheer2:

Where do i start guys? Do we dedicate a day to doing rides? or do them as we go round each park? Which park first? What firework shows/parades should we go to? Any resturants we should DEFINITELY try out? :confused3

Your thoughts would be much apreciated princess:

Welcome to the Disboards. :welcome:

1. Check out easywdw.com for recommended parks for each of your days. Because you are there for only 5 days, I'd recommend one day for each of the parks and then go back to your favourite park on the last day.

2. Spend some time looking at the various restaurant choices both in the parks and at the resorts. You can use the selections under the dining tab at the top of this page, or you can go to allears.net and look at the menus there. Pick the ones that appeal to you the most and don't rely too much on reviews. I'd recommend that you select your TS meals to coincide with the park you will be at that day- either in the park or at a nearby resort, to make transportation easier.

3. See if you can find a really good guide book at your local bookstore. The one that I always recommend is the Unofficial Guide to WDW.

And if you have any specific questions about the parks, resorts, dining, or transportation, feel free to ask on the various boards.

Just a heads up, the disney dining plan is a LOT of food. . In Hollywood Studios, get a fast pass for Toy Story Mania as soon as you can (as those run out really fast.) And have fun!!:cool1::cheer2:

You are gonna have a blast!
I agree with OP, check out easywdw.com for recommended parks per day. If you have hoppers, then you could take advantage of EMH: am, then hit a lesser crowded park or opposite for pm EMH.
I would take in the attractions and shows per park. WDW is HUGE!
For dining, go to allears.net. They have all menus of the restaurants per park and resort listed. There you can determine which places you are most interested in dining in.
The DDP is a great convenience. Another poster said it was a lot of food- that just depends on how much and how often you eat. If you are a 3 meals a day type of person, it may not be enough.

But most of all- have fun! Have fun in planning and have a fun and relaxing time while you're there!

Congrats on the upcoming trip! You will have so much fun. :goodvibes

The best advice I got going into my first Disney World trip is that the place is so big and has so many great attractions, restaurants, and experiences that it's impossible to do everything, barring a very long trip! But you'll still get to do plenty and have a very fulfilling vacation, with some planning.

Visit Disney's official site plus the unofficial-but-very-informative sites others have mentioned, and pick out the rides and shows that are a "must do." Do those early in your day; you don't have to sprint back and forth across the park to do it, but don't start your day with Country Bear Jamboree, Astro Orbiter, and Tom Sawyer's Island if the Big Thunder/Space/Splash Mountain trio is what you're excited about. Lines tend to be shorter in the morning as well. Consider everything that you get to do beyond the "must do" list (and unles your list of musts is huge, there should be plenty) to be bonus magic.

Animal Kingdom closes earlier than the other parks do; if you're thinking of visiting Downtown Disney, the end of your Animal Kingdom day is a good time to do it. Or, with the hopper option, you can go over to another park. I've always had the hoppers, but don't use them a lot due to the time it takes to get out of one park and over to and into the next one!

And finally, these boards are an amazing resource for tips, strategies, and pointing out some of the Disney magic that many tourists don't even know exists (such as Pick-a-Pearl at the Japan pavilion at Epcot).

Have fun planning!

Welcome!

I use Touring Plans to plan my days at WDW.

Definitely plan to be at Hollywood Studios for a rope drop (park opening) to get your Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania! You'll be able to ride it also after you get your FP.

I would plan a rope drop day for Epcot too to get FP for Soarin!

The dining plan offers a lot of food, so be sure to plan out your meals. Definitely make your ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations).
Do you want character meal? I recommend Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends for breakfast or lunch in the Magic Kingdom. Chefs de France in Epcot is really good too for dinner! I've also enjoyed Teppen Edo for dinner in Epcot.

Have a blast! You'll have almost as much fun planning as you will in the world. We went in Sept of 2011 and the lack of crowds was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter