• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to WDW for the 1st time w/o kids need planning help...

r3ngels

<font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu
Hi Guys,
I am very excited DH and I are going to WDW for the first time in Sept. It will be my DH's 40th birthday...

Where should we eat? What special things should we do? Would you do backstage magic or Keys to the world tour? I want some special things planned for him but don't know what to do...

The great thing about going without the kids is that y'all can do whatever you want! I would suggest a special dinner at the GF. What have y'all wanted to do, that you couldn't with the kids? Is there something that he'd love and you could surprise him with? Sorry I'm not more helpful, but the great thing about Disney is that no matter what you do, you'll have fun. :)

Hi Guys,
I am very excited DH and I are going to WDW for the first time in Sept. It will be my DH's 40th birthday...

Where should we eat? What special things should we do? Would you do backstage magic or Keys to the world tour? I want some special things planned for him but don't know what to do...

Here's a thread that I started when I was starting our plans. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2127856 There are lots of great ideas in there. When we go we're making sure we have one really nice dinner! We're going during free dining, so I only used restaurants that are on the dining plan. One night we're planning a photoshoot, then dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse, then we're sharing an illuminations cruise. I can't wait! Another night we're having dinner at the Trails End and then taking a carriage ride around FW. We did a carraige ride for our 20th anniversary in New Orleans, so I thought it would be cute to continue the tradition for our 25th anniversary trip. :lovestruc Also, we're having dinner at Kona on our first evening at disney, and then we'll go down to the beach to watch the water pageant and then wishes. Sounds like it could be romantic!:woohoo: Another special thing for me is that we made breakfast reservations at CP for before the park opens. I'm over the top excited to be on Main Street before it's all crowded with people! :banana: Another adult thing is that we're going to try to drink around the world one night when Epcot has late EMHs. We're going to SHARE a drink in every country! I'm interested to see if we can do it. I know I couldn't do it without sharing! (I'm getting old!!)

Also... Happy 40th to your hubby!!! I'm sure you'll both have a great time! :yay:

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

We are going alone in Sept. 19-26 Here are our plans. The first night we are going to Cirque and then Fultons Crab House. Sunday we also have reservations at CP for 8:05, then Ohanna's for 6 pm. Going to go back to CBR in the middle of the day and get some pool time on most days. Mon. we will do HS. Si Fi for lunch and Big River Grill for supper. We have been to Disney many times, so if we do not see Fantasmic no big deal. Tues. Tyhpoon Lagoon and Out let shopping. That night we have our 37th wedding Anniversary dinner at Narcossee's. Wed is our Epcot day and Chef de France for dinner.Not sure yet but may try to do the Segway Tour. Thrus. we are eating breakfast at Bomas to see the resort, then we are heading to Cocoa Beach for the day. Love Cocoa Beach! Friday is our Animal Kingdom day then Raglan Road at 8pm. Sat. we leave, but do not have to be at the airport til 3, so going back to MK for the Dole whip for Bawb dis meet at 10 am. We plan on doing the Hot air Balloon at DTD. and I would love to to do the Sea Racyers. It will be so much fun not having to worry about kids, or grand kids. I have a nice Gift Basket ordered for our room. I can't wait. :cool1:

You guys have some great ideas... I love the other thread too... Connie where did you order the gift basket from?

The gift basket is coming from Disney Florist. Our kids are giving us this for our Anniversary present. It has a bottle of wine, cheese, crackers, chocolates and a couple of other things in it. If you look on the Disney Florist site it is called Iron Horse something. I am having different glasses done at Arribus Bros. They will take them to the DF. I already have the ones they put in the basket. I am also going to order a bathrobe for me and a towel for my husband. I will order a cake for Narcossee's dinner. I am really looking forward to this trip. I am the Disney nut, but my hubby puts up with me. This is MY vacation, he take a camping trip and a ski trip, so I get to plan this one. I don't snow ski and the Holiday Inn is my type of camping. Last year we had daughter and family with us, so this will be so much more relaxing. The only thing that gets my husband upset is getting caught in the whole park leaving after fireworks. But I have that figured out for this trip. It is called a cab! We plan on doing what we want in the mornings and getting a few fastpasses, that we can use in the evening. Last year it really was not crowed, so fast passes were not really needed. I now you will have a great time. We are staying at CBR form Sept. 19-26. Where are you staying.?

I see you stay at the BWV often. If you haven't been to JellyRolls yet you should check it out. It is a blast and absolutely addicting. Try to get there by 9 for a decent seat and you are guaranteed a good time.:banana:

EAting and drinking around the world are always good suggestions. If you are later in September, the International Food and Wine Festival is a great way to spend a few days. But one thing that cannot be emphasized more, you can create your own pace, and do your own thing. One of the best days the DW and I have had was exploring the MK and the resorts on our own during Christmas. We spent more time on the monorail that day than we have in 6 week long trips. But we now have a favorite table at the GF Cafe, love the pool at the Polynesian, know which balcony to use for watching Wishes from the Contemporary, and how much eggs and sugar go into making the gingerbread houses. Not things to discover with miniature humans in tow.

I'm taking my parents for their first time ever to Disney this December as well as my younger sister for her second time (I took her this May) and for us we enjoy our wine in addition to some fantastic meals. I know you said you were signed up for the free dining I would suggest that if you enjoy wine you add the wine and dine option which is amazing for the price! My father in particular is pretty excited about this option. Also never underestimate the experience you can get with a character meal at any age!

My DH & I did the Keys to the Magic Kingdom tour 2 years ago, we go every other year to celebrate our anniversary. This year will be 6th anniversary. Anyway to get back to the Keys tour, its wonderful! I would highly reccomend it, you see things that you've never noticed before. The lunch they provide is very good also. We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside 10/17 - 25, 2 years ago it was Animal Kingdom and for our honeymoon it was Carribbean Beach. At Animal Kingdom, my DH arranged for rose petals to be on the bed when we came back from our anniversary dinner!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter