Going to Universal for first time

scotty1969

Earning My Ears
Having been a Disney family for many years, we have never been here. We're coming to Orlando for 5 days after we get back from cruisin on the Oasis. My daughter really really (i mean really) wants to see and ride the whole HP ride and attractions. I intended on only doing 1 day at Universal and 3 at Disney (with a day off), but it's not that much more for a 2 day pass. I want opinions on if there is enough for a 10yr. old girl, 20 yr old young man, and 40 yr old couple to do to warrant 2 days. I don't plan on riding any "kiddie rides."
That would, however limit us to only 2 days at WDW, which with 4 parks, is going to be tough.

Universal has changed their pricing to make the second day that much more attractive. But yes, there is definitely enough to do for 2 days at Universal. Keep in mind that WWOHP is likely to eat up a half-day alone because of how jammed it's going to be. And the world's two top dark rides (prior to HP), Men In Black and Spiderman, are there. And may other rides and shows. I think you'll be impressed.

BobK/Orlando

Thank you both! I believe we'll do the 2 days, unless the Harry Potter FJ ride is still having problems and keeps closing. We're going to be there from June 19-24th, so hopefully they get all of the "bugs" worked out..no pun intended.:)

Thinking about it,Universal and IOA is so immersive that it will take at least 2days to take it all in.This don't include HP.There is so much to see and take in.The little things if you look will take your breath away.The detaile is there as long as you look for it!!!:thumbsup2

I think 2 days may be rushing it and you'll need at least 2 days at each park to really take your time and see everything. However, if 2 days is all you got, then make sure you're there at opening every morning and you should have time to do all the major attractions. HP is going to take a good chunk of your day though. I'm sure you'll love UO. Have fun. :thumbsup2

Wow! I didn't realize there was so much to do at Universal. I've always wanted to go, but Disney has always trumped Universal. I guess I need to change my perception of the place. Maybe I'll ask if everyone wants to do Universal and skip Disney because we were just there last year. Or maybe even go to Seaworld for a day. I haven't been there since the the mid-late1980's. :idea:

Don't discount the "kiddie" rides at IOA. Cat in the Hat & the Suessical elevated train were fun & I'm a 47 year old man. (Wife loved them too).:cool1:

I agree....they are more than just 'kiddie' rides...esp 1 Fish 2 Fish Red Fish Blue Fish :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter