Going to the place I love, with the love of my life!

lindsayp

Princess-in-training
Hi disers! Awhile ago I started a pre-trip report of my boyfriend and I that never came to anything :( but now we are at it again!

Background:

Lindsay (me)- I love disney. I am disney planner extrodinare and have nagged my bf about going to WDW for the past 7 years. :rotfl:

Damen (my boyfriend)- Damen has never been to WDW :eek: For the past 7 years he has said no, disney is for kids, etc. But recently he has been giving into the idea of a trip together to the world! So he made me a deal: if we stop going out to dinner and save that money, we can go this summer! :woohoo:

Me and Damen :D
damen.jpg

Problem one: I am in school right now and I'm planning on taking summer classes. So we would have to go before the summer classes, in May, or after summer classes, in August. Right now I am leaning towards August because I will have more time off before fall classes than I would before the summer ones. :upsidedow

Two: Budget. I am thinking of DVC rental because I have had good experiences with that in the past. Preferably Animal Kingdom Lodge, value studio for economy sakes. BUT I would love to take Damen to Wilderness Lodge because he likes that type of decor and ambiance. That would be a couple hundred more though.

Three: what to do? (besides the parks :P) I was thinking about doing some fishing excursion because Damen loves fishing. But I don't know much about the water sports at Disney :confused3

The main things I need to decide the next few weeks will be:

1. When to go
2. How long to go
3. Where to stay

Then I can decided all the other wonderful little details! :cool2: I can not say how excite I am to say that me and Damen will (possibly, maybe, hopefully!) going to WDW! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Update! We decided to go May of 2014! Read more at these links below!

Thread links
Date Update
Estimated Budget
Grandma <3

Good afternoon disboards :goodvibes just a quick note before I head off to work! Damen and I discussed when the best time would be to go to WDW. I was originally thinking this august. But money is kind of tight and with school, we would only be able to go for a couple days. :sad2: So we decided to hold off on Disney this august...and go May of 2014! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: So more time to plan, more time to save money!

More later, now I am off to work. Thanks for reading! :thanks:

Hey disers! :) Now that I'm decided the time now I have to the dreaded budget :scared1:

I'm planning on using David's Disney Vacation Club since the prices for the deluxes end up being similar to booking value resorts from disney's site. But may of 2014 dates aren't up on site yet. BUT i can estimate prices by looking at may prices this upcoming may. :banana:

The three hotels options I am considering are AKV value, AKV standard, beachclub, and wilderness lodge standard rooms.

For one week

AKV value- 1000
AKV standard- 1200
Wilderness- 1600
Beachclub- 1600

Dining plan (sure to go up but just an estimate)- 800
Tickets- for 7 days- 600

Rough total- Minimum- 2400
Maximum- 3000

Plus, I'm planning on getting photopass, doing some sort of fishing excursion for Damen, and other incidentals. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Has anyone done fishing at WDW that can give me their input and experience on it?

Hi there, I'll join in!! May 2014 sounds great, I've been wanting to go in May to see the Flower and Garden festival. Also, I see from your ticker that you've lost some weight - congratulations! Looking forward to reading more about your plans :)

Hi there, I'll join in!! May 2014 sounds great, I've been wanting to go in May to see the Flower and Garden festival. Also, I see from your ticker that you've lost some weight - congratulations! Looking forward to reading more about your plans :)

Thanks! My sister, mom, and I went to the Flower and Garden Festival a few years ago and had a lot of fun! I love the disney topiary. I see you are going to disney soon! have fun and thanks for joining in! :thanks:

Good afternoon disboards! This post will be off topic (but since my trip is so far out I assume most of my posts will be off topic :rolleyes2) I have something I just wanna get off my chest and vent about...

This past September my Grandma was diagnosed with cancer in her brain. She passed away little more than a month later, on October 5th :( I was very close with her, having grown up a few blocks from where my grandparents lived. Her illness and death came so suddenly and was very hard on me and my family.

I still think about her all the time and miss her like crazy. It still doesn't feel real that she is gone. I have only gone over to their house once since she died because in my mind it is like if I go there and see the empty house it will be official. Right now it's like she's on vacation. :guilty:

Okay...so lately I have been thinking about her, feeling depressed because its our first Christmas without her. I was on pintrest and saw a cute craft idea that someone did with their dried wedding bouquet flowers. They put the petals in a glass ornament and tied a ribbon through the loop. So then I thought 'I saved and dried some flowers from grandma's funeral"...:scratchin and thus I decided to make ornaments commemorating my grandma! :) I am making one for each of my aunts, my mom, sis, brother, and myself. I've started them last week and look really pretty so far! I will post pics.

Sorry this post was a downer! But I feel better after writing it all out. Thanks for listening! :cool1:

Me and Grandma
552415_3886029829943_1037823104_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter