Going to DW, first time since late 80's

leoky

Earning My Ears
First off, I would like to thank everyone here for all the great information that is provided! Without this forum, I would be even more lost than what I already am. I went to DW in the late 80's as a kid, and now the wife and I are taking our two children to DW for their first trip. Dw is overwhelmingly

Will I get anything in the mail concerning my trip, confirmation, detailed info, etc? I booked this online through the Disney site on Nov. 22nd, so I don't know if there will be enough time to actually receive anything from Disney.

We are less than two weeks away! Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Can't wait!

Welcome to DIS. :wave: We usually get our confirmation letter, magical express papers and luggage tags about 4 weeks before our trip. You should be getting these anyday. Have a wonderful time at WDW.

Congrats.... Where are you staying ? How old are your kids ?, I have never been around Christmas time I can only imagine how much fun you will have.

Happy planning and have a great trip.

Mike P.

P.S. can anyone bless me? Thanks.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Being new to Disney World, I was amazed at all the choices available when I started looking into staying with Disney. After searching my preferred dates, the choice came down to Sarasota or Port Orleans, so we chose POR. It seems nice from the pictures I've seen and the reviews I've read.

We have 2 children, a 3 year old daughter, and a 2 year old son. They're still a bit small for many of the rides, but I know they will love this trip. Other than what park we are going to on what day, they will plan the rest of the trip. If they want to go see something, that's where we will be going! It's their trip, and we plan to let them lead us around. It should be interesting! The stay at POR is more for me and the wife, so that will be our part of the trip.

We had initially thought of going to Gatlinburg, TN for the lights and holiday decorations, but the cold weather of the Appalachian Mountains combined with small children didn't sound as appealing as Orlando, FL! Disney World will provide much more for our children than Gatlinburg ever could.

leoky said:
We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Being new to Disney World, I was amazed at all the choices available when I started looking into staying with Disney. After searching my preferred dates, the choice came down to Sarasota or Port Orleans, so we chose POR. It seems nice from the pictures I've seen and the reviews I've read.

We have 2 children, a 3 year old daughter, and a 2 year old son. They're still a bit small for many of the rides, but I know they will love this trip. Other than what park we are going to on what day, they will plan the rest of the trip. If they want to go see something, that's where we will be going! It's their trip, and we plan to let them lead us around. It should be interesting! The stay at POR is more for me and the wife, so that will be our part of the trip.

We had initially thought of going to Gatlinburg, TN for the lights and holiday decorations, but the cold weather of the Appalachian Mountains combined with small children didn't sound as appealing as Orlando, FL! Disney World will provide much more for our children than Gatlinburg ever could.

WDW is beautiful in Dec. We went there in Dec 2005 and had a great time. However, be ready for cold weather there too. We had to buy hats and gloves for our kids during our stay. You will save lots of money if you take some with you. We mostly had 50s to 60s during the day and 30s and 40s at night which felt lots cooler with humidity. Your kids will definitely love toontown at MK or playhouse disney show at MGM. We also stayed at POR last year which we loved. Our room was in the mansion section; a beautiful section of POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter