• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to DLP with a 6 month old....

Cdaniels1987

Mouseketeer
So me and my wife have just had a little baby boy (almost 3 weeks old), we absolutely love Disney and DLP, we haven't been for 2 years as the last couple of years we have done Disney World, we were thinking of doing DLP in early December this year ready for Christmas and for the little mans first trip, however I am worried that maybe 6 months is too young? I know he won't be able to go on most stuff, but does anyone with experience feel it's worth going or should we wait?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your baby boy. party:

To be politely frank, I'd wait, you're not going for the baby you're going for yourself. Kids have to at least be 3/4 before they can begin to enjoy the parks.

At 6th months old being at Disneyland or being at home isn't going to make any difference to him what so ever.

Last edited:
We'll be taken our yet unborn baby to DLP next March - baby will be about 7 months. And we're not taking him 'for him', he won't remember a thing - we're going for our DD who will be 6 by then.

However, I disagree slightly with the poster above in two aspects - if you want to go, go. He won't remember any of it, but you might end up with some lovely photos to entice him with for when he gets older and you can get him excited about a more 'grown up big boy' trip. It's up to you that one completely! But yes, it would be a trip for you not him. We're going in March because it works for us with school holidays, our friend is coming for the first time too, and it may be one of the last trips we can do with DD with her being free! There's not many under 12 free offers around! (Plus my husband is perfectly happy to use the baby as an excuse not to go on rides!! lol)

The other aspect is the age. We first took DD when she was 2 1/2 years old and she remembered and enjoyed every detail! Granted, maybe it depends on the child, but after that trip (two days in the park only) we didn't go back until her 4th birthday, and in between she would often speak about DLP and all the things she did and would want to do again! So I'd say 2 1/2 could be a good age for a first visit!

Hope that helps!

C x

We took our 3 month old the first time we went (along with a 2 and 4 year old) - there is a surprising amount that little babies can go on in your arms. He came on PiratesOTC, Buzz, Teacups - basically anything without a height limit!
The only issue we had was the 'no buggy' thing for restaurants/shows, which is a pain if they have gone to sleep - luckily we had a Phil and teds pushchair, so used the carry cocoon to get around this.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter