Going to DLP next month, staying in Lognes, and so confused....

YourNewTwin

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

So, months ago I booked a hotel and flights for Disneyland Paris. At the time, it looked like an amazing deal- I got the 2 return adult tickets and a hotel for 3 nights together in a deal for 450 euro. I booked it straight away without doing any real research into the hotel's location.

Big mistake. Although the hotel's location was given as "Disneyland Paris" on Expedia, it's actually in another town about 19km away called Lognes. I've trawled through pages and pages online trying to find out more information on transport in that town, but have found nothing substantial. From what I've gathered, I can take the TGV from CDG to Chessy- Marne La Valle and then take the RER to the station in Lognes. But this station appears to still be quite a while from the hotel, and despite ringing the hotel itself for advice, I am still none the wiser on how to actually get there and around the area (the man on the phone at reception barely spoke English).

If any of you guys have ever stayed in or around the area of Lognes and have any ideas on the transport to, from, and around there it would really help! Or ideas for getting to DLP and back from Lognes.

There's no way I can afford to change hotel as my current one has a no cancellation policy so I wouldn't get my money back. Money is a big factor, as I'm taking my boyfriend for his birthday so am paying for all this. (Not to mention I'm a 20 year old student!)

Any help or advice would be amazing and so appreciated, feel so overwhelmed by this whole trip!

So the problem is the hotel is a long way from the train station? The journey on the RER from Lognes to DLP and back is quite short, if I recall correctly you're about 4 stops away, say 10/15 mins on the train. Have you checked the hotel's position on Google Earth it might not be as far away from the station as you think. The Marne la Vallee bus service is superb, that might be an option too. What's the name of the hotel?

Thank you so much for the help! The Hotel is named "Hotel Europarc Marne-La-Vallee". From what I gathered on google earth it seems to be a few miles away. The website mentions "area shuttle buses", but there seems to be no information on them anywhere, so I was hoping there would be some sort of regular bus service in the area- especially for getting back at night from the station after spending the day at DLP!

So frustrated the last few days, as I've seen actual partner Disney hotel going for the same price as I paid, without all this hassle of transport...
Live and learn I guess!

Seriously I'd see about getting it changed - do you have travel insurance ? This hotel is on an industrial park and although it might be walkable according to Google maps you cant really do it as you need to cross a motorway .

It really is a hotel where you need a car to get to and from - You can do it on public transport but the time and cost of tickets to and from the park will soon add up.

You get the RER from MLV-Chessy to Torcy ( 3 stops) then change to Bus N°18 which takes you to Lognes-Madeleine and then you walk the rest of the way which will take you another 15 minutes or so

The return trip from the hotel to MLV - Is walk back to the Lognes-Madeleine bus stop, get bus N°18 back to Torcy RER and then catch RER to MLV

Here's the bus timetable for the N°18

http://www.transdev-idf.com/timetablefile/84823686?vid=download

Your last bus from Torcy to Lognes is at 23.35 so you would have to leave DLP around 23.00 at the latest to be of catching it

Hth :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter