Going to Disney with my sister

jessica289

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I am taking my 12 year old sister to DisneyWorld in February for 6 days :D

I need some ideas for dining, activities, fun things to do with each other. I already have her booked to do the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and CRT breakfast in the same day as a surprise birthday present for her; other than that I have no clue what to do and I want some suggestions please...

What does she like? If she loves Pooh, the Crystal Palace character breakfast is great. Lilo & Stitch are at 'Ohana (Polynesian).

The two activities you've chosen may be enough, since there are 4 parks to cover!

One thing she might enjoy is pin trading. You can go online to the Disney Store or ebay (if you want to get them cheaper and probably get some she would be willing to trade) and get a lanyard and a starter set of pins. You can always wait until the first day of the trip to give them to her as a surprise. She will be able to trade with any CM she encounters. A small warning though.... it can be addictive!

You can also pick up a passport for her in the World Showcase at Epcot. She can then get a CM in each country to stamp it and also write her name in their native language (or at least they did this for my son who was 12 at the time).

If she likes to draw you can take her to the Animation Academy in Hollywood Studios and you can both learn to draw a Disney character with the help of a Disney artist.

Whatever you do she will have a wonderful time. Age 12 is a great time to go to Disney World. She is lucky to have a sister who wants to take her. Have fun!

A 12 year old might enjoy the hula lessons at the Polynesian. She might be kind of old for the boutique, but the face painting is kind of fun.

my granddaughter just turned 12. we did bbb when she was 6 and she loved it but she says she is too old for that now. altho we plan crt every year as we all love it.

the parks and the rides will take up most of your time. those 4 parks are so big and have so many things to do.

you might try taking her to disney quest. there are many computerized games there for all ages.

plan to spend a lot of time on the rides. she is the perfect age to enjoy the little kid rides as well as the big kid rides. we do the dumbos as well as the roller coasters.

ohanna character meals with mickey and stitch are just great. my 12 yr old and my 20 yr old still love those things. also cape may cafe breakfast with goofy, donald, daisy, minnie, and pluto.

best character breakfast for her age (after crt of course) would be 1900 park fare. mary poppins, alice, the mad hatter etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter