Going to Disney with a 1st timer...

minnie0121

"...keep moving forward..."
I am talking my boyfriend next month and we are staying at POFQ. It's his first time and I was wondering if there was any fun surprises I could plan for him. Or if there is anything that Disney does special for 1st timers. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :wizard:

There is a first trip pin...don't know how he would feel about wearing that!

From POFQ make sure you take the boat to DTD as least once. That is something fun that you can't do at all the resorts.

Make sure you ride the monorail at least once...fun!

Also at POFQ you could walk over to POR and take a carriage ride. My family did that this past March and loved it!

Also I think for first timers Wishes and Spectromagic are a MUST!

Have FUN! I still remember my DD's first trip...it is magical!

We just got back from WDW last week and it was DH's first time there. He wouldn't wear the pin, but one fun thing that we did was the Segway tour at Epcot. We loved it and it was a great way to see the World Showcase in the morning before it opens to the public. It's $85pp, but well worth it if you can swing the extra expense. We're going back next year and considering doing the tour again.

:goodvibes

If you ride the monorail, ask if you can sit up front with the driver. I did this with DS and DD earlier this year.

Sci Fi for lunch at MGM..food is just ok but its a great atmosphere for a quick mini date!!!! :goodvibes

I like the Segway tour idea, that would be fun. I just hope he will be able to keep up with me. I have been so many times that I am used to the long days. We are also aren't there for a full week, so everyday is packed!

I was going to suggest the carriage ride at POR, takesome wine with you. Make it romantic.:love:

They have parasailing. What better way to get a view of the World, besides taking a helicopter tour!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter