going to disney&uni again! Sep 2011

You can do it!! Think of the fun!! Think of the relaxation!! Think of being at the happiest place on earth!! Think of E's bright and shining face as he has the time of his life!!

Oh my gosh no!!:scared1:

This was a computer glitch right?

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh.......I hope you get this all straightened out! I don't know if I could sleep after that sort of message.

They don't have a paper bag smiley (frownie?) so the freaking out one will have to do! :scared1:

Good luck....

Good gad.

Background. Until around January of this year, when you did a "split stay" with DVC points, you got separate reservation numbers for each part of it. There are those who felt that that was annoying. Someone at DVC decided that they agreed, and they started putting all parts of a split stay under the SAME number. Even if someone had 3 entirely DIFFERENT reservations, at different resorts and in different types of rooms, and with some different people! (silly silly silly)

Problem. What this did was eliminate the ability to do online checkin, which allowed the paperwork to be done ahead of time and sped up getting your keycards, etc, when you got there. Not everyone does it, not everyone wants to, but I liked it. (our lousy first room at Animal Kingdom was, I believe, because I did NOT do online checkin) And, of course, it makes no sense when you truly do have a string of *different* types of stays one after the other.

Second-background. At the same time they started allowing DVC members to split up their stays so that they could book the Dining Plan for *parts* of their stays. So someone could call in on January 1 to get a reservation for November 1 for, let's say, 7 nights, then call back in, have that split into 3 sections...get the deluxe dining plan for 2 nights, get no dining plan for 3 nights, then the quick service dining plan for 2 nights.

Problem. You would not believe the problems they had with this. People having to check in multiple times, getting multiple cards for each person in the rooms with each checkin. Then having the cards coded wrong...no dining plan, wrong dining plan, didn't unlock doors, etc etc etc. Some people had a great time with it. Others had small annoyances. Others had, if I recall correctly, 48 separate keycards for their party during their stay...

Recently, however they STOPPED doing that.

And now, it seems, they went back on the whole "same reservation number for the split stay" thing, and split them apart. Creating entirely NEW reservation numbers for each part of a split stay, and "cancelling" the original reservation number.

Excuse me, I must go find that paper bag again, because thinking of that online message, even though I know it's all OK now, is making me dizzy.

Back now.

So it's all OK. I have 3 brand-spankin' new reservation numbers, none of which look at all like the original one. When I look up the original one on dvcmember.com, it says it was canceled (oh how glad am I didn't see THAT message first!!?!!). But the other three *numbers* (the ones I've never seen before) are there. My reservations are fine. They just...changed the numbers for them.

Benefit? I was able to do online checkin!!!!! I love doing that. :)

But, Disney...you have to TELL US that you're doing that! A quick email; I know you have it, you send me lots of emails... Just pop me an email with a little head's up, ya know?

:headache::sick:

YIKES!! I am so glad that is straightened out for you!

I just wanted to also say - Have a Great Trip!! :hug:

Thank you!

And I'm glad I figured it out, too. If it hadn't been after DVC hours I know I would have been on the phone before looking at the account, etc, and it probably would have taken longer to clear up (b/c I was *slightly* belligerent here in my kitchen at my desk). So it was for the best.

But still, really....an email works really well to communicate stuff like that.

Molly, I am so glad that was cleared up. I would have been totally frantic!!

Have a great time!! I look forward to hearing all about it after you get home.

Yay Satori!

We'll be heading to the airport hotel in a few hours here. I like having free nights at hotels. Makes vacation start earlier. :)

When I saw that notice on disneyworld.com I couldn't create a coherent sentence out loud for like 5 minutes. I could type, but I couldn't speak other than blurting things out. Robert was so confused, LOL. Finally I was able to say "I know this will be all right, if someone else were posting about this I'd tell them to calm down, but it sure doesn't feel good, and now this is what I'm seeing"...or something like that.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Molly, I am not sure that I could have been as calm as you were.:rotfl: I am a compulsive checker of those things too, it would have freaked me out.

up late, watching the husband, cousin, and her husband sit around the table, playing POTC Life, laughing hysterically. I mean, THEY are laughing, I am just laughing at them. :)

I'm wiped out, and will be going to sleep soon. They, however, might be up for hours to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter