Going to Disney Pregnant

lilybeth11602

Mouseketeer
I just found out I was pregnant and we are leaving for Disney next week. :eek: Does anyone have a list of the rides that will be o.k. for me to ride? I have an idea but i was just wondering too.

Congratulations! I did Disneyland while pregnant and was really pleasantly surprised at what I was able to do.

I did WDW pregnant too (I just didn't know it yet) and my DD isn't scrambled or anything, thank goodness!

lilybeth,

congrats, darlin. I take it this is your first.

The thing about babies is this, sugar...there's not much you can do in the line of regular life that affects the 'carry'...what will be will be and you can't dislodge a healthy lil kiddo. They are tenacious lil boogers.

wow...a baby. :)

lilybeth,

congrats, darlin. I take it this is your first.

The thing about babies is this, sugar...there's not much you can do in the line of regular life that affects the 'carry'...what will be will be and you can't dislodge a healthy lil kiddo. They are tenacious lil boogers.

wow...a baby. :)

Eh, not to be a downer, but you can actually dislodge a healthy kid. It's called placental abruption and can happen for a variety of reasons including rapid deceleration (as in a car accident or roller coaster). The placenta seperates from the uterine wall and can lead to bleeding and premature delivery.

Lots of people go to WDW pregnant and have a great time! Just use a little common sense and ask your doctor if you have questions!

Eh, not to be a downer, but you can actually dislodge a healthy kid. It's called placental abruption and can happen for a variety of reasons including rapid deceleration (as in a car accident or roller coaster). The placenta seperates from the uterine wall and can lead to bleeding and premature delivery.

If she just found out she is pregnant, then she is probably early enough that the placenta hasnt developed yet.
When babies are just little peanuts, they are very protected. As long as you have no blunt, forceful trauma to the abdomen you should be fine.
Always check with your OB. He/She will let you know if you are high risk or not.

AWWWWW!!! cONGRATILATIONS!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Ask your doctor and I pray that the baby will be healthy and happy!

AWWW congratulations!!!! We brought a new addition home FROM WDW LOL. You may try asking Guest Relations about rides, but honestly I would say if its something that has no height limit you 'should' be alright. ;)

I just found out I was pregnant and we are leaving for Disney next week. :eek: Does anyone have a list of the rides that will be o.k. for me to ride? I have an idea but i was just wondering too.

The really great thing about Disney is that pretty much EVERYONE in any condition can ride and enjoy the majority of the attractions.

The only ones I would avoid are Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and Mission Space. If I REALLY wanted to play it safe, I'd also avoid Dinosaur, Star Tours, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain but early in a pregnancy they'd probably be okay and that's just my own paranoia.

Anything questionable will have warnings posted at the entrance.

Congratulations and have a wonderful trip. :)

I've done Disney while pregnant about 100 or more times HAHA. We lived in the Orlando area and went a few times a week and even living up here in St. Augustine, we make frequent visits (and I've been pregnant most of the past 7 years haha) Anyways, I stay away from Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain. LOL I don't do Expedition Everest anyways (I'm terrified of it) but even if I liked it, I wouldn't do it while pregnant. I do most everything else.. I'm probably forgetting something I'd do...

That said, if you are a worrier by nature, all of the rides say if you shouldn't ride it while pregnant.

I would skip the safari as well. They recommend not going on it but some pregnant women do anyways... then come off commenting that it was a lot bumpier than they expected!

**SPOILER ALERT**

With the tilting bridge, chase scene, "unpaved roads", and unexpected bumps, it can be pretty rough.

I just got back from Disney & I'm 15 weeks pg. The rides to be concerned about all have signs saying expectant mothers should not ride so that makes it pretty easy to figure out. I ignored the warning on the safari - it was fine - not really bumpy at all. I also ignored the warning on Dinosaur but I shouldn't have - it made me very nervous.

I would skip the safari as well. They recommend not going on it but some pregnant women do anyways... then come off commenting that it was a lot bumpier than they expected!

It wasn't for me. We sat in the front row (at 17weeks pg) and it was fine. The flight down was way bumpier! So was IASW, and I wasn't expecting that at all :goodvibes

I would do anything without a height restriction, even babies can go on them. The only exception may be the safari, but I even think that would be okay.

I went to Disney and both Universal parks pregnant.BUT in my case I didn't know that I was.At the time 3 months along.I rode EVERYTHING !! Roller coasters and all...Then found out that I was 6.5 months along when I did I worried about all the things that I did for those first 6.5 months.
Fast forward to today..She is a very bright above average little girl who is 5 and knows her Disney stuff!
So maybe all of that being said it helped her be in the youngest DIS'er category!! LMAO

Congratulations!

In addition to avoiding the few bumpy rides that have already been mentioned, just make sure that you take it easy this trip... which is difficult for some Disney commandos! I went to WDW with my sister when she was 6 months pregnant and we just toured at a more relaxed pace. (She was supposed to run the Disney Marathon with me... signed up before she knew she was pregnant... but she definitely avoided that!). There were plenty of attractions and shows for her to enjoy.
My nephew is a disney fan and I think that his "first trip" made an impression!

Have fun!

Congradulations!
Avoid any ride that will say not for pregnant women infront of ride. Basically any fast and trill ride like SM, TOT, TT, MS, EE, Kali River, Safari, Star Wars, POTC, ride at Norway. Also take breaks, drink lots of water, avoid jacuzi and water slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter