• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to Disney in august

We ,family of three ,going in August. For getting the free dining,we have to book in one of disney's hotels. Is it really worth it? Other hotels outside disney give rooms for $50/night through priceline bidding. Any ideas?

Welcome.jpg
I like the pictures on your page. Very cheerful!!!

Welcome! There are all kinds of great restaurants but you had better go online and make your reservations as soon as you can. Disney table-service restaurants tend to book up quickly!

We ,family of three ,going in August. For getting the free dining,we have to book in one of disney's hotels. Is it really worth it? Other hotels outside disney give rooms for $50/night through priceline bidding. Any ideas?

It's most certainly worth staying on property! You can't beat the convenience and it feels like more of a getaway when you stay on property. Disney service and cleanliness go a long way!

I would suggest that you consider a Disney value resort property, like Pop Century, if you are looking at Priceline for $50 a night and do be careful! Many times those $50 dollar properties don't tell you that they tack on "resort" fees. Plus, if you are using the off site hotel shuttles you are at their mercy for pick up and drop off times AND if you drive you'll have to pay $14.00 per day to park. Your $50 room can quickly surpass the cost to stay in a Disney value resort! Add in an offer like free dining, and it's a no brainer!

HTH!

We're going for our 3rd trip in August. On our last trip, we were surprised with a great time at 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian. We'd never been there, and it was a Character Meal hosted by Cinderella and Prince Charming. Her step-Mother & step-Sisters stole the show! They were hilarious. When they stopped by our table, one of them kept asking my son how old he was (7 at the time), if he had a job, and how much money he made. She told him to come back in about 11 years - she'd be waiting for him!

My wife like getting her picture taken with Prince Charming, too! :confused:

Enjoy your trip,

Dave

Another advantage to staying on Disney property: Resort guests get free parking. That's another savings that adds up! :teacher:

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter