going to disney 10 weeks pregnant what rides are safe

kristinebarboza

Mouseketeer
what rides can i go on in the parks
can i go on soaring , or pirates of caribbean or splash mountain or maelstrom or spaceship earth or test track

Congratulations!!

I think technically you can "safely" go on anything without a warning. Personally, go on what you feel comfortable going on. If you've been to WDW before you have a idea of how the rides are and which you'll feel safe going on. If you've never been ask if your OB has and see what he/she says. It would be a good idea to talk with your OB anyway.

When I was 10-12 weeks pregnant I went on everything (didn't know I was pregnant) and never had any issues. I will admit that I had a minor freak-out when I got home and realized that I was pregnant. I talked with my OB and she assured me that at that stage in the pregnancy the baby is sooooo tiny and very very well protected so the risk of a WDW attraction doing anything to the baby was close to nothing.

Just back (2 weeks ago) I went to Disney 24 weeks pregnant. I visit Disney too frequently and am very familiar with all of the rides.

Before I go on...This is my 3rd baby and I have had no other complications/issues. I am very active during pregnancy and still run 3-5 miles a day. I talked to my Dr. before the trip and he said that my body protects the baby and not to do anything too "extreme"...

I rode all of the "kids" rides...including Thunder Mountain.

I felt perfectly okay on Soarin', Pirates, Safari, Tea Cups etc.

I did not ride ToT, Rock-n-roller coaster, Expedition Everest or -Test Track (because the line was too long). SM was closed.

Everyone is different and only you know your own body. My best advice is to listen to your body and don't take any "chances" you are not comfortable with. Disney can be fun even without the thrill rides...enjoy your trip :)

On one of our trips to Disney, I was pregnant but in the early stages (still in my First Trimester. I decided to sit out most of the rides. The only rides I went on was It's a Small World, Haunted mansion, TTA, Snow White, Pirates, CoP, Buzz lightyear and all the shows. I would have gone on Peter Pan but I didn't want to wait all that time. I decided a good rest was better.

I still enjoyed everything.

There are warnings on the rides which will give you an indication of which ride you may choose to sit out. :)

Congratulations!!

I think technically you can "safely" go on anything without a warning. Personally, go on what you feel comfortable going on. If you've been to WDW before you have a idea of how the rides are and which you'll feel safe going on. If you've never been ask if your OB has and see what he/she says. It would be a good idea to talk with your OB anyway.

When I was 10-12 weeks pregnant I went on everything (didn't know I was pregnant) and never had any issues. I will admit that I had a minor freak-out when I got home and realized that I was pregnant. I talked with my OB and she assured me that at that stage in the pregnancy the baby is sooooo tiny and very very well protected so the risk of a WDW attraction doing anything to the baby was close to nothing.

thanks for the info
i see my dr on nov 5
so i will ask her & see what she said
so did you go on space mountain & splash mountain
if you did where did you sit

i have been to disney about 25 times
so i pretty much know how the rides feel

I think it is most always wise to consult with your doctor. Make certain you aren't at risk for any complications.

Beyond that, you may well not feel up to some rides you rode previously. Like nausea can arrive suddenly when you are pregnant. I also know my sister thought nothing of the safari ride, until she got on it and realized that being on it pregnant was a totally different thing that begin non-pregnant. Some ofthe posted warnings seem over the top, but most are there for a reason.

I also think it's important to consider the chance that a ride could break down while you on it. Something like Test Track may be okay if all goes well, but what if you get stuck on the loop part and it takes half an hour to evacuate you. Erring slightly on the side of caution may be prudent especially inthe case of attractions that are difficult to evacuate.

I think there is also some evidence which suggests that stress is bad fora baby. Some folks will be totally calm going on a given ride, while another will stress out and get their blood pressure up - so in that sense the answer to your question is also very personal.

One more point. I think everyone should make a point of staying hydrated inhe world, but I think it's especially important if you are pregnant. Also, you may well not want or need them, but it is wise to at lest know the location of the first aid and baby stations. You will be going it the cooler moths, so it's maybe less of an issue than going in the summer months - but those lounges can be a nice quiet retreat. OOh - and I kow you said you've been many times - but kowing the location of restrooms is also very helpful! :thumbsup2

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

thanks for the info
i see my dr on nov 5
so i will ask her & see what she said
so did you go on space mountain & splash mountain
if you did where did you sit

i have been to disney about 25 times
so i pretty much know how the rides feel

I rode everything and some rides multiple times! At one time DH & I rode ToT, got off and went on RnR, got back on ToT, and then back on RnR. Did this a few times until about the fourth time when I felt like my stomach was in my throat :sick:. :) As far as where did I sit? I sat wherever the CM told me to sit. :)

When I was about 7 months pregnant I didn't ride any of the Mountains and sat in the front for the Safari. The Safari wasn't any worse than the conditions of the roads that I was driving on a daily basis.

I think it is best if you check with your Dr first.Even then I would adhere to any warnings the ride has posted

I will be going in December and will be 24 weeks pregnant. I have been to Disney so many times, that I am pretty comfortable at knowing what to ride and what not to ride. Do I really need to ask my doc about it? I am not going to do any of the mountains or coaster....TIA for the advice.

I will be going in December and will be 24 weeks pregnant. I have been to Disney so many times, that I am pretty comfortable at knowing what to ride and what not to ride. Do I really need to ask my doc about it? I am not going to do any of the mountains or coaster....TIA for the advice.

I don't think that it is 100% necessary if you are having a healthy, are having a low risk pregnancy and have been before so that you know what to expect on the various attractions. I didn't get "Disney permission" from my OB prior to any of our trips. We went when I was 12 weeks (clueless I was pg) with the first DS (I did talk with my OB after this trip), around 24 weeks with the first DS, around 10 weeks pg with the second DS, and around 28-30 weeks with the second DS.

The biggest thing I'd say is to listen to your body. If you start feeling tired - take a break. Stay hydrated, even in December, and just listen to your body.

First off, Congrats!!!

I'd stay off of the coasters & splash mountain. The reasoning behind splash is that last dramatic drop. You hit pretty hard at the bottom between the height & the angle... hard enough to potentially dislodge your peanut. So why chance it, splash will always be there. Next time you'll just have to utilize the baby swap. :goodvibes

Just remember the docs will always tell you the safest, most conservative thing to avoid liability. That's what I do! So don't ask unless you're prepared to be told no.

Congratulations! I would say YES to Pirates, Soarin and Space Ship Earth. No to Splash Mountain, Test Track. Maelstrom is a maybe??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter