Going to Aulani -- Let's list places to eat

I love that this thread is still going :)

Did anybody try the Mexican place across the street from Aulani? We went one day and I don't know if it was just an off day but neither of us enjoyed our meals and even worse Aulani staff were there at a table next to ours bashing guests. Believe me I can understand complaining about rude, etc guests -- you are amongst your coworkers and letting off steam but don't do it across the street to where you work LOL

Can anyone advise me on whether Roy's is a dressy and elegant restaurant? It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary during our stay at Aulani and I'm trying to find a restaurant near the resort to celebrate with the hubby. We are going to sign our girls up for the Surf's Up with Chip N Dale so we will have 3 hours to be able to fit in dinner and travel time. My husband isn't crazy about the idea of us dining off the resort and leaving the girls. If I can find a restaurant that is close by at least we will be able to focus on celebrating our anniversary for those 3 hours. I was hoping to find a restaurant that is a little bit on the elegant side with great food. It would be nice to dress up just a wee bit for our special night :)

If not Roy's does anyone have another suggestion for something close to the resort? We've only got the 3 hours to celebrate 10 years of marriage :)

Roy's is not super dressy. Hawaii is normally a casual place I wouldn't go in shorts but you don't have to dress up like going to Victoria and Alberts at WDW

We're headed to Aulani in 10 days!!! Our flight arrives at 11:30 am so I'm sure we'll need some lunch when we arrive. Can someone suggest a good casual place to eat between the airport and Aulani? We plan on stopping at Target and maybe safeway for a few supplies as well.

thanks

We are booked for an October trip to Aulani:banana:

Starting to research all the dining options. I am sure the family will want to try one of the luaus and wondered about tipping at a luau. From what I read, most offer a buffet meal and entertainment. Is the gratuity usually included in the price? If not, do you tip a percentage on the total? Is it added for large groups? We will be 6 adults and one child.

We're headed to Aulani in 10 days!!! Our flight arrives at 11:30 am so I'm sure we'll need some lunch when we arrive. Can someone suggest a good casual place to eat between the airport and Aulani? We plan on stopping at Target and maybe safeway for a few supplies as well.

thanks

Someone posted this a while ago and I have it in my notes:)

"In the shopping center where the Target is there's a place called Aloha Salads. It's a sandwich/salad place but its all locally grown produce, bread, etc. it was really yummy plus I liked supporting the local business. As vegans we are there once a day. Ha! Their champagne Italian dressing is yummy!!"

erikawolf2004 said:
Someone posted this a while ago and I have it in my notes:)

"In the shopping center where the Target is there's a place called Aloha Salads. It's a sandwich/salad place but its all locally grown produce, bread, etc. it was really yummy plus I liked supporting the local business. As vegans we are there once a day. Ha! Their champagne Italian dressing is yummy!!"

Yes! I posted about it and its a great place!!!

There is also a subway but we were in Hawaii and didn't want things we could easily get at home.

I'm craving a good wrap today!

I remember reading that you can pre-order a dinner and have it delivered to your room. Does anyone rember this or have sone it. Thanks

kvichi said:

thanks

Around the area of Target in Kapolei there are a bunch of chain restaurants like Dennys, Outback Steakhouse etc
If you like Japanese food there is a Ramen and curry house not far from Target called Daichii Ramen that we really liked. Good prices and lots of food. It is in a plaza with the Foodland

john1516 said:
I remember reading that you can pre-order a dinner and have it delivered to your room. Does anyone rember this or have sone it. Thanks

We tried two of them and loved them, not because it was high grade restaurant type food, but it was nice not to have restaurant food for a change. Plus there was a ton leftover to have for lunch the following day. We got the pasta one first that came with a Caesar salad, penne in marinara sauce, rolls and a whole blueberry cheesecake. This was $75 but they add on a 20% gratuity. Last night we had the rosemary chicken meal that came with a salad, rolls, corn on the cob, Mac and cheese, and either an apple cobbler or fruit plate. We chose the fruit plate and it came with a bunch of melon, papaya, star fruit, pineapple and dragon fruit

We would definitely do these again as it's nice to not have to rush and shower to go out, the food seemed as healthy as we would make at home. I'll post pics once I get back but if you want to see them via email PM me

How are the meals delivered? Could you take it to picnic on the beach? Or do they set it up like room service?

Jkpark said:
How are the meals delivered? Could you take it to picnic on the beach? Or do they set it up like room service?

They bring it into your villa and setup dishes on the stove or in the fridge depending on if they need to be kept warm or cool.

I don't believe you're allowed to bring food onto the beach though

We are booked for an October trip to Aulani:banana:

Starting to research all the dining options. I am sure the family will want to try one of the luaus and wondered about tipping at a luau. From what I read, most offer a buffet meal and entertainment. Is the gratuity usually included in the price? If not, do you tip a percentage on the total? Is it added for large groups? We will be 6 adults and one child.

I had forgot to mention it in my previous post, but we did the FiaFia Luau at the Marriott Vacation Club two lagoons over from Aulani. It was absolutely great! The show is wonderful and it lasts quite a long time. Arrival is 4:30 and we didn't leave till close to 9. The dinner was tasty, though not amazing. Although, compared to reviews from other luaus, I think the dinner was pretty good. I will warn that the luau is pricey ($90 per person), but considering you get the food, 2 drinks, and a 4+ hour show, I think it was worth it. Do note that they only do the luau on Tuesday nights though. Also, if the price is a bit steep, some people recommended the Paradise Cove luau too, though I have no personal experience. Either way, have fun! :yay:

I also did the Fia Fia Luau when I was there last month. It's the best Luau on Oahy. It's way better than Paradise Cove or Germaine's. Only issue is that it's only On Tuesdays. The price is more than worth what you get.

Are Dole Whips available at Aulani? Don't get me wrong - I know Dole Plantation is close by - but have been there twice. This vacay is all about relaxation and staying put - no sightseeing this time!

And what about Mickey Bars? A family fave that are mandatory when at any Disney resort.

I have read that Roy's has a good kid's menu, but I can't seem to find any info on what is offered. Has anyone eaten there with kids? Do you remember what was on the kid's menu? Our kids are 11and 9 and are used to dining out (they loved Cali Grill last year), so I assume they'll be fine eating at Roy's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter