• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going to Atlantis-what do I need for the day?

nezy

DIS Veteran
On our next cruise, we will be going to the Atlantis. I booked a room at Comfort Suites for the day. We plan to explore the resort of Atlantis and enjoy the Aquaventure.
We are me, DH, DS 13, DS 12, DD 10. What should we bring with us? (ie, towels, clothes, shoes, cooler, ???)

You've pretty much hit on it...bring what you would for a typical beach day. You may also want to bring some extra cash for souvenirs, a jet ski or banana boat ride (vendors are independent from the hotel), etc.

Don't bother hauling towels with you. You'll get towels when you get your wristbands from Atlantis. We just wear our suits with coverups and take a beach bag that has our camera, sunblock, and whatever other items we think we might need. We don't ever use the room at Comfort Suites though. We check in and then check out at the same time so we don't have to bother walking back over to CS when we are done at Atlantis. Also, there are lockers available at Atlantis for $5.00. I didn't remember them being there the first time we went, but they were there in September, so we got one to store our camera and credit cards/cash in.

We did pretty much what disneypoor did: we wore our swimsuits with coverups; carried a bag with suncreen--we should have used more of the sunscreen, we got burned); book for reading, hats, and some cash. The towels at Atlantis worked for us. We decided just to let our suits dry off and head back to the ship in our cover-ups. It was all very easy.

I'm trying to understand the Comfort Suites thing. Why do you check in then check out at the same time? Is it cheaper to do it this way than as an "excursion"? I am probably too late as we are sailing 11/18.

If you are just doing the Atlantis Beach day - not booking at the resort - do you still get towels??

I would hate to lug all our towels with us, and have them supplied there!

Are the lockers for anyone, or do you have to have a room booked?

Thanks

The comfort suites room will technically only get you 4 bracelets. You will have to be lucky and sneaky to get the 5th, or pay for $75 for the extra child at the Discover Atlantis desk.

I'm trying to understand the Comfort Suites thing. Why do you check in then check out at the same time? Is it cheaper to do it this way than as an "excursion"? I am probably too late as we are sailing 11/18.

We just check in and check back out because it's quite a little walk from the hotel over to Atlantis, and we don't want to have to quit early to go back and check out. You could wait and check out at the end of your day though. It isn't any cheaper to check out immediately. We just do it cause we're sortof lazy.:rotfl:

Wouldn't a room automatically check you out if you've already pre-paid on your credit card? Why bother going back with your room key since they're usually reprogrammable cards anyways?

Credit cards for food purchases or a room key. In Aug. 2007, we didn't want to go back to the Comfort Suites to look over and pay a final bill, so we checked out as so as we checked in. Our paperwork was then marked with no charging privileges. At the Atlantis, to get drinks, snacks, or food outside, they would only accept credit cards. It was a pain because the children (12 & 14) couldn't even get a soda by themselves.

I'm guessing the staff there are used to this?

Otherwise I'd think everyone was REALLY weird!!:lmao:

I am a little confused here.....so you can spend the day at Atlantis even if you dont have a room there??? I called Atlantis a few weeks ago and asked them that question and the guy told me NO, I can't do that! I wanted to go to the Atlantis for spring break this year but they were sold out so I thought about staying somewhere else as long as I can go to Atlantis property and use the amenities. Since he told me no, we finalized and made our last non-refundable payment for somewhere else. Oh well!!

I just wanted to thank the OP for starting this thread and thanks to all of you who have replied. I just booked a room at Comfort for our 1 day in Nassau so we can use the waterpark at Atlantis. It was so much cheaper then booking DCL's excursion for the same. Wow, the cost of that excursion is HUGE through Disney. So we are all set. Didn't cost anymore then going to Typhoon Lagoon for 4 of us for the day, so it's all good! :goodvibes

thanks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter