Going Solo. Norwegian Fjords in June

simpleohio

Mouseketeer
I decided to book me a last minute cruise and go there this June.

Anybody else going or are there any Facebook groups for it?

Is it odd I'm going by myself

I decided to book me a last minute cruise and go there this June.

Anybody else going or are there any Facebook groups for it?

Is it odd I'm going by myself
You need to check the Cruse Meet board: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-meets.85/

Find the cruise meet forum for your ship/year: https://www.disboards.com/threads/find-your-2017-magic-cruise-meet-link-here.3473267/

and scroll down through the first post there to see if your cruise has a meet started here on DISboards.

Links to other social media sites are not allowed here on DISboards.

I cruise solo all the time. Never felt weird about it. (Of course I've never really cared what people thought of me anyway.)

Most people I encounter are more admiring than "Oh. No one to come with you then?" And those who are in the "Good for you!" camp are the ones I'd gravitate towards anyway.

I cruised solo on the Wonder WBPC last year and over the 14 night cruise I found mixed reactions. The best reaction was meeting two sisters in the terminal who made it clear I was to join them whenever I felt the need for company and through the navigator app we connected to meet numerous times. The worst reaction was a mother in a character line who very loudly announced Disney shouldn't allow adults by themselves on the ship and those adults certainly had no business in line to meet a character. I was proud of myself for not saying anything and continuing to patiently wait in the line.

I cruised solo on the Wonder WBPC last year and over the 14 night cruise I found mixed reactions. The best reaction was meeting two sisters in the terminal who made it clear I was to join them whenever I felt the need for company and through the navigator app we connected to meet numerous times. The worst reaction was a mother in a character line who very loudly announced Disney shouldn't allow adults by themselves on the ship and those adults certainly had no business in line to meet a character. I was proud of myself for not saying anything and continuing to patiently wait in the line.
Wow, you are much more tolerant than I. That sort of action would elicit, at least, a stony stare from me. For the whole time I was in line.

Certainly not odd. I've done WDW solo and it was great! I haven't cruised just because the single supplement irks me to no end (though I did come close to doing so in January). A coworker started a travel blog to help people feel comfortable traveling by themselves all over the world and found a huge amount of support for it - I'm on that cruise and promise if I happen to run into you I wouldn't give you the stink eye.

I have cruised solo, and have stood in line to meet the characters. You are much more patient than I would be. And, I feel very sorry for that woman's children.

I would had given that woman my opinion of her standing in line ha

I guess being 40 now if I want to stand in line for a character and somebody's opinion next to me I will gladly give them my opinion back

I think I'm going to book the cruise and just go for it what do I have to lose

There is nothing weird about that. And you dont have to worry about picking things that others want to do on the trip- just do things you like! win- win! have fun :cool1:

and boy i would have stared that person down. Really stupid comment and behavior....feel sorry for those who live with her...

I've done solo with Disney twice and the Norwegian Fjords cruise departing Copenhagen on June 4 will be the second time cruising Disney with my mum. When I did the eastern Caribbean I was seated on a table with two other solo ladies. The server was surprised we were all solo but we thought it was great and I'm still Facebook friends with one of them.

The first ever cruise on Disney for me was Alaska and that was solo but I was seated with some other people of mixed ages (mostly parent with adult child which is where I got the idea to start dragging my mum along). So long as you're happy to make the most of it on your own you'll be fine solo. If you want to be social seek people out to chat (the cast members are also super friendly) and if you don't then no need.

Have a great trip!

I have cruised solo, and have stood in line to meet the characters. You are much more patient than I would be. And, I feel very sorry for that woman's children.

I also feel sorry for them. I have been set a great example by my family that you shouldn't wait for someone else if you want to do something. I hope those kids don't feel held back as adults from having fun just because they may not have kids to meet the characters with or similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter